Competition TV Shows - AI, The Voice, XFactor, etc.

Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

I watched a little this year....so I thought I would tune in last eve....

And....yes.....that was a very awkward ending for Jax.........

So...they don't let them ....sing off.....as they use too .....????

I am also hoping for a few past Idols in the audience this evening too......especially Adam [Love.png]

also....I have a question........???? [think.gif]

Has there ever been a list of top over all ...vote getters....

You know....a list of the top contestants by their total votes.....

I would think Adam would be very close to the top.....

As an example.....Taylor Hicks won his year...however...did Adam actually have more votes than he did ....during his year ????

Just wondering [0062.gif] [wink.gif]
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
misswood

Post by misswood »

I figured it would come down to Clark and Comb-over [lazy2.gif] , and for a special treat, Idol is giving us chris brown and $hitbull [puke.gif] .....This will be a great night for a movie rental.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

bebeg wrote:Well this season sure didn't end the way it started. There was so much potential for a season finale of unique and instead we get two talented guys who aren't that unique. Oh well..it was still one of the most entertaining and talent filled seasons in a very long time.

Hoping for a Nick win. But mostly hoping for a fun and entertaining results show tonight. Can't wait to see who all the special guests will be and what duets will happen.

I was actually shocked last night with how it went down. [thumbdown.gif] I figured Nick would be in the finale as he is mainstream, but for Jax to be voted out was unbelievable. All I could think of, was it's a good thing Idol is ending. Was there too much pimping of Jax, probably. Fan's probably think, she'll do better without the win and that is probably true too. I cannot imagine her not being signed by either Scott Borchetta's record label or some other label. The way that they did it this year was to me very cruel. Why couldn't they have let them all sing one song and then do the elimation. They then could have gone on with the two finalists for their winning songs. [sad.gif]

Nick's song was well suited for him, and he did a great job with it. I'm rooting for him, and looking forward to the fun and entertaining results too. [smile.gif]
Adora

Post by Adora »

Well, I'm very frustrated with the whole AI set up this year. Very sloppy job producers! No clear rules - it seems they made/change them as they went along and usually at the last moment. Some things looked like outright sabotage of the show. For example, why they changed the original introductory Idol music? And why they have "V" in the beginning? So we get confused to what we are watching?

Some eliminated contestants were given the opportunity to sing the last song, others - just sat on stage and then went home. The whole sitting on stage was a bad idea IMO for many reasons. And Jax -and I'm not a big fan of hers - but she was the third for god's sake! And she deserved better treatment! It looked that even though Clark and Nick were moving forward, even they were kind of put off by the way it happened. Awkward, cruel and embarrassing.

The whole yesterday night felt rushed and ...well SLOPPY! First two songs were OK but I think the two coronation songs Clark and Nick performed were absolutely atrocious and made No Boundaries look like masterpiece, but that's a matter of opinion of course.

And their guest performers? There were some good ones like Kelly Clarkson but most seemed just....random. And for the finale the list doesn't look interesting or current. Ricky Martin? Seriously? What he has to do with Idol anyway? And no alumni Idols???? And this is when Adam does have a single out???? Very, VERY disappointed. [thumbdown.gif]
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

American Idol' Finalist Jax on Her Elimination: 'It's a Bummer, I Was So Close'

Jax is a real sweetheart and handles her elimination with class. [thumbsup.gif]

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... mmer-i-was
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Tiki wrote:
bebeg wrote:Well this season sure didn't end the way it started. There was so much potential for a season finale of unique and instead we get two talented guys who aren't that unique. Oh well..it was still one of the most entertaining and talent filled seasons in a very long time.

Hoping for a Nick win. But mostly hoping for a fun and entertaining results show tonight. Can't wait to see who all the special guests will be and what duets will happen.

I was actually shocked last night with how it went down. [thumbdown.gif] I figured Nick would be in the finale as he is mainstream, but for Jax to be voted out was unbelievable. All I could think of, was it's a good thing Idol is ending. Was there too much pimping of Jax, probably. Fan's probably think, she'll do better without the win and that is probably true too. I cannot imagine her not being signed by either Scott Borchetta's record label or some other label. The way that they did it this year was to me very cruel. Why couldn't they have let them all sing one song and then do the elimation. They then could have gone on with the two finalists for their winning songs. [sad.gif]

Nick's song was well suited for him, and he did a great job with it. I'm rooting for him, and looking forward to the fun and entertaining results too. [smile.gif]
I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out why people vote the way they do. I also have never really cared about the outcome - just enjoy the show for what it is - a chance to hear some music and hopefully be entertained. If I find a new artist to enjoy...yay!!

I agree that they way it played out last night was strange. But, I expected it to go down that way. There was no way three people were going to sing in an hour's time. The opening was just very uncomfortable...for everybody.

However, I applaud the producers for trying new stuff this season. Some of it worked, some of it didn't. And I still believe it was one of the most talented seasons ever with a really diverse group of artists. I was actually impressed with the voters for putting through artists like Jax and Quentin and Joey and Quassim. Can't wait to see what those four in particular do on tonight's show.
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

Wimpy White Dudes With Guitars Ruined Al"....

