Suggestions, Tips and Help

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
Suggestions and Comments

Post by Hrithika »

vampfever wrote:[vimeo][/vimeo]
I've also allowed for various other kind of media to be posted, will add buttons if madam requests.

[0146.gif]Thanks for an vimeo button [0146.gif]

Is there an for soundcload too then i would be happy [happy.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

Hrithika wrote:
vampfever wrote:[vimeo][/vimeo]
I've also allowed for various other kind of media to be posted, will add buttons if madam requests.

[0146.gif]Thanks for an vimeo button [0146.gif]

Is there an for soundcload too then i would be happy [happy.gif]
All in good time, BB. Vampfever is working hard on getting our new domain ready and you can ask her again once we've moved, OK?

She's crazy busy at work and I don't want her to get sidetracked until we're ready to migrate.

[hug.gif]
"It is what it is!"
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
Suggestions and Comments

Post by Hrithika »

Ok

We don't won't her to be burn out [no2.gif] she need to have a life besides work and fandom too [yes.gif]

last question for tonight
So when is this migration?

time for bed [sleep.gif]
I like all improvement [thumbs.gif]

of.......zzzzzzzzzzz
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

Hrithika wrote:Ok

We don't won't her to be burn out [no2.gif] she need to have a life besides work and fandom too [yes.gif]

last question for tonight
So when is this migration?

time for bed [sleep.gif]
I like all improvement [thumbs.gif]

of.......zzzzzzzzzzz
No set date yet... Waiting for a bunch of fixes to get done first. Some of it is stuff you guys see, some of it is stuff we realize is not working right in the background.

Maybe next weekend... We'll see.

Goodnight, BB!

[lazy2.gif]
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

hotouthere wrote:
madamimadam wrote:Soooooooooooo.... it's been 10 days since I started the Sea of Red thread.

How is it working for everyone? Good? Bad? Couldn't care less? Have never been there?

Please comment!!!!
I love the sea of red thread for catching up on tweets that I don't have time to follow during the day. It serves as a daily news thread and I do like they way you have been categorizing them into various subjects.

In my opinion it would actually be great if you just left the day's tweets in that thread...all except the ones that Adam himself puts out or those of people who tweet about Adam who are personally or professionally connected to him. Just leave the fan tweets and many copy-cat media tweets in the Sea of Red thread.

We can copy and paste tweets and other items if there is something that we really want to discuss. This way, we won't have to read the tweets more than once unless one of us wants to comment.

The point is, I like reading the tweets, I just rather avoid reading them more than once. This would also reduce the work for you Marie at the end of the day. If you provide the tweets in one place, we can read or scan through them quickly if that is what we like to do; however we are not creating an overload of information in the other threads that takes so much time to sort through that we don't actually spend time discussing things which is the primary reason we should be here. [smile.gif]
I've been racking my brain to figure out a way to make it better for you in the threads.

I think I figured it out... The same way I make the post italics when I've copied them from the Sea of Red thread, I can copy them into the threads in italics so people know that those posts are coming from the Sea of Red thread and if they've already read that thread they can skip over those posts...

Sound like a plan?
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

madamimadam wrote:
hotouthere wrote:
madamimadam wrote:Soooooooooooo.... it's been 10 days since I started the Sea of Red thread.

How is it working for everyone? Good? Bad? Couldn't care less? Have never been there?

Please comment!!!!
I love the sea of red thread for catching up on tweets that I don't have time to follow during the day. It serves as a daily news thread and I do like they way you have been categorizing them into various subjects.

In my opinion it would actually be great if you just left the day's tweets in that thread...all except the ones that Adam himself puts out or those of people who tweet about Adam who are personally or professionally connected to him. Just leave the fan tweets and many copy-cat media tweets in the Sea of Red thread.

We can copy and paste tweets and other items if there is something that we really want to discuss. This way, we won't have to read the tweets more than once unless one of us wants to comment.

The point is, I like reading the tweets, I just rather avoid reading them more than once. This would also reduce the work for you Marie at the end of the day. If you provide the tweets in one place, we can read or scan through them quickly if that is what we like to do; however we are not creating an overload of information in the other threads that takes so much time to sort through that we don't actually spend time discussing things which is the primary reason we should be here. [smile.gif]
I've been racking my brain to figure out a way to make it better for you in the threads.

