"Ghost Town" First Single

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Loving all the UK media hype...but also agreeing with you guys...where is all the USA hype??

I hope WBR has something really BIG planned for the US roll out.....and not just hoping for radio adds.

And while radio play is very important, don't discount the power of TV.  It was TV in the UK and Europe (NYE London, Helen Fischer, X-Factor) that got lots of people interested in him.  "The most googled name in the UK" after NYE.  From that, ofc, came the astounding success of QAL UK/Europe.

But the big interest was because of TV...not because of radio play.

And, yes, I realize it was QUEEN.....but it was Adam that got googled and raved about.

He sounds fabulous...but looks gorgeous ....and those looks and that personality will shine through on TV and interest folks that might not have just listened on radio.
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

vistadiva:8566 wrote:Loving all the UK media hype...but also agreeing with you guys...where is all the USA hype??

I hope WBR has something really BIG planned for the US roll out.....and not just hoping for radio adds.

And while radio play is very important, don't discount the power of TV.  It was TV in the UK and Europe (NYE London, Helen Fischer, X-Factor) that got lots of people interested in him.  "The most googled name in the UK" after NYE.  From that, ofc, came the astounding success of QAL UK/Europe.

And, yes, I realize it was QUEEN.....but it was Adam that got googled and raved about.

He sounds fabulous...but looks gorgeous ....and those looks and that personality will shine through on TV and interest folks that might not have just listened on radio.
I'm sure Adam will do some TV...I just don't think there is going to be any TV next week...next week will be all about getting some radio play, radio interviews, probably will be US reviews and  other media...TV will follow in late April/early May.....I mean, what do you all view as really BIG?  look at what other pop artists have done for their lead single releases, both big radio staple stars, medium sized stars and new artists...I expect a bunch of radio phoners and some (hopefully a lot but who knows) radio play next week, reviews, maybe some us print/internet interviews next week...with tv performances and the video in the ensuing 2-3 weeks
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

rustycat:8595 wrote:
vistadiva:8566 wrote:Loving all the UK media hype...but also agreeing with you guys...where is all the USA hype??

I'm sure Adam will do some TV...I just don't think there is going to be any TV next week...next week will be all about getting some radio play, radio interviews, probably will be US reviews and  other media...TV will follow in late April/early May.....I mean, what do you all view as really BIG?  look at what other pop artists have done for their lead single releases, both big radio staple stars, medium sized stars and new artists...I expect a bunch of radio phoners and some (hopefully a lot but who knows) radio play next week, reviews, maybe some us print/internet interviews next week...with tv performances and the video in the ensuing 2-3 weeks
Well, I'm sure we can count on an AI appearance and performance of GT.  Not just a duet with a contestant.
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

I would agree with you if Adam had the chance to perform a two hour show on the biggest TV station in the US at a time when millions are watching.

X-Factor and especially NYE did wonders in the UK but that was a once-in-a-livetime opportunity with Britains most legendary band.

To be honest - what impact had the TV shows for him during the TP era? The appearances got to a little bump at the charts for one or two days.
GLEE brought new fans but he was on the show regularly for some weeks, not a one-off.

I am not saying he should not be on TV shows but "ordinary people" people need to listen to the song on a regular daily basis. A deal with one of the popular streaming services would be great too.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

IWONA
@IvaaLambert
Ghost Town will not be released in the UK until June ....they can listen the single,but buying not .

rustycat

Post by rustycat »

vistadiva:8670 wrote:
IWONA
@IvaaLambert
Ghost Town will not be released in the UK until June ....they can listen the single,but buying not .

I don't understand all of the confusion over this....this is the case with every artist in the UK.  A song gets released to radio and online (people can hear it) but it doesn't go for sale until about 6 weeks later.  That's just the way its done there.  And yet Shoshanna keeps getting constant tweets about it, and I've seen fan tweets to her and to Warner complaining that Adam's fans are being treated poorly/unfairly because the single can't be bought in the UK next week.  Everyone in the uk can hear the song starting next week; they just can't buy it.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

All really good points here. But, I agree with Sabine. He really needs radio to play and play and play GhostTown often when it is released. We need to hear it being overdosed to the general public the way they do other singers songs.  :yes:  I believe that radio will be key much more than TV for now. TV, imo, WILL happen too. And people will remember him from Idol and many, I'm sure will be happy that he is back. (we know he never left, heh) We also know that he will look great, sound great, and blow peoples mind as he did on Idol.

I'm not dismissing that he was the most googled person in UK after the New Year's Eve performance. He was. I saw the stats too. It's just that the New Years Eve show had a built in audience. Lots of people in UK tune in as a tradition. It helped Adam get tons of exposure. That is a fact. But imo, Queen was the draw there.