Then there was Adam Lambert, the outré caterwauler whose reinventions of Johnny Cash and Led Zeppelin grabbed headlines, and who was clearly the best performer overall.........
Lambert was the guy to make the cover of Rolling Stone post-finale, because he seemed like a rock star, like the apotheosis of the Idol dream: He went from dude with emo hair to soul singer with a political edge over the course of his season, stopping along the way to give EDM DJs sampling ideas. Allen and Lambert are both still making music, of course, but you can probably guess which one is working with Queen and Max Martin.

Watching Idol flail toward relevance in the post-Lambert years was painful at times, like being trapped inside the sad middle part of a Behind the Music episode with no comeback arc in sight.
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/wimpy- ... obharvilla
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

It's official...Jax was robbed!

Her duet with Steven T was amazing...even tho he hardly let her sing. Looked like maybe her mic wasn't working? She is going to be a star, tho'.

Side note: Adam, can she open for you on TOH Tour??
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

vistadiva wrote:It's official...Jax was robbed!

Her duet with Steven T was amazing...even tho he hardly let her sing. Looked like maybe her mic wasn't working? She is going to be a star, tho'.

I agree - she was alive and in charge. The finalists were in sing-alongs.
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

vistadiva wrote:It's official...Jax was robbed!

I wish they had done a different song. One that would have given her more of a chance to sing. But, she owned the moment.

All in all, it's been a pretty entertaining evening.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Again....I have not followed to closely this year.....

However....I felt Jax should have been treated better last eve...

and....She should have gotten more....singing time tonight [icon_mad.gif]

Glad that Nick won....never heard of who was singing with him tonight ...tho [oops.gif]

also...AI is all about Adam for me.....so....I was sorry he did not get to perform his new single this year [0035.gif]
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
Adora

Post by Adora »

Love2Lurk wrote:Again....I have not followed to closely this year.....

However....I felt Jax should have been treated better last eve...

and....She should have gotten more....singing time tonight [icon_mad.gif]

Glad that Nock won....never heard of who was singing with him tonight ...tho [oops.gif]

[yes.gif]

Totally agree with you and I also have no idea who sang with Nick even though songs sounded familiar...well, I only started getting to know some pop stars because of Adam...
Paula

Post by Paula »

I'm bummed. I really wanted to see Clark take it. [0132.gif]

I did enjoy Rayvon with Jamie Foxx, though. AMAZING. I also enjoyed Seavey with NKOTB, believe it or not. But that's probably because I'm a big NKOTB fan from back in the day. [0144.gif]
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

American Idol

_Stellina_22 · 23h 23 hours ago
American Idol: la Fox cancella il talent show http://go.shr.lc/1JaCZBy "star internazionali del calibro di Adam Lambert..." @daringtodo

mmadamimadamm · 16h 16 hours ago
9 Highest Earning ‘Al’ Alumni (Photos) https://shar.es/1rg1WS via @TheWrap
PIC 8 Adam Lambert - $2.5 million in 2014 according to Forbes

anon · 14h 14 hours ago
'American Idol' Finale Ratings: See the Up-Down Journey Over 13 Seasons http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... gs-graphic … przez @billboard

4whombelltollz · 11h 11 hours ago
@Jax some of the most memorable contestants didn't win idol like @adamlambert , You are an artist and your future is bright

LibraLaurie · 5h 5 hours ago
Adam Lambert Says He Would not be Where He is Now if Not for the Great Run of ‘American Idol!’ http://masterherald.com/adam-lambert-sa ... dol/16677/

MySunnyRadio · 5h 5 hours ago
.@AmericanIdol is cancelled - http://bit.ly/1bKL0Q0 Who was your favorite #AmericanIdol winner? @adamlambert

LibraLaurie · 40m 40 minutes ago
6 Clockwork Comedy performers on best, worst things about American Idol' getting cancelled http://s.al.com/08Fh3SW via @aldotcom ADAM LAMBERT

American Idol

MichaelSlezakTV · 8h 8 hours ago
@Jax Never lose perspective — and remember that ultimately, #Idol was just a step (albeit a huge one) on the larger journey!

mdoolittle · 8h 8 hours ago
@Jax You got this, girl! #3 ROCKS! ;-)

CelebTidBits · 8h 8 hours ago
#AmericanIdol was doomed ever since #AdamLambert came in second place in #Season8 #cancelled #glamberts #rockstar

MerinoViviana · 7h 7 hours ago
Great pic edit regarding Adam Lambert and American Idol :o

LibraLaurie · 7h 7 hours ago
Both of Adam Lambert's albums, the Grammy-nominated For Your Entertainment and Trespassing... http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/p ... e_button_d

_AOStarlighter_ · 7h 7 hours ago
Adam Lambert Says He Would not be Where He is Now if Not for the Great Run of ‘American Idol!’ http://masterherald.com/adam-lambert-sa ... dol/16677/

