***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

teacher-01 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:43 am wrote:Hi, I am new here! I have been a fan of Adam since the New Year's Eve concert in London 2014/2015. I live in the Netherlands and saw part of the concert on the BBC by accident. I saw Adam (I only discovered his name after the show) and watched him in awe and amazement. Who was this guy?????? I instantly loved him. When I saw his name I remembered "What do you Want from me" and remembered that although I liked that song, I had never ever seen a picture of Adam. So that is where my journey started.... TOH came out, I discovered his other two albums, watched each and every video and interview on YouTube and discovered how much I liked his personality and character. I went to see him in Amsterdam on the TOH tour, had a meet and greet there (still cannot believe it, it was so amazing) and saw him with Queen in Brussels. What an amazing journey so far..... I also like the Glamberts. I got to know you guys on Twitter and you all seem genuinely nice people. Love, Petra
Good morning Petra! ::smile:: Welcome to our home. ::flowers:: Loved reading your post on how you discovered Adam. ::yes:: What an exciting journey you have had in that discovery. As you will see, Adam keeps us on our toes. He's such an energizer bunny and keeps on surprising us with something new that he has got going. ::grin::
svca

Post by svca »

Hi, Petra !! ::flowers:: ::flowers::

Thanks for popping in to tell us about your Adam discovery ::grin::

He keeps us hopping... such a busy, busy boy..... ::wootdance:: ::wootdance::
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Raleighfan » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:09 am wrote:Reminds me of a young Adam, except for the baseball game, lol. Watch all the way through ::grin:: .

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwCnti9SW7o[/bbvideo]

Here's the story behind the video. http://www.wowt.com/content/news/Young- ... 19461.html
Awwww! What a cutie. I can see why he would remind you of a young Adam. ::laughing:: Thanks for posting this Raleighfan. ::flowers:: It made me laugh and started the day on a happy note. ::grin::
Paula

Post by Paula »

Raleighfan » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:09 am wrote:Reminds me of a young Adam, except for the baseball game, lol. Watch all the way through ::grin:: .

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwCnti9SW7o[/bbvideo]

Here's the story behind the video. http://www.wowt.com/content/news/Young- ... 19461.html
LMFAO YES!!!! Really reminds me of young Adam, too!
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Paula

Post by Paula »

teacher-01 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:43 am wrote:Hi, I am new here! I have been a fan of Adam since the New Year's Eve concert in London 2014/2015. I live in the Netherlands and saw part of the concert on the BBC by accident. I saw Adam (I only discovered his name after the show) and watched him in awe and amazement. Who was this guy?????? I instantly loved him. When I saw his name I remembered "What do you Want from me" and remembered that although I liked that song, I had never ever seen a picture of Adam. So that is where my journey started.... TOH came out, I discovered his other two albums, watched each and every video and interview on YouTube and discovered how much I liked his personality and character. I went to see him in Amsterdam on the TOH tour, had a meet and greet there (still cannot believe it, it was so amazing) and saw him with Queen in Brussels. What an amazing journey so far..... I also like the Glamberts. I got to know you guys on Twitter and you all seem genuinely nice people. Love, Petra
Hi, Petra! Welcome around! Adam is an amazing man, isn't he? And so gorgeous in person! ::wub::
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Raleighfan

Post by Raleighfan »

teacher-01 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:43 am wrote:Hi, I am new here! I have been a fan of Adam since the New Year's Eve concert in London 2014/2015. I live in the Netherlands and saw part of the concert on the BBC by accident. I saw Adam (I only discovered his name after the show) and watched him in awe and amazement. Who was this guy?????? I instantly loved him. When I saw his name I remembered "What do you Want from me" and remembered that although I liked that song, I had never ever seen a picture of Adam. So that is where my journey started.... TOH came out, I discovered his other two albums, watched each and every video and interview on YouTube and discovered how much I liked his personality and character. I went to see him in Amsterdam on the TOH tour, had a meet and greet there (still cannot believe it, it was so amazing) and saw him with Queen in Brussels. What an amazing journey so far..... I also like the Glamberts. I got to know you guys on Twitter and you all seem genuinely nice people. Love, Petra
Welcome, Petra! ::flower:: I can understand how you were hooked after watching QAL Rock Big Ben Live! What an awesome show! Thank you for sharing your journey with us. ::getonyourbikes::

Tiki, Paula - He can work those eyebrows, too! ::haha::
teacher-01

Post by teacher-01 »

Thank you all for the warm welcome! ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart::
Lizziek

Post by Lizziek »

teacher-01 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:58 am wrote:Thank you all for the warm welcome! ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart::
I'm late... but welcome to our board ::hello:: where we celebrate all things Adam. ::wub::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

teacher-01 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:58 am wrote:Thank you all for the warm welcome! ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart::
I'm slow on the uptake here, but welcome to our board.... ::hugkissblush::

I'm sure that once everyone has recuperated from the six months non-stop touring threads catchup, conversation will resume in earnest...