I think I figured it out... The same way I make the post italics when I've copied them from the Sea of Red thread, I can copy them into the threads in italics so people know that those posts are coming from the Sea of Red thread and if they've already read that thread they can skip over those posts...

Sound like a plan?

OK, so I did it that way tonight. Let me know if it helps.
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Suggestions and Comments

Post by hotouthere »

madamimadam wrote:
madamimadam wrote:
hotouthere wrote:

Please comment!!!!

Sound like a plan?

OK, so I did it that way tonight. Let me know if it helps.
Or......You can just quote the items in the "Sea of Red" thread and bring them into the other threads as quotes. I actually can't distinguish the italic print from the regular print that much. The only thing with that is it might easier to quote and pop into the applicable thread if the subject matter is separated into different posts/frames in the "Sea of Red" thread.

Something I just realized is that the individual posts in the threads are not numbered! Can post numbers can be added? I use the post numbers to find my way sometimes when I scroll back and forth on a page.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

The quote idea is perfect! I don't understand what you mean by the subjects being separated, coz they are. I basically do two updates a day. One in the morning and one before going to bed... Sometimes, while I'm doing the evening one a bunch more tweets show up that I want to bring in which is why you can have a few posts for each thread.

You can see the posts numbers by clicking on the little white box to the left of the thread title in each post.
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Suggestions and Comments

Post by hotouthere »

madamimadam wrote:The quote idea is perfect! I don't understand what you mean by the subjects being separated, coz they are. I basically do two updates a day. One in the morning and one before going to bed... Sometimes, while I'm doing the evening one a bunch more tweets show up that I want to bring in which is why you can have a few posts for each thread.

You can see the posts numbers by clicking on the little white box to the left of the thread title in each post.

I wasn't sure if you had multiple subjects or not in each box. You're one step ahead of me! I did see that you quoted a few items today. I will check out the post numbers also. Thank you!
hotouthere

Suggestions and Comments

Post by hotouthere »

I clicked on the white box to see the post number but they are not numbered consecutively for that thread. They must be numbered based on overall posts in the forum which wasn't exactly what I was looking for. What I was looking for is an easy to see numerical reference on each post. If there are 20 posts on each page and I am scrolling up and down, it helps me to know how far I have gone without reading the actual posts. Keep in mind, I am an accountant so I guess that why it makes sense to me. [0144.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

hotouthere wrote:I clicked on the white box to see the post number but they are not numbered consecutively for that thread. They must be numbered based on overall posts in the forum which wasn't exactly what I was looking for. What I was looking for is an easy to see numerical reference on each post. If there are 20 posts on each page and I am scrolling up and down, it helps me to know how far I have gone without reading the actual posts. Keep in mind, I am an accountant so I guess that why it makes sense to me. [0144.gif]
OYVE!!! I'll ask Vamp, but only AFTER we're done with the fixes that need to get done before we can migrate to the new domain.

In case I forget, ask me again.

[yes.gif]
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Suggestions and Comments

Post by hotouthere »

madamimadam wrote:
hotouthere wrote:I clicked on the white box to see the post number but they are not numbered consecutively for that thread. They must be numbered based on overall posts in the forum which wasn't exactly what I was looking for. What I was looking for is an easy to see numerical reference on each post. If there are 20 posts on each page and I am scrolling up and down, it helps me to know how far I have gone without reading the actual posts. Keep in mind, I am an accountant so I guess that why it makes sense to me. [0144.gif]
OYVE!!! I'll ask Vamp, but only AFTER we're done with the fixes that need to get done before we can migrate to the new domain.

In case I forget, ask me again.

[yes.gif]
No rush...just something I noticed was different/missing as compared to IDF.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

madamimadam wrote:The quote idea is perfect! I don't understand what you mean by the subjects being separated, coz they are. I basically do two updates a day. One in the morning and one before going to bed... Sometimes, while I'm doing the evening one a bunch more tweets show up that I want to bring in which is why you can have a few posts for each thread.

