***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I'm feeling kinda down about our Gabfest thread. I had really hoped that it would rekindle conversation like we used to have at IDF.

Today was a fun-filled day in Adam's Land and I tried to bring in a few tidbits to get conversation going (as did Hrithika), but no conversation ensued.

I'm at my wits' end to figure out how to spur back the excitement and fun we used to have.

If anyone has any idea on how to get us going, please chirp in!

::cryblownose::
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

For me it's a timezone issue...all the good stuff happens while I'm at work. By the time I get home at night, and look through the threads, everybody's gone ! ::crying::

I don't have the kind of job where I can be on the board during the day; I can peek in, but that's about it. I would say us West Coat peeps are in the minority here, maybe?

And by the time I look through the day's offerings, of which there are many, pages and pages of more info get added.

I was kind of hoping we could have this thread for more than just Adam stuff, would love for people to share everyday stuff, but maybe people prefer twitter?

Don't know, Marie....I think part of the problem may be that Adam is sooo busy, there is such a flood of incoming info that people get a little overwhelmed?

That's my 2 cents worth anyway ::cha_ching::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:21 pm wrote:For me it's a timezone issue...all the good stuff happens while I'm at work. By the time I get home at night, and look through the threads, everybody's gone ! ::crying::

I don't have the kind of job where I can be on the board during the day; I can peek in, but that's about it. I would say us West Coat peeps are in the minority here, maybe?

And by the time I look through the day's offerings, of which there are many, pages and pages of more info get added.

I was kind of hoping we could have this thread for more than just Adam stuff, would love for people to share everyday stuff, but maybe people prefer twitter?

Don't know, Marie....I think part of the problem may be that Adam is sooo busy, there is such a flood of incoming info that people get a little overwhelmed?

That's my 2 cents worth anyway ::cha_ching::
Thanks for answering me... I just don't know what else I can do to 'massage' conversation back... The time zone difference existed at IDF as well and yet we managed to have lively conversation throughout the day with different members at different times because of time zones.

And it is meant to talk about our 'days', babysitting woes, joys, non-Adam stuff as well as Adam stuff.

I just miss 'us', as we used to be. Of course, this board can be an informational one only but it saddens me if that is what it is destined to become...

Dunno... Maybe, I'm just having a sad day... ::crying::
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

madamimadam » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:11 pm wrote:I'm feeling kinda down about our Gabfest thread. I had really hoped that it would rekindle conversation like we used to have at IDF.

Today was a fun-filled day in Adam's Land and I tried to bring in a few tidbits to get conversation going (as did Hrithika), but no conversation ensued.

I'm at my wits' end to figure out how to spur back the excitement and fun we used to have.

If anyone has any idea on how to get us going, please chirp in!

::cryblownose::
I work for a C.P.A. firm and it is the last deadline to finish tax returns that were on extension. I'm just too busy with RL stuff to spend time posting.

Part of my problem is that there are just too many posts in the other threads to read and catch up on. It's time to go to bed before I finish reading them and come up with something worthwhile to post. I leave the ::spaz:: ::wootdance:: ::drool:: ::banana:: to the rest of you who are into that kind of stuff. I am just a little more reserved in my Adam flailing!

I read through most of the threads and am happy that Adam is getting so much recognition and busy promoting. Unfortunately, as of right now, we only have a few people tweeting about what happened today. I WANT VIDEOS!!! I want to hear more of Adam talking and singing before I can get excited!

Anyway, Adam looked very nice in that long black leather jacket with white pants but did he really need that many layers? I didn't care for the suite combination he had on today...the suite was OK...I just didn't care for the shirt he was wearing with it. I also am disappointed that he dyed his hair so dark again and he had too much oily looking product in his hair this evening. I think it makes him look older and for some reason, his skin looks worse in a lot of photos with the dark hair. I much prefer the Attitude cover with medium brown and highlights. That color just brightens his complexion and blends better with his natural colored facial hair.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

WOW

I would rather have no one posting here than to read about ripping the crap out of his skin, clothing choices and oily hair. Jeez ::no::
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Yeah im with above. No ones perfect. I dont care what his hair looks like, or his skin. Or what hes wearing, why would i, its not my hair, or my clothes, or my skin haha. I guess its just music, and voice im into. Is it really that deep? To be fair lack of activity maybe due to the times, some ppl may have outgrown stanning. I just quitely glanced always have lol.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Regarding the event threads, I noticed that the artwork for the radio shows is getting posted multiple times. This is a bit of overkill! I am also noticing some tweets in the radio show threads that are in the wrong thread. One thread had a 2 foot long post that was duplicated! Also, due to tweeters replying to stuff from previous days, that is creating more duplication of information and making it very time consuming to find something new and worth reading.

Marie, I know that you don't care to spend time reading everything you bring in from the news thread however, all the rest of us are having to read the stuff before we can determine if it is worth talking about. Somehow, the data in those threads needs to be de-cluttered to avoid information overload!

When a radio station tweets out that in 1 hour there will be a contest to win tickets, it doesn't do us much good to find out about it 8 hours later when you post it from your news thread! One link in the OP to the sponsoring radio station might be helpful if there is a daily contest.