Right, guys? RIGHT?

::haha::
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

I love your avi ::wub:: ::wub::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Rest in peace, Elie... You did so much for so many! You will never be forgotten...

EndicottPeace
Human suffering anywhere concerns men and women everywhere. -Elie Wiesel #rip

"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

IslandGirl ‏@islandgirljams 7h7 hours ago
IslandGirl Retweeted Grad
Firmly believe things that are meant to be, will be.
Adam is in good hands, and all is well.
Grad
‏@gradam1
Is Demi Lovato a Certified Flop? http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/102401862.html #demilovato
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Tiki » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:50 pm wrote:IslandGirl ‏@islandgirljams 7h7 hours ago
IslandGirl Retweeted Grad
Firmly believe things that are meant to be, will be.
Adam is in good hands, and all is well.
Grad
‏@gradam1
Is Demi Lovato a Certified Flop? http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/102401862.html #demilovato

[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I've had my grandson over for the weekend. His two older siblings are off to camp and I wanted my son and daughter-in-law to get time to themselves... They soooo deserve it!

I am now totally exhausted. There is a reason God makes it so we have children when we're young! ::haha::
"It is what it is!"
nica575

Post by nica575 »

Carmi » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:51 am wrote:
bebeg » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:06 am wrote:
Carmi » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:42 am wrote:It's wonderful to get confirmation via Shosh that Adam is doing a fourth album. But why all the OTT top squeeing from Gelly? And why the doubt from Dag Da? Adam has said that he will be working on new music in the fall. It's not news. He has October wide open so far. Maybe that is when he will work with Max or at least the Wolf Cousins again. What am I missing? ::think:: Is it that fact that Max will do his next album too? It that why Gelly is so excited? Anyway...I'm very happy that Adam will have a quality producer again. Hopefully Max and the team can pull out a great hit, or several hits for him. ::yessss::
If you saw that tweet from gelly I'm going to guess you've seen others. She tends to take her squeeing to an extreme ott level. I do a lot of eye rolling where she's concernced.

In other news...

Billboard wrote an Open Letter to Congress regarding gun control. By the luck of the alphabet Adam's name is the first on the list...

http://www.billboard.com/open-letter/

Well, yes, I agree with you about eye rolling some extreme tweets out there by some fans. For me though, Gelly is not one of them. I mostly enjoy her squeeing and find it funny in her OTT stanning of Adam. She is harmless, loyal and involved to a level that I appreciate. She does not come off as inherently mean.She has an air of class about herself too imo. She never gets super ugly about anything. Her tweets are very doable for me.

The tweets that I roll my eyes to until they practically fall out of my head are the OTT fans who insist that Adam is back with Sauli, the adommy crazies that think Adam and Tommy are still together and the ones that think he and his team are making poor decisions about HIS career. The younger fans who also tweet about the "older" fans (apparently anyone over 40 to them is ancient) are much more off putting.The amount of delusion and fantasy gets to me sometimes.

I only mentioned Gelly yesterday because she is always on top of things and the squeeing was puzzling to me. I would have thought that she remembered that Adam said he wanted to work with Max again. And that she surely remembered he said he would be working on new music in the fall. Having said that, it's all good. I'm just glad that there are still people like Gelly out there that are still interested in him. Fandom is getting smaller by the day, and I wish that wasn't so. But it seems to be. I am still hoping and wishing that he gets a truly major mega hit on radio to propel him into the stratisphere. His voice and talent deserve that imo.
I wonder why you feel the fandom is getting smaller? I agree that a lot of OG type peeps "dropped out" - at least almost everyone I knew personally from the 2009-2010 days are no longer actively interested in Adam but at the same time there are lots and lots of new fans that are joining us all over the world.

like just today teacher-01 - WELCOME to the site and the fandom!

Please don't take this as an argument of any sort, I am genially interested ... ::flowers::
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

nica575 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:28 pm wrote:
Carmi » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:51 am wrote:
bebeg » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:06 am wrote:
Carmi » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:42 am wrote:It's wonderful to get confirmation via Shosh that Adam is doing a fourth album. But why all the OTT top squeeing from Gelly? And why the doubt from Dag Da? Adam has said that he will be working on new music in the fall. It's not news. He has October wide open so far. Maybe that is when he will work with Max or at least the Wolf Cousins again. What am I missing? ::think:: Is it that fact that Max will do his next album too? It that why Gelly is so excited? Anyway...I'm very happy that Adam will have a quality producer again. Hopefully Max and the team can pull out a great hit, or several hits for him. ::yessss::
If you saw that tweet from gelly I'm going to guess you've seen others. She tends to take her squeeing to an extreme ott level. I do a lot of eye rolling where she's concernced.

In other news...

Billboard wrote an Open Letter to Congress regarding gun control. By the luck of the alphabet Adam's name is the first on the list...

http://www.billboard.com/open-letter/

Well, yes, I agree with you about eye rolling some extreme tweets out there by some fans. For me though, Gelly is not one of them. I mostly enjoy her squeeing and find it funny in her OTT stanning of Adam. She is harmless, loyal and involved to a level that I appreciate. She does not come off as inherently mean.She has an air of class about herself too imo. She never gets super ugly about anything. Her tweets are very doable for me.