LibraLaurie · 6h 6 hours ago
American Idol: The 35 Best Performances Ever http://tvline.com/gallery/american-idol ... a-candice/ … via @TVLine ADAM LAMBERT #3

StarchildAL · 4h 4 hours ago
Wimpy White Dudes With Guitars Ruined American Idol
Adam mention
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/wimpy- ... obharvilla

LibraLaurie · 4h 4 hours ago
'American Idol' Fan Names Ranked, From Glamberts to Claymates http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... fan-armies … via @billboard

ShonfidentInJax · 3h 3 hours ago
I've never seen a guest performer stand back and share the stage at 1 of these shows better than Adam Lambert w/ Angie.Janelle can take tips

VeroniqueORCEL · 3h 3 hours ago
"qui a révélé entre autres Kelly Clarkson et Adam Lambert"
Une derniere saison pour American Idol: http://www.tvqc.com/2015/05/une-dernier ... ican-idol/ … via @tvqc

ALambertFrance · 3h 3 hours ago
"American Idol': qui sont les gagnants qui ont fait carrière?
http://tvmag.lefigaro.fr/le-scan-tele/e ... rriere.php … via @le_scan_tele @Le_Figaro

ALambertFrance · 3h 3 hours ago
"que retenir de cette émission culte? Pas gd-chose en France(...)
Qq exemples néanmoins(...)Adam Lambert" http://www.rtl.fr/culture/web-high-tech ... 7778316599 … @RTLFrance

LibraLaurie · 1h 1 hour ago
Steven Ivory: Why ‘American Idol’ Mattered http://po.st/Ob94zX via @eurweb ADAM LAMBERT MENTION

Q102Philly · 1h 1 hour ago
Can I be honest, @AmericanIdol was never the same after @adamlambert. @NicoleisNik

MixPhiladelphia · 1h 1 hour ago
Can I be honest, @AmericanIdol was never the same after @adamlambert. @NicoleisNik

LibraLaurie · 30m 30 minutes ago
American Idol chooses its XIV winner http://blog.chron.com/tubular/2015/05/a ... iv-winner/ … ADAM LAMBERT MENTION
"It is what it is!"
sueb1863

Post by sueb1863 »

I think for the last season of Idol they should do like they did in the second Hunger Games movie and have all the past winners come back and slug it out for the ultimate Idol title! That'd be pretty epic...
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

sueb1863 wrote:I think for the last season of Idol they should do like they did in the second Hunger Games movie and have all the past winners come back and slug it out for the ultimate Idol title! That'd be pretty epic...
Bit biast but Adam Lambert would clean up haha. But yeah that would be an interesting concept.
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Paula wrote:I'm bummed. I really wanted to see Clark take it. [0132.gif]

I did enjoy Rayvon with Jamie Foxx, though. AMAZING. I also enjoyed Seavey with NKOTB, believe it or not. But that's probably because I'm a big NKOTB fan from back in the day. [0144.gif]
The Rayvon/Jamie performance was definitely one of the best of the night. It's a beautiful song. I also enjoyed Nile with the girls, Rickey with the guys, Quentin/Vance Joy, Jax/Steven, Nick/Andy Grammer. NKOTB with Daniel....Daniel, once again, looked so out of place but for some reason it was actually fun. Maybe it's the fact that all five guys are old enough to be his father. [icon_lol.gif]

I also really enjoyed the Jennifer/Harry/Keith performance.

It was a fun, entertaining night!
Paula

Post by Paula »

3ku1 wrote:
sueb1863 wrote:I think for the last season of Idol they should do like they did in the second Hunger Games movie and have all the past winners come back and slug it out for the ultimate Idol title! That'd be pretty epic...
Bit biast but Adam Lambert would clean up haha. But yeah that would be an interesting concept.
Adam didn't win, so therefore, would not be included in that.
Paula

Post by Paula »

bebeg wrote:

The Rayvon/Jamie performance was definitely one of the best of the night. It's a beautiful song. I also enjoyed Nile with the girls, Rickey with the guys, Quentin/Vance Joy, Jax/Steven, Nick/Andy Grammer. NKOTB with Daniel....Daniel, once again, looked so out of place but for some reason it was actually fun. Maybe it's the fact that all five guys are old enough to be his father. [icon_lol.gif]

It really was. I could have done without all of the Pitbull, though. And Chris Brown. UGH.
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Paula wrote:
bebeg wrote:

It really was. I could have done without all of the Pitbull, though. And Chris Brown. UGH.
Pitbull doesn't bother me. He seems like a pretty nice guy. Chris, on the other hand...I just don't understand why. Why does he get asked to perform on all of these shows. Why does the industry continue to support him. If he had turned his life around then I would understand but he continues to get himself in some kind of trouble. Yet he keeps showing up on these shows. Why!?!?!
Moved from Let's Talk! to The Lesser Used Threads on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:38 am by madamimadam

Return to “The Lesser Used Threads”