2014-07-17 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'vampfever' date='Jul 18th 2014, 12:02 AM'

Hi guys, I just got home a few minutes ago. I'm going to write a more in depth recap tomorrow, but I just wanted to say that the whole thing was surreal, a blur that just flew by. As I walked in to MSG, I passed the merchandise and started going up the hall to the auditorium with my friend. She is a Queen fan, likes Adam but does not keep up like me. She had not seen any of the streams. Anyway, as I made my way through the halls, I became overwhelmed with emotion, and just started crying. It was Madison Square Garden and our boy was singing before a sold out crowd! I had to stop and calm myself down. I do not cry easily, but it just hit me.

I sat next to another Adam fan, that had her phone out the entire show, recording vids and taking pictures.

Let me tell you about security at MSG NYC>. A guard came up and took her phone away, went all the way up to the front of the stage and took pictures of Adam and the band for her and brought it back to her. :) Then the guards danced and watched the rest of the show. One kept saying, "Hey...that guy can saang!" and "Hey, I know this song....I know this song too!"

There were rumors flying that the president was there...I don't know I didn't see him. There was a big vip section of empty seats that filled up with a group of people and some guys in suits. The crowd applauded when they came in, but I don't know who it was.

This is getting longer than I intended....

To cut it short, by the time we left, my friend was crying....sh was so touched by the whole show.

More tomorrow.

Edit: Meant to add that I've also go pics and possibly some videos ;)
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'adamazing' date='Jul 18th 2014, 12:13 AM'

Thanks for sharing - I was crying when Brian was crying watching from the stream.....and I also don't cry easily. I would have been a mess if I had been there in person. So happy for you that you got to go! <3
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'grammamia' date='Jul 18th 2014, 12:37 AM'

Retweeted by Artistsupporter
Linderella ;)‏@ScorpioBert·7m
RT @AdamLambertVids: Madison Square Garden - NYC: Our "Killer Queen" from Queen + Adam Lambert Concert in 1080 HD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFfFYa9fpEA...eature=youtu.be

Retweeted by Nasus
Clickmusic‏@clickmusic·8 hrs
Hang on a minute... @DrBrianMay is a tease. @QueenWillRock and @AdamLambert might be coming to Europe after all. http://www.clickmusic.com/news/article/bri...y-coming-europe

TALCvids‏@TALCvids·22 mins

We have vids & pix from MSG, but tonight we are celebrating the magnificence of Queen + Adam Lambert's epic performance. Work/travel 2moro

Retweeted by Netmeg99❤️
Lilybop‏@lilybop2010·26 mins View translation
Leila Lambert #MomBert and @Cathysidol enhanced http://lilybop.smugmug.com/Other-31/MSG/i-...%20enhanced.jpg

Marsha ‏@vistadiva·30 mins
It was everything we hoped and knew it would be. And then some! Thank you MSG. And thank you @QueenWillRock and @adamlambert
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'grammamia' date='Jul 18th 2014, 12:37 AM'

Retweeted by Artistsupporter
Linderella ;)‏@ScorpioBert·7m
RT @AdamLambertVids: Madison Square Garden - NYC: Our "Killer Queen" from Queen + Adam Lambert Concert in 1080 HD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFfFYa9fpEA...eature=youtu.be

Retweeted by Nasus
Clickmusic‏@clickmusic·8 hrs
Hang on a minute... @DrBrianMay is a tease. @QueenWillRock and @AdamLambert might be coming to Europe after all. http://www.clickmusic.com/news/article/bri...y-coming-europe

TALCvids‏@TALCvids·22 mins

We have vids & pix from MSG, but tonight we are celebrating the magnificence of Queen + Adam Lambert's epic performance. Work/travel 2moro

Retweeted by Netmeg99❤️
Lilybop‏@lilybop2010·26 mins View translation
Leila Lambert #MomBert and @Cathysidol enhanced http://lilybop.smugmug.com/Other-31/MSG/i-...%20enhanced.jpg

Marsha ‏@vistadiva·30 mins
It was everything we hoped and knew it would be. And then some! Thank you MSG. And thank you @QueenWillRock and @adamlambert
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'grammamia' date='Jul 18th 2014, 12:59 AM'

ADAM LAMBERT‏@adamlambert·2m

Wow! Thank u NYC!!! We had a ball!

