"Welcome to the Show" New Single

3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Wtts imo is a real banger. Jmo this well be Adams world wide Smash. Of course ppl.are entitled to not like it. But its just opinion end of day and Pov.
bridgette12

Post by bridgette12 »

misswood » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:31 pm wrote:Why is it a big deal if someone dislikes this song? It's really nothing worth folks getting their drawers in a twist over.
Like you said, it's not that big of a deal. Some seem to think this is going to be a big hit, which I seriously doubt is going to happen and they don't want others raining on their parade. I loved Adam's latest albums and this song is not of the same quality material..I do really want to hear what he recorded with Steve, the snippet has me intrigued.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

The more I watch the AI performance & listen to my itune DL........

I love it more & more.....vocals front & center......great blend....

simple lyrics....that are also meaningful.....

The mix of pop & R&B sounds....is so current and catchy ......

radio friendly ::thumbsup::

I love it ....I think it will hit as well ::thumbsup:: ::wub:: ::thumbup::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

When I first listened to the song I was surprised because I expected something more up-beat. But I love the song and the Idol performance was a smash.
And seeing Adam jumping like a little kid with excitement after the performance was the cutest I have seen in a long while.

It will be interesting to see what happens next. WB has spend a good amount of money and they are pimping the song, Adam is beyond himself (I have never seen him being this excited, not even with TOH release), the Idol appearance was a huge success and it did very well at iTunes.
But we all know that the buzz won`t last, it has to be backed up with further promo. And Adam will be out of the country in a few weeks. Shoshanna said it will be presented to US radio but no sign when it will happen.

Also what about the mysterious video they filmed in Tokyo in that crazy cafe?
svca

Post by svca »

I find it interesting that he's sooooo excited about this single....it just almost makes me wonder if there isn't something happening that we haven't found out about yet. ::thinking:: ::thinking::

I know we like to be all ninja-like as a fandom ::ninja:: ::ninja:: but I really enjoy the surprises that come out of nowhere, like this song. ::wootdance:: ::wootdance::
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

Stealing this comment from Atop:

"First Spotify update is available where WTTS was available in all countries and it's amazing!!!

Total amount of Spotify streams is now 259,163. That's an increase of 195,881 for 1 day! As the charted countries did 108k this leaves 87k streams for the other countries.

WTTS is immediately his biggest song in Spotify now as GT did 155,264 streams!

These numbers are way bigger than when GT just got out! There is just much more interest in his songs now than before. Let's hope he keeps this up!

Only 265k needed to get into the Global top 200 by the way!
Stream people, stream!"

And I am also shazaming once a day.

Adam is so excited about this song, I want to support him as much as I can. ::thumbup::
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

TALCvids ‏@TALCvids 29m29 minutes ago
So ! RT @RadarEcho: Love seeing @adamlambert in the Weekend Buzz list on @Spotify #WelcomeToTheShow !!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Popprince Mar 17
Loving the new @adamlambert single Welcome To The Show feat @laleh

sandyzzzen Mar 17
Telehit tweeted about #WelcomeToTheShow !! And there is not even a music video! ( is the main video channel in MX and played GT a lot)

creativedisc Mar 17
Dengerin lagu baru @AdamLambert featuring @laleh "Welcome to the Show" https://youtu.be/z73fSxKpYmA

WarnerMusicSA Mar 17
NEW MUSIC: Get @adamlambert's new single 'Welcome To The Show' on iTunes here: https://geo.itunes.apple.com/za/album/w ... app=itunes

Mercury150 Mar 17
@adamlambert's new single being heavily plugged on the radio here in Singapore. Yes!!!!!

WarnerMusicLatv Mar 18
Adam Lambert released tonight his brand new single “Welcome to the Show”feat. Laleh ! The track was recorded... http://fb.me/5V5GwmmGC

_swoosh14 Mar 18
NRJ plays #WelcomeToTheShow in every two hours it seems

GlamFanNation Mar 18
It's REAL!!! iTunes front page!!!!! #WelcomeToTheShow #LambertOnIdol \O/\O/\O/

Warner_Music_Kr Mar 18
아담 램버트 (Adam Lambert) 신곡 Welcome To The Show (Feat. Laleh) 발매! http://bit.ly/1PgmuT6

CNJDirect Mar 18
But among all the new single releases this week, Adam Lambert takes the cake- "Welcome to the Show" is fucking brilliant!

starr_d Mar 18
because this is just hilarious ... screencap of comment on official ai wtts video :) http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae64 ... gffuaz.png

LibraLaurie Mar 18 View translation
@adamlambert #WelcomeToTheShow via warnermusiccolBogotá, Colombia

Walt_G Mar 18
#newmusic Welcome to the Show (feat. Laleh) - Single - Adam Lambert http://ow.ly/3cBpzt
"It is what it is!"
frank1088

Post by frank1088 »

When I first heard WTTS, I thought it was just okay. The more I listen, the more like it. By "listen," I mean watch his AI performance. This happens to me all the time with Adam's music. I'll hear a song on the album and think "meh" and then he performs it live and I fall in love. So I'm hoping it will do well people who just hear the recorded version. It certainly came out of left field!
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Wtts in Oz and Nz weekend buzz playlist too.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

EQMusicBlog 3h3 hours ago
Like we know so already, but @adamlambert continues to show us he’s in a league of his own http://bit.ly/1T1ygIa
"It is what it is!"
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

R3JTUN3D

Feral ‎@feraltwirler
Wow A remix already! >> : #WelcometotheShow - @adamlambert feat. @laleh (R3JTUN3D REMIX)
[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/DA0mfG51FPk[/bbvideo]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