I am still firmly planted on my "positive train". I have a great feeling about era3. So much is different from the last two era's. I'm loving all the UK press. I'm also loving what all the US industry people who have heard GhostTown are saying also. It feels, to me, that many in the biz truly are rooting for him to have what has been a long delayed success this time around.  :thumbsup:
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

rustycat:8689 wrote:
vistadiva:8670 wrote:
IWONA
@IvaaLambert

I don't understand all of the confusion over this....this is the case with every artist in the UK.  A song gets released to radio and online (people can hear it) but it doesn't go for sale until about 6 weeks later.  That's just the way its done there.  And yet Shoshanna keeps getting constant tweets about it, and I've seen fan tweets to her and to Warner complaining that Adam's fans are being treated poorly/unfairly because the single can't be bought in the UK next week.  Everyone in the uk can hear the song starting next week; they just can't buy it.
Rustycat I'm not sure where you're from...whether it's US or UK?  You obviously have great knowledge of the music business.  Your posts are always interesting and informative!

A lot of the people on this board are USA based and we don't have a smidgen of the amount of insight and knowledge you have about the music industry.  Nor would we have knowledge of the way the UK works with music releases....we have enough problems figuring out how it works in the US!!:thinks:

So, please forgive our confusion and our ignorance....and keep explaining.  :flowers:
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

NEW VIDEO LYRICS LEAK!!

ADAM LAMBERT @adamlambert
4 More Days #GhostTown

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphot ... 8198_n.mp4

(How do we bring in instagram vids here, Marie???)
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

:drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:

Is this maybe the single artwork????
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

ADAM LAMBERTVerified account
‏@adamlambert   4 More Days #GhostTown

Ghost-Town!!!! ‏@kinkykiedis  · 13m13 minutes ago  
Adam Lambert "Ghost Town" (Official Single Cover + Teaser #3) http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/adam-l ... host-town/

from^^^^^^^^^^this !!!

Adam Lambert “Ghost Town” (Official Single Cover + Teaser #3)

During an interview with Hunger Magazine, Lambert talked about the new single, he said:

The first single feels like the perfect introduction to The Original High. It establishes itself in a very earthy, vulnerable way and transforms into a hypnotic dream full of surreal imagery and set to a minimal yet massive deep house beat. The hook will worm its way into your ears after the first listen. Get ready!

http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/adam-l ... host-town/

:celebrate:  :stir:  :clap:  :thumbsup:  :stir:  :celebrate:  :clap:  :thumbsup:

SOOOOOO EXCITING !!!!!
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
Sealuv

Post by Sealuv »

vistadiva:8722 wrote::drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:

Is this maybe the single artwork????
...... :shocked:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool: and ad infinitum...... :laugh:

and ...yes....would be great cover art for the track..... :winkthumb:

and agree with all of you on US airplay...he needs radio .....that's the cash cow for becoming a pop star......and adam wants to be a pop star.......so hoping with this era, he finally attains his dream....

as to TV....that is gravy....but not the meal....(radio)..he will at least have Idol...as to anything else ...who knows?
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

Ghost Town - April 21st [Teaser #3]
[youtube][/youtube]
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

ADAM LAMBERT  @adamlambert   Single Art #GhostTown

He is so excited for us to hear it !!  :wub:  :thumbsup:  :stir:  :celebrate:
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

So that's the art work single cover...confirmed by Adam.  I see a very dark theme here...bet on a BW music video.  He is always the artist!
Sealuv

Post by Sealuv »

Love2Lurk:8750 wrote:ADAM LAMBERT  @adamlambert   Single Art #GhostTown

ok ...so it is the cover!.... ominous, dark and very SEXY!!!!
Sealuv

Post by Sealuv »

vistadiva:8752 wrote:So that's the art work single cover...confirmed by Adam.  I see a very dark theme here...bet on a BW music video.  He is always the artist!

and back to film noir!..... :laugh:
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

vistadiva:8752 wrote:So that's the art work single cover...confirmed by Adam.  I see a very dark theme here...bet on a BW music video.  He is always the artist!

I agree. I think the music video will be black and white too. He is such a trendsetter. I will also assume that all artists music vids in the near future will be black and white also. :wink:  :laugh: Many follow his lead. Although, many will never admit it. When he did Trespassing with light/dark theme, I remember lots of artists were claiming the same for their albums. :laugh:   He really is an artist and inspires.
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

Sealuv:8753 wrote:
Love2Lurk:8750 wrote:ADAM LAMBERT  @adamlambert   Single Art #GhostTown

ok ...so it is the cover!.... ominous, dark and very SEXY!!!!
:wub:  :thumbsup:  :stir:  :celebrate::wut: ImageImageImage
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

SweetReunion22 @SweetReunion22 2m2 minutes ago
Found this option for GhostTown concert wear...lol

Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to Adam Music Archives on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:09 pm by madamimadam

Moved from Adam Music Archives to 2015 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:30 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2015 Adam Music”