[b]Hoopla Magnet‏@hooplamagnet·13 mins

RT @AdamLambertVids Madison Square Garden - NYC: Our "Under Pressure" video from Queen + Adam Lambert in 1080 HD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NPSpIbP_lk …[/b]
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'Sarahx3' date='Jul 18th 2014, 1:05 AM'

I had so much fun!!! My hands are sore from clapping so hard and I think my voice will be struggling tomorrow, but sooooo worth it!! I hadn't watched too many tour videos so far so many of the performances were fresh to me and I think one of my top favorites was Radio Gaga. I love how perfectly in sync the crowd was, the clapping was on point and it seemed like every single person was into it. I love when Brian asked how everyone liked the "new guy" and he got amazing applause and a guy near me said "I have to say, he's killing it!", and walking on my way out a girl asked her friend what she thought and she said "it was a once in a lifetime experience", and I agree..I'm so thankful I got to go, I sang along to every song I knew and was just in a trance listening to songs that were new to me. Amaaaazzing! :w00tbounce:
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'vampfever' date='Jul 18th 2014, 1:18 AM'
I've uploaded some pictures here http://imgur.com/a/tYXz3
I have a video of Someone to Love that I will have ready tomorrow. :wave:
Going to be happy now. :sleep:

I like this one: Image

Supposed to be in bed now...

I cropped it and made it smaller. Sorry for stretching the page.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'infinite' date='Jul 18th 2014, 2:58 AM'

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

[quote]'infinite' date='Jul 18th 2014, 5:56 AM'

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'blancaflor' date='Jul 18th 2014, 8:21 AM'

When you see thousands of people on their feet, screaming and yelling for Queen and Adam Lambert with confetti raining down on them, that is what matters. What a few reporters think just doesn't seem to matter. Whether they get good or bad reviews, we all know that Queen and Adam Lambert KILLED it tonight. Have not read any reviews. These are just my thoughts.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'loveroftalent' date='Jul 18th 2014, 8:24 AM'

How can some reviews can be so positive and some so negative...I don't understand. And how can the negative ones not focus on Adam's amazing vocals...
I agree...
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'rustycat' date='Jul 18th 2014, 8:29 AM'

Obama was actually in NYC yesterday (I know because they closed down traffic on my street for a bit)...But I highly doubt he was at MSG -- I was there and heard no rumors about it....and you would know if the President was there due to heightened security.

Re: the reviews, as I wrote in another thread -- the NY reviews are pretty predictable. The Daily News loved it; Newsday liked it; the Times wrote a bad review -- but honestly I was expecting much worse from them....; the Post was the meanest, nastiest, worst review of the entire tour. But the Post is probably the meanest, nastiest, most personal-attacking newpaper in the country (I still love the Post tho -- its entertaining).

I had a BLAST at the show last night. Brought a friend who is a very very casual fan of Queen and Adam -- knows the big hits but not much else about either of them. I bring her to a lot of concerts and she said this was the best one I've ever taken her to. She went crazy over Adam -- just could stop saying how beautiful he was. The show is not perfect -- there are things to criticize -- having now seen it live I can see what some of the reviewers are talking about and agree. But at the end of the day it was a damn entertaining show, the crowd LOVED it, well worth every penny. People had a FUN time and were ENTERTAINED for 2 and a half hours. Adam looked amazing.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'Love2Lurk' date='Jul 18th 2014, 8:35 AM'

Thanks again to all for all the goodies.... :flowers:

I was away last eve....however, did get to watch the second half of the stream....

Adam sounded amazing....and the crowd sounded as though they were really into the performance......

The Times review :thumbsdown:

again....a reviewer who is more interested in his own music snobbery ...than the actual event :rolleyes:

IMO...He totally missed the point of the entire show ???
The Daily guy seems to be a little more receptive of the Queenbert experience......
Many stars don't even read the reviews ....I can see why :rolleyes:

The most important review is the fans anyway....and I would say.....

The fans are loving Queenbert...so happy & proud for them all :wub: :wub:

It is amazing to think.....our Adam killed it at MSG !!!!!

Mombert & Dadbert must be so happy & proud for him as well !!! :wub: :thumbs:
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'rustycat' date='Jul 18th 2014, 8:36 AM'

Because not everyone is gonna like everything. And people view and hear and perceive things differently. The most interesting artists should elicit a range of opinions and responses.

On the vocals, some reviewers, especially pop and rock reviewers, don't care about the vocals

Where I was sitting last night at MSG there were definitely sound issues that were distracting from Adams voice -- tons of reverb and echo, and the chipmunk effect showed up from time to time. All of the bells and whistles of the sound systems effect people differently and so they hear things differently.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'Love2Lurk' date='Jul 18th 2014, 8:43 AM'

Glad you had a great time !!! Sounds like an amazing eve.....

I can see a few things that the reviewers are saying as well.....

However ....as Brian said somewhere...the point of this tour is.... it is a gift to the fans.....

The Queenbert mission of this tour was to give the fans what they love about each artist....

