***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
svca

Home of the "This and That" news/info/etc.

Post by svca »

So sorry to hear about your Mom, Marie....she sounds like quite the character.

I can see where you got it from ::icant::

Thinking of you, love you ::huggy:: ::huggy::
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

Bravo, Marie. Really. What a wonderful ending for her! May we all be so fortunate ::derrderr:: ::heart:: ::heart::
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

Very sorry for your loss Marie. ::heart::
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

madamimadam » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:33 pm wrote:GOT A CALL THAT MY MOM PASSED AWAY ABOUT AN HOUR AGO AND TRYING TO DEAL WITH ARRANGEMENTS. SHE WENT PEACEFULLY AT 98!!!!

SHE HAD HER BATH, COMPLAINED SHE WAS COLD, THEY PUT A SWEATER ON HER AND A BLANKET, SAT HER IN HER CHAIR, CAME BACK 2 MINUTES LATER TO SEE IF SHE WAS WARM ENOUGH AND SHE WAS GONE... SHE WENT PEACEFULLY BUT MANAGED TO BITCH AT THEM TILL THE BITTER END. I LOVE HER SO MUCH! ::haha::

HONESTLY, I COULDN'T HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER END FOR HER. SHE'S UP WITH MY DAD NOW AND THEY'RE PROBABLY FIGHTING! RIGHT ABOUT NOW, MY DAD IS PROBABLY CURSING SHE CAME TO HIM SO QUICKLY! LOL! HONEST, GUYS. I'M FINE! ::crylaugh::
Losing your mom is an incisive moment in everyones life but you and your mom are blessed that she had such a long life and was able to go peacefully and without pain.

Wishing you love and light!
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

madamimadam » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:33 pm wrote:GOT A CALL THAT MY MOM PASSED AWAY ABOUT AN HOUR AGO AND TRYING TO DEAL WITH ARRANGEMENTS. SHE WENT PEACEFULLY AT 98!!!!

SHE HAD HER BATH, COMPLAINED SHE WAS COLD, THEY PUT A SWEATER ON HER AND A BLANKET, SAT HER IN HER CHAIR, CAME BACK 2 MINUTES LATER TO SEE IF SHE WAS WARM ENOUGH AND SHE WAS GONE... SHE WENT PEACEFULLY BUT MANAGED TO BITCH AT THEM TILL THE BITTER END. I LOVE HER SO MUCH! ::haha::

HONESTLY, I COULDN'T HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER END FOR HER. SHE'S UP WITH MY DAD NOW AND THEY'RE PROBABLY FIGHTING! RIGHT ABOUT NOW, MY DAD IS PROBABLY CURSING SHE CAME TO HIM SO QUICKLY! LOL! HONEST, GUYS. I'M FINE! ::crylaugh::
I'm sorry for your loss. ::huggy::
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Marie .... So very sorry for your loss ::wub::

It is so hard to say good by to our parents ::wub::

Sending peace & love to you & your family ::wub::

Take care of yourself during this time .... Settling everything can be overwhelming ::wub::

I have been away with RL stuff & am just catching up .....

RIP to you Mother ::wub::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
adamazing

Post by adamazing »

Sorry to hear about your mom. Glad to hear it was such a peaceful passing.

Sending love, light and healing prayers to you! ::heart:: ::flowers::
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/rlitzau/signature2.jpg[/img]
Sagittarius

Post by Sagittarius »

Marie... tears of sympathy for you .

So many friends to send you love and strength...

::huggy:: cm
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

This really is "this and that". Just got 4th row center seats to see/hear David Cook at the little old Newton Theatre (NJ) just 15 minutes from home on November 8. $39.00 each - seats in the balcony are listed at $24.00.
Paula

Post by Paula »

donnamb » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:10 pm wrote:This really is "this and that". Just got 4th row center seats to see/hear David Cook at the little old Newton Theatre (NJ) just 15 minutes from home on November 8. $39.00 each - seats in the balcony are listed at $24.00.
He's worth it. I saw him almost 6 years ago now at the Colosseum here in Windsor, ON. We were up in the balcony, but we were the loudest. David kept saying. "I want to come and party with you guys in the balcony!" He was true to his word - during one of his songs, he came up to the balcony and serenaded us. His shows are AMAZING!
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

I don't know how big the Colloseum is, but Newton Theatre is tiny - only about 1000 seats. We just got back from seeing Gordon Lightfoot there tonight. And I know, he's old (76) and so thin he could pass for the Cryptkeeper, or at least give Steve Howe from Yes a run for the money or the title, but he sounded good. (And his tickets were $67.00).

David wouldn't have far to go to get to the balcony. There were supposed to have been some limited meet/greets, but they must have sold out before the ticket sales were opened to the public.
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

donnamb » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:10 pm wrote:This really is "this and that". Just got 4th row center seats to see/hear David Cook at the little old Newton Theatre (NJ) just 15 minutes from home on November 8. $39.00 each - seats in the balcony are listed at $24.00.
You'll have a great time. He has the nicest voice. I saw him once here at the Troubador. It's small. He is pretty unkempt these days. No more AI makeover. ::haha:: ::crylaugh:: ::haha::
Paula

Post by Paula »

donnamb » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:32 pm wrote:I don't know how big the Colloseum is, but Newton Theatre is tiny - only about 1000 seats. We just got back from seeing Gordon Lightfoot there tonight. And I know, he's old (76) and so thin he could pass for the Cryptkeeper, or at least give Steve Howe from Yes a run for the money or the title, but he sounded good. (And his tickets were $67.00).