We just need to find a way to condense the information in the individual event threads, at least until we reach the day of the event. There are so many of them it is just taking too long to click on and read them all. Perhaps just collect and post the most important information and links in the OP and be a little more selective in posting all the individual tweets.

I hope some of this might help to make improvements and keep the discussion going.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Sorry guys, I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. I just wasn't having a great week and wasn't thrilled about Adam's hairstyle and outfit today and the fact that I couldn't flail over just seeing pictures of Adam. I want to hear him talk and sing!

Am I not entitled to airing my displeasure a little bit like a few times in 6 years? ::wacko::

Marie was wondering why we weren't having much of a discussion so I was just sharing where my mind was at!

Additionally, I didn't criticise anyone on this forum. I pointed out several things that I liked and was happy about regarding Adam. I don't think my dislikes were all that out of line....I was just not thrilled about today's fashion look. Adam is into fashion so it shouldn't be a problem if I want to express a slightly negative review of it!
sandra

Post by sandra »

3ku1 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:38 am wrote:Yeah im with above. To be fair lack of activity maybe due to the times, some ppl may have outgrown stanning. I just quitely glanced always have lol.
This.
Adam is no longer a dark horse that needs defending and his success is no longer in question, so for many fans, the urgency of posting may be diminished.

Like someone else posted above, I'd thought the Gabfest was for general posts about Adam, and This and That was for off-topic posts.

Are there many fans here who know the vids well enough to recommend the 'best' ones to see? Some fans may not have time to watch all the vids and I'd love to read about which ones are most worthwhile.
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Adam did really looked great in this interview in Brazil
and thanks ::flowers:: to Scorpiobert for this great quality video hope you enjoys it for breakfast so you get eye candy and s.thing in your tummys ::hello::

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

Adding my two cents.... ::tomato::

I was happy as you added the "Gabfest" thread because I missed the conversation too.
And there was conversation, but IMHO we are dumping to much information/tweets/pictures in this thread.
Don't get me wrong of course we should post these things but I think it's better if we post only things we want to talk about and other things in the specific threads. Because too much information in here slows the conversation down.
In addition to that ....real life and baby stuff is keeping me busy at the moment and the timezone is a issue for me too.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

OK.... NEW APPROACH....

Hrithika and I won't post stuff in here that can be posted in individual threads.

However, everyone else is free to bring in something from any thread that they want to talk about... but then TALK about it!!!!

I have to give some more thoughts to the 'uncluttering' issue... I'll get back to you guys on that one.

And yes, this thread was meant to replace (and improve upon) the This and That thread. So post anything you want in here... not necessarily Adam's stuff only...

Again, I'd like to mention that denigrating posts about someone else's post are NOT helpful. If you don't like a particular post scroll on by. Nothing will curb conversation more than the fear of being put down for posting something less than glowing about anything to do with Adam.

Unless we're being trolled, members who obviously adore Adam may have opinions from time to time that express something they don't like about Adam. All posts don't need to be glitter-filled.
"It is what it is!"
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Love this picture. As someone who was a fan of Culture Club, their mutual admiration for each other never gets old...

Boy George ‏@BoyGeorge 1h1 hour ago Dundee, Scotland
Lovely to see @adamlambert last night. Don't mention 'shoe-gate! We were both in @WorldMcQueen brothel creepers! Love the swagger on stage!
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

Totally OOT....
11139967_10152995226570741_4003220323826839071_n.jpg
If someone has a problem with this topic I can delete my post.
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

bebeg » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:51 pm wrote:Image

Love this picture. As someone who was a fan of Culture Club, their mutual admiration for each other never gets old...

Boy George ‏@BoyGeorge 1h1 hour ago Dundee, Scotland
Lovely to see @adamlambert last night. Don't mention 'shoe-gate! We were both in @WorldMcQueen brothel creepers! Love the swagger on stage!
I love Boy George. ::yes::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

infinite » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:52 am wrote:Totally OOT....
11139967_10152995226570741_4003220323826839071_n.jpg
If someone has a problem with this topic I can delete my post.
AWWWW! No... please don't delete. I will be lighting a candle at 7:00 p.m.
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I saw an interview with Boy George a while ago (I think the interview was a few years old) and he is so savvy and intelligent. He's all grown up now. ::yes::
"It is what it is!"
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

madamimadam » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:57 pm wrote:I saw an interview with Boy George a while ago (I think the interview was a few years old) and he is so savvy and intelligent. He's all grown up now. ::yes::
I think I saw that too... ::yes:: Adam and Boy George are very much alike in so many things.
svca

Post by svca »

infinite » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:13 am wrote:Adding my two cents.... ::tomato::

I was happy as you added the "Gabfest" thread because I missed the conversation too.
And there was conversation, but IMHO we are dumping to much information/tweets/pictures in this thread.
Don't get me wrong of course we should post these things but I think it's better if we post only things we want to talk about and other things in the specific threads. Because too much information in here slows the conversation down.
In addition to that ....real life and baby stuff is keeping me busy at the moment and the timezone is a issue for me too.
Sneaking in here before work to agree with Infinite...

And to give her hugs for the baby news!!!! Yayyyyyyy! Congrats, and how exciting ::flowers:: ::flowers::

Return to “Let's Talk!”