AlexanderMorner 8m8 minutes ago
My radio station just played #WelcomeToTheShow and went "this is the best I've heard for a long time, raise the volume now!!" Etc
"It is what it is!"
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

madamimadam » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:57 pm wrote:AlexanderMorner 8m8 minutes ago
My radio station just played #WelcomeToTheShow and went "this is the best I've heard for a long time, raise the volume now!!" Etc
Well ppl.who know what they are talking about think its a hit..Ahem.so.their you go. Wtts is a real banger imo. Obviously none of toh singles convinced wbr they had potential. Like streaming potential of gt. So Adam and Wbr decided to go in a new direction. But I.think.the majority love the track. And it has real hit potential. But you cant say it does or doesn't. Its impossible to determine what track well be a radio hit. Its a real lottery. Gt was an unexpected us pop hit. And.streaming wise was overwhelming with nearly 120 mill plays. And made waves in the Dance Edm.world. It all.depends on luck and promo now.
Paula

Post by Paula »

3ku1 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:10 pm wrote:
Well ppl.who know what they are talking about think its a hit..Ahem.so.their you go. Wtts is a real banger imo. Obviously none of toh singles convinced wbr they had potential. Like streaming potential of gt. So Adam and Wbr decided to go in a new direction. But I.think.the majority love the track. And it has real hit potential. But you cant say it does or doesn't. Its impossible to determine what track well be a radio hit. Its a real lottery. Gt was an unexpected us pop hit. And.streaming wise was overwhelming with nearly 120 mill plays. And made waves in the Dance Edm.world. It all.depends on luck and promo now.
Ummm,, how do you know for SURE that it was WBR's idea? From the way Adam talks about it, sounds like it was his idea to do the song....
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Paula » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:44 pm wrote:
Ummm,, how do you know for SURE that it was WBR's idea? From the way Adam talks about it, sounds like it was his idea to do the song....
I said wbr AND Adam
Paula

Post by Paula »

3ku1 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:03 pm wrote:
Paula » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:44 pm wrote:
I said wbr AND Adam
Again, how do you know WBR AND Adam decided on this? It might have just been Adam alone. I see no proof to support what you're saying.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

I think we all are dealing with a gray area here when it comes to WTTS. No one knows for sure what will happen to it. I do agree with you that it will need promo to get it off the ground. I'm hoping that if it truly is the next single for him, that WBR, his management team and Shosh are well on board to do their job and push it.

I do have a problem when you use words like "obviously". We, "obviously" know NOTHING. It is silly to think that we do.

Shosh was asked on twitter several weeks ago, if there would be another single released to radio from TOH. Her answer was "of course". So maybe we should take Adam at his word when he said that he wanted to have a new song for Spring and for his fans to sing on AI. It could very well be as simplistic as that.

It also might happen that the song TOH could be released in the Summer after WTTS, IF it goes to radio as Shosh said it would, has a few months run up the charts. We will have to see and wait patiently.

IMO, TOH was loaded with potential radio hits. It is all in the promo as I see it. The song TOH was tried out in Oz and New Zealand and didn't resonate. But it is a big world. It could have resonated else where imo. Maybe even in the US. It just wasn't tried here yet.

Ghost Town was pushed heavily for six months on US radio and that IMO helped to make it a smash. A song HAS to be played a lot until the public falls in love with it. It happens all the time with sh!tty songs. You hear it long enough and you start to love it. I am NOT saying Ghost Town was a sh!tty song at all. Just giving an example of how maybe TOH song could have been pushed harder in Oz and NZ to make it connect.

Anyway, what a great few days it has been. Adam so happy and excited for WTTS, with a great performance, a new snippet of Can't Go Home, and we got to hear him sing Can't Help Falling In Love at his brothers wedding. All in all a wonderful treat.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Carmi » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:01 pm wrote:

I think we all are dealing with a gray area here when it comes to WTTS. No one knows for sure what will happen to it. I do agree with you that it will need promo to get it off the ground. I'm hoping that if it truly is the next single for him, that WBR, his management team and Shosh are well on board to do their job and push it.

I do have a problem when you use words like "obviously". We, "obviously" know NOTHING. It is silly to think that we do.

Shosh was asked on twitter several weeks ago, if there would be another single released to radio from TOH. Her answer was "of course". So maybe we should take Adam at his word when he said that he wanted to have a new song for Spring and for his fans to sing on AI. It could very well be as simplistic as that.

It also might happen that the song TOH could be released in the Summer after WTTS, IF it goes to radio as Shosh said it would, has a few months run up the charts. We will have to see and wait patiently.

IMO, TOH was loaded with potential radio hits. It is all in the promo as I see it. The song TOH was tried out in Oz and New Zealand and didn't resonate. But it is a big world. It could have resonated else where imo. Maybe even in the US. It just wasn't tried here yet.

Ghost Town was pushed heavily for six months on US radio and that IMO helped to make it a smash. A song HAS to be played a lot until the public falls in love with it. It happens all the time with sh!tty songs. You hear it long enough and you start to love it. I am NOT saying Ghost Town was a sh!tty song at all. Just giving an example of how maybe TOH song could have been pushed harder in Oz and NZ to make it connect.

Anyway, what a great few days it has been. Adam so happy and excited for WTTS, with a great performance, a new snippet of Can't Go Home, and we got to hear him sing Can't Help Falling In Love at his brothers wedding. All in all a wonderful treat.
agree.just saying wtts sounds nothing like toh singles. Wbr imo prob saw no potential. But stand alone singles happen all.the time. The music business changed. I don't think theirs any special plan.with wtts. I just think Adam andwbr decided togo another direction. Its a pretty common strategy these days tbh. Maybe an lp in the spring.
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to Adam Music Archives on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:09 pm by madamimadam

Moved from Adam Music Archives to 2016 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:31 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2016 Adam Music”