David wouldn't have far to go to get to the balcony. There were supposed to have been some limited meet/greets, but they must have sold out before the ticket sales were opened to the public.
Windsor's Colosseum seats about 5,000, and there's not one bad seat in the place. You're going to have a great time! ::thumbsup::
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Raleighfan

Post by Raleighfan »

madamimadam » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:33 pm wrote:GOT A CALL THAT MY MOM PASSED AWAY ABOUT AN HOUR AGO AND TRYING TO DEAL WITH ARRANGEMENTS. SHE WENT PEACEFULLY AT 98!!!!

So sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and your family. ::huggy::
svca

Post by svca »

How are you doing, Marie?? Did you find the paperwork you were looking for?

Thinking of you and sending out hugs ::huggy:: ::huggy:: ::wub::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:43 am wrote:How are you doing, Marie?? Did you find the paperwork you were looking for?

I'm really OK with Mom being in heaven "straightening it out", but I must say that all the paperwork, funeral arrangements, etc., have been emotionally draining!

I still have a load of stuff to take care of tomorrow. Commemorative mass will be August 19 (I hope). I think after that, I'll be back to being myself and not feeling so exhausted.

Thank you all for the kind words... They truly help and are much appreciated!!!

::huggy::
"It is what it is!"
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Kelly does a different cover each night of her tour (by request of her fans) and she is always great. But this just may be my favorite....so far. Girl can sing!!!

svca

Post by svca »

She did pretty good...she has a good voice, but man, she needs more breath control....she's sooo gaspy. ::tomato:: ::tomato::

Sorry, so is Adele, can't listen to either one for any length of time.

But she has a good voice...she did a great duet with Josh Groban on his new CD, my sis let me listen to it....can't remember now what the song was lol.
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

madamimadam » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:05 am wrote:
svca » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:43 am wrote:How are you doing, Marie?? Did you find the paperwork you were looking for?

I'm really OK with Mom being in heaven "straightening it out", but I must say that all the paperwork, funeral arrangements, etc., have been emotionally draining!

I still have a load of stuff to take care of tomorrow. Commemorative mass will be August 19 (I hope). I think after that, I'll be back to being myself and not feeling so exhausted.

Thank you all for the kind words... They truly help and are much appreciated!!!

::huggy::
There's something about a parent's death that is so exhausting. More than just the number of things that have to be taken care of. I don't know what it is. I was never so tired as when each of my parents died. It's like your body shuts down or something. Positively primitive. REST ::yessss:: ::derrderr::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I posted this on twitter and wanted you guys to know how grateful I am for all your kind words as well... Sooooo...

mmadamimadamm 9m9 minutes ago
I WANT TO THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS BUT I'M BLESSED WITH TOO MANY MESSAGES...

"Please know that all your kind words were a great help!!!

My Mom was 98 years old and feisty to the very end.

Thursday morning, she had breakfast (because you always need to eat before going on a trip!), then had her bath an hour later. When she got out of the bath, she complained that she was cold and gave the nurses shit for not having her sweater handy. LOL! They got her back to her room, put her sweater on, installed comfortably in her chair and put a blanket over her.

Whenever an elderly person complains of being cold, nurses are trained to always take their blood pressure. The nurse left her to go get the blood pressure machine (50 feet away from her room) and returned within minutes and she was gone.

Her morning was perfectly normal and she passed away within minutes... after a good breakfast, a bath and her vocal annoyance with the nurses. What a way to go!

My greatest fear was that she would at some point drop her blood pressure, an ambulance would be called, she would be rushed to the hospital where they would fill her with liquids to raise her blood pressure back up... A lot of chaos and drama... but that didn't happen.

I am at peace with her passing and the hardest, most emotional, part has been making all the arrangements. Most of it is done now and I have to let things run their course (waiting for certificate from the government, probating the Will, etc.).

She was an incredibly strong woman! I remember that when she went through menopause, she had a lot of nose bleeds. She would stick kleenex up her nose and get on her knees to scrub the floor or the bathtub or whatever else she felt just HAD to be done!

She was very regimented and I have her to thank for my organizational skills... "Everything has a place and there's a place for everything" was one of her favorite sayings!

Every Saturday from the time I was 6 years old, she would have me pull my bed away from the wall and pass a wet cloth along all the baseboards and vacuum my room. She would legitimately go behind me and run her finger along the baseboards to make sure I did a good job!

So I can see her in heaven now, checking out the corners to make sure the angels did a good job and crooking her finger at one of them and pointing disapprovingly at any corner that didn't pass muster!

She has also probably fired the cook by now... coz you just DON'T serve meat without an appropriate sauce (preferably cream- or wine-based) or vegetables that are simply boiled. They MUST be sauteed in butter and onions before they are edible!!!

As far as my Dad goes, he's probably really sorry she got up to heaven this fast! He passed away 23 years ago and now he has my Mom bossing him around again! Think "The Honeymooners"! ROFLMAO!

She had an amazing life. My Dad absolutely adored her (sickeningly so, sometimes - especially if "I" was mad at her! LOL). My parents adopted me when I was 3 1/2 years old and I was the apple of their eyes. I had the most incredible childhood thanks to both of them! I was truly blessed!

Now they are both young and beautiful and carefree!
"

I asked for help on my twitter feed to get a crop of this picture for the funeral home to use in the Death Announcement... The girl who did it even gave her back her beautiful blue eyes!!!!
2015-08-10 053.jpg
Maman3.jpg
"It is what it is!"

Return to “Let's Talk!”