I realized that one of the main issues we were having with this domain is the 'quote' problem... So, for now... I'll do the italics when bringing in stuff into the individual threads. Once we move to the new domain, I'll do the quote stuff though... I think it's a great idea!!!!
"It is what it is!"
barb4Adam
Suggestions and Comments

Post by barb4Adam »

Sorry to bother you with this again Marie, but annoying e mail notifications are back every time I post and/or sometimes even browse a topic ....
I can of course keep coming back to the board every time I post and clear all in my contol panel, but really puzzled and wondering if anyone else has this problem?? [0062.gif]

Trying to be concise, but don't know how much of this you can see in my Control Panel ....
E mail first with strange lack of address...
Date: 05/18/15 15:34:25
To: barb4Adam
Subject: Topic reply notification - "2015-05-18 - Andy Cohen Show"

Hello barb4Adam,
You are receiving this notification because you are watching the topic,
"2015-05-18 - Andy Cohen Show" at "Madamimadam Treasure Trove". This topic
has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link
to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you
visit the topic.
Re: Topic reply notification - If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Unsubscribe topic" link found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:
http://adamlambert.myfanforum.org/viewt ... atch=topic
Are you sure you wish to unsubscribe from the topic “2015-05-18 - Watch What Happens Live - Andy Cohen Show”?"

So click YES to unsubscribe , but then have to UNWATCH here and they still email and come back every time I post!!???
vvvvvv
Manage subscriptions (with some strange contradictions)...
[i]Below is a list of forums and topics you are subscribed to.
You will be notified of new posts in either. To unsubscribe mark the forum or topic and then press the Unwatch marked button.

You are not subscribed to any forums.
Watched topics

Last post
Mark
2015 Media - Audio/Video
1 ... 678
Attachment(s) by madamimadam » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:18 pm
Last post
by barb4Adam View the latest post
Mon May 18, 2015 1:17 pm
2015 Adam-Related Tweets
1 ... 202122
by madamimadam » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:24 pm
Last post
by barb4Adam View the latest post
Mon May 18, 2015 1:11 pm
2 topics • Page 1 of 1
Mark all • Unmark all
UNWATCH MARKED
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

Barb: I think I finally found a permanent solution... It worked for me...

Go to "User Control Panel", "Manage Subscriptions"... Select them all and 'unsubscribe'. It did the trick for me.

Let me know if it works for you.
"It is what it is!"
barb4Adam
Suggestions and Comments

Post by barb4Adam »

madamimadam wrote:Barb: I think I finally found a permanent solution... It worked for me...

Go to "User Control Panel", "Manage Subscriptions"... Select them all and 'unsubscribe'. It did the trick for me.

Let me know if it works for you.
Feeling dense!! [0062.gif]
This is all I see...no 'unsubscribe' command...only 'Unwatch marked' which obviously isn't working for me!??
vvvv
Manage subscriptions
Below is a list of forums and topics you are subscribed to. You will be notified of new posts in either. To unsubscribe mark the forum or topic and then press the Unwatch marked button.

You are not subscribed to any forums.
barb4Adam
Suggestions and Comments

Post by barb4Adam »

Repeating myself maybe...this link in my e mail.
vvv
If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the
"Unsubscribe topic" link found at the bottom of the topic above, or by
clicking the following link:
http://adamlambert.myfanforum.org/viewt ... atch=topic

Are you sure you wish to unsubscribe from the topic “Suggestions and Comments”?
I click on YES to unsubscribe but still subscribed in my Control Panel next time I post.
barb4Adam
Suggestions and Comments

Post by barb4Adam »

No new e mails after last 2 posts...maybe somebody is listening to me!! [thumbsup.gif] [chufted.gif] [0010.gif]
See what happens now...will let you know!
barb4Adam
Suggestions and Comments

Post by barb4Adam »

Last attempt at this I think Marie...have unchecked bolded command below at bottom of my last post First time I noticed it was checked.
vvvvv
Options
Disable BBCode
Disable smilies
Do not automatically parse URLs
Attach a signature (signatures can be altered via the UCP)
Notify me when a reply is posted
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

barb4Adam wrote:Last attempt at this I think Marie...have unchecked bolded command below at bottom of my last post First time I noticed it was checked.
vvvvv
Options
Disable BBCode
Disable smilies
Do not automatically parse URLs
Attach a signature (signatures can be altered via the UCP)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Oh! Go to User Control Panel, Board Preferences, Edit Posting Defaults and change your posting option to No in Notify upon reply!
"It is what it is!"

Return to “Let's Talk!”