The tweets that I roll my eyes to until they practically fall out of my head are the OTT fans who insist that Adam is back with Sauli, the adommy crazies that think Adam and Tommy are still together and the ones that think he and his team are making poor decisions about HIS career. The younger fans who also tweet about the "older" fans (apparently anyone over 40 to them is ancient) are much more off putting.The amount of delusion and fantasy gets to me sometimes.

I only mentioned Gelly yesterday because she is always on top of things and the squeeing was puzzling to me. I would have thought that she remembered that Adam said he wanted to work with Max again. And that she surely remembered he said he would be working on new music in the fall. Having said that, it's all good. I'm just glad that there are still people like Gelly out there that are still interested in him. Fandom is getting smaller by the day, and I wish that wasn't so. But it seems to be. I am still hoping and wishing that he gets a truly major mega hit on radio to propel him into the stratisphere. His voice and talent deserve that imo.
I wonder why you feel the fandom is getting smaller? I agree that a lot of OG type peeps "dropped out" - at least almost everyone I knew personally from the 2009-2010 days are no longer actively interested in Adam but at the same time there are lots and lots of new fans that are joining us all over the world.

like just today teacher-01 - WELCOME to the site and the fandom!

Please don't take this as an argument of any sort, I am genially interested ... ::flowers::

No worries. I didn't take this comment to mean that you wanted to ague. I think that all of us here can still have discussions in a civil manner. ::flowers::

The perspective of the fandom that I am coming from and seeing, is that it is changing a lot. The few remaining sites are pretty dead. I don't know why? There are still so many things to discuss about Adam and his stellar voice and talent. Or even just revel in his fashion choices. ::crylaugh::

I agree with you that more fans are discovering him and getting on board with him. Many because of being exposed to him because of QAL. That is a good thing imo. It's just that there are not large quantities of them that really get involved in the "fandom" per se.

Maybe they DO want to be more involved, but where can they go to find a site to join. Besides Marie's little gem of a forum and maybe one other that I can think of, where do they go for fandom camaraderie? Twitter? Instagram? I just don't know?

I realize that the times are not as heady as they were in 2009 and 20010 and GNT. And of course after seven years some have moved on. That's life. I just wish that more posters here, who I KNOW are die hard fans would post more too. He is just such an interesting person to me and I have never been bored of him since January 2009 when he first appeared on Idol. ::hello::
svca

Post by svca »

I'm not bored with him, either, Carmi, but I think a lot of the fans hang out on twitter.

I don't to twitter at all, so a board works better for me, personally.....there are just so many different ways now to stay in touch or get the news.

Adam is so active all the time, I can't even imagine getting bored with him, plus his voice still does it for me, bigtime.

But I know for me, personally, life just gets in the way sometimes of being on the board chatting. Sometimes I just pop in to see what he's up to, but I didn't even have time to look at all the QAL videos from their tour.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

I think the problem is that many of the posters have posted and talked themselves to death! Lol!

We all started out in the same place and then split up into many different web sites and then we condensed into three main sites: MTT, Adamtopia & Adam Official. Outside of those, I spoke to some ladies who said that there are quite a few who keep in touch through facebook. Of course there are also some on ONTD and then groups from other countries who are more comfortable using their own language and have found their own means of communicating.

Generally, I don't think they have given up on Adam and they still want to go to his concerts but just have moved on with their lives; no longer feeling a need to be on here with the same intensity, if at all. They have families and busy lives that demand much of their time and sometimes it is hard to join into a conversation if you are not staying so closely in touch with what is going on. I have no responsibilities other than work and no family members to take care of so coming on here is one of my pleasures and ways of avoiding total boredom. Yes, I am guilty of spending more time just reading and looking at videos than actually posting things but I do try to contribute when the inspiration hits me! ::brightidea:: ::crylaugh::

I do know that many of our OG Glamberts are on still on twitter which allows them the freedom to move around and just add their 2 cents worth of commentary as they go. That same group has embraced Instagram and Snapchat as well....and this of course is how we obtain a lot of the content on this forum.

Adam just isn't spending enough time in America popping up on our TV or in the tabloids. He is just too nice...no one has a beef with him. The paparazzi don't even try to take advantage of him much anymore! I think that until Adam finds some way to really grab the attention of the American public on a more constant basis again, we are just not going to see the same level of involvement on the forums like before.
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Adam now a model and have an agency
1.PNG
svca

Post by svca »

Wow, this is sooo exciting, Adam with a model agency ::clapbig:: ::clap::

We've been saying for a while that he should be modeling, guess he heard us lol.

I love how he's diversifying his career....very smart move.

Nope, not getting bored with this man yet ::woohoo:: ::woohoo::

Return to “Let's Talk!”