IMO....they succeeded ....ten fold !! :thumbs: :wub: Fans are leaving this show....loving it :wub: :thumbs:
Some reviewers are just missing that point :rolleyes:
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'vampfever' date='Jul 18th 2014, 10:47 AM'

So here is my longer recap.

I went with a friend of mine who is a longtime Queen fan, and an Adam fan. She is not involved with the fanships and doesn't follow either online.

When we first arrived in MSG and made our way through the halls of the auditorium, I suddenly became overwhelmed with emotion for our guy and Queen. Obviously, this was a very special night for the both of them and I was just so proud and happy for them. My friend giggled at me. She would regret that later.

You could see all the trucks parked out the windows and people kept stopping to take pictures with them. The merch lines were long and most people I saw were wearing the new Queen +AL shirts, people of all ages.

When we sat down, we spoke to a long time Queen fan who had become so obsessed with them as a teen she moved to England and went to all of their concerts that she could. This was during Freddie's days. She saw Adam with Queen in LA and said that she just loved him. He was respectful and not obtrusive, charming and of course had the crazy vocal abilities.

The lady next to me was an Adam fan. I don't know any Adam fans in real life, just you guys here.

In front of us was an Asian kid who was wearing a Q +AL t-shirt. When asked what shows he had seen, he pointed to the whole list on the back-- they were all from the previous tour...Kiev, Warclow, Moscow, the London shows...

Roy, my favorite Freddie impersonator was there. He's so awesome, he was milling around and chatting in his Freddie outfit near the thrust area.
Image (Not from last night)

My friend mentioned how diverse the crowd was. People of all ages.

We noticed a big empty section on the side and she mentioned it to me. I knew the arena was sold out and the show was about to start. Just then a group people, (Some men in suits and some others) came in and people applauded as they took their seats. Some people took pictures of them. I was on the opposite side, so I don't know who it was. A security guard approached the guards that were standing next to us and pointed. Someone said they thought he mentioned the president. That's how the rumor started. But, it's NYC, it could have been anybody.

The show started. Everyone was on their feet, and from where I was everyone stayed on their feet except some sat down during the long solos and quieter times. Of course, they all rose again whenever Adam would come out.

I'm not a real outgoing person, but I swear I got the urge to just run up and hug him :hug: . I've heard other people mention that urge...now I know what they mean :haha: He was cute and fierce and wondrous, full of charm with a smile that just makes your heart grow three sizes larger. His singing was beautiful, filled with power, soaring across every corner of that massive arena.

Pay no attention to the blockheads, people. He and the band were well loved in MSG and very much deserving of it.

Brian and Roger were doing their thing too, and you could tell they were savoring every moment of that place, feeling like rock gods again....as Brian put it.

Oh, and I just know for sure that there are about a dozen whales stuck up the Hudson river right now after being lured in by that titantic guitar solo.

Somewhere during Bohemian Rhapsody I heard something shatter. The icy coating of my friend had shattered and she was now bawling her eyes out. She would later say that it was one of the best concerts she had ever been to.

After it was all over, we made our way out of the building to the sounds of "awesome, ridiculous, soooo good." and went to a nearby drug store seeking a bottle of water for less than $5 ala MSG. A guy in line behind us was speaking to another gentleman.

"Were you at the concert tonight, too?"

"No, who was playing?"

"Queen and Adam Lambert"

"Queen?? Without Freddie Mercury?? No way."

"Yeah, the show was f*cking awesome (huge NY accent) and Lambert just blew the roof off the place."

"Really? Are they playing again tomorrow night??"

"Uh...yeah I think so..." (WRONG!!!)

"I guess I better find tickets."
I left smiling, barely able to hear, hands hurting from clapping and consoling my devastated friend who is now looking forward to Izod and Atlantic City.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'Love2Lurk' date='Jul 18th 2014, 11:12 AM'

Loved your recap vampfever :flowers:

I think your experience is much like all of ours....no matter which venue we see Queenbert in.....

Queenbert is a beautiful experience for all....

Glamberts....Queen purists.....Adam & Brian & Roger especially.....all are enjoying this show immensely :wub:

The cross generational love of Adam & Roger & Brian is a joy to watch......

It is Brian & Roger's last go around with their adoring fans.....

Adam has put his own music on hold....to be with Brian & Roger.....knowing the importance of this tour....

All of the fans appreciate this combo of talent.....that is what some reviewers are missing.... :wub:
Loved your friends reaction :hug:
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

'vampfever' date='Jul 18th 2014, 11:58 AM'

Review: Adam Lambert and Queen amaze at New York's Madison Square Garden
http://www.digitaljournal.com/a-and-e/musi.../article/390795

Return to “2014 QAL North America/Asia/Australia/New Zealand Tour”