***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Home of the "This and That" news/info/etc.

Post by madamimadam »

Tiki wrote:This is just a heads up for anyone still using Hola. I found this when I wanted to add the extension to Chrome on my new 8.1 mini desktop computer. Chrome no longer supports it and has deleted it from the Web Store.

The free version of Hola has been selling our unused bandwidth and even though you are not visiting a web site it someone else is with your IP address. [icon_mad.gif] The link is only 1 of many and you should read it as it explains more than what I am saying. [smile.gif]
http://www.cnet.com/news/security-resea ... re-botnet/

I now have a new VPN service which I paying $4.00 a month for, but it is secure and the help is great. It only took me 3 days of researching, but today I checked out the VPN services from PC magazine and the one I chose has a server in South America. Maybe didn't need it, but planning ahead for the QAL Rio concert.
[icon_lol.gif]

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2403388,00.asp

There are lots more out there, but it's your choice who you want. Just make sure if you only want a free one that it is secure. When researching, I have found most of them aren't, or very limited, so be careful. [smile.gif]
Thanks for the info!!! I couldn't figure out why my Hola, although it appeared to work, wasn't doing zilch for me anymore!!!!

The things you learn!!!!

[friends.gif]
"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam wrote:
Tiki wrote:This is just a heads up for anyone still using Hola. I found this when I wanted to add the extension to Chrome on my new 8.1 mini desktop computer. Chrome no longer supports it and has deleted it from the Web Store.

The free version of Hola has been selling our unused bandwidth and even though you are not visiting a web site it someone else is with your IP address. [icon_mad.gif] The link is only 1 of many and you should read it as it explains more than what I am saying. [smile.gif]
http://www.cnet.com/news/security-resea ... re-botnet/

I now have a new VPN service which I paying $4.00 a month for, but it is secure and the help is great. It only took me 3 days of researching, but today I checked out the VPN services from PC magazine and the one I chose has a server in South America. Maybe didn't need it, but planning ahead for the QAL Rio concert.
[icon_lol.gif]

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2403388,00.asp

There are lots more out there, but it's your choice who you want. Just make sure if you only want a free one that it is secure. When researching, I have found most of them aren't, or very limited, so be careful. [smile.gif]
Thanks for the info!!! I couldn't figure out why my Hola, although it appeared to work, wasn't doing zilch for me anymore!!!!

The things you learn!!!!

[friends.gif]
Well....we can thank Adam for that! [0144.gif] I found my old desktop tower that was connected to the tv is no longer usuable when I checked it out the other day, so wanted one that was really small just so I could watch all Adam's shows in the UK coming up. If it hadn't been for that I wouldn't have known myself. [smile.gif]

This is my new desktop. It looks big in the picture but it is only 5"x5"x2"in depth.

And just for your info Marie my VPN server now is Nordvpn.com
The chat screen is in the right hand bottom corner when you need help and they
are great in helping with any questions or problems. [thumbsup.gif]

ETA....I forgot to add the PC price says $8.00 for 1 month, but if you go to Nordvpn.com and click on pricing that is where you can get the pricing for 1 month, 6 months or a year. The year was $4.00, 6 months is $5.00
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I went back to my good old Hot Spotshield... [yes.gif]
"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam wrote:I went back to my good old Hot Spotshield... [yes.gif]

I had that one a long time ago and had so much trouble with it, that I didn't want to try it again and after reading so much about VPN servers in the last couple of days, I decided it was probably better for me to pay for a secure one, since I watch a lot of shows from the UK.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

WOW! WOW! WOW! Check this out, guys... Lady Gaga sings La Vie en Rose!!!!

http://www.spin.com/2015/06/lady-gaga-l ... eek-video/
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

THIS AND THAT

TALCvids 34m34 minutes ago
Interesting read.TY for sharing. RT @VAlilac: Via @nprmusic: How Streaming Is Changing Music http://n.pr/1RDWsgB
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

THIS AND THAT

rabbittopia Jun 1
The Dark Science of Pop Music http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc ... ct/382237/ … really interesting read abt labels, shazam, how songs r pushed to radio, etc.

TrespassMyAss Jun 2 Edmonton, Alberta
SEASON 5 OF GLEE IS UP ON NETFLIX. IF ANYONE WANTS TO SEE ELLIOTT AGAIN.
"It is what it is!"
Sealuv

Post by Sealuv »

just a musing here..........post stuff and can't even find my posts cuz there is so much with Era3........think this is a very good sign for Mr. Lambert...... [thumbsup.gif] [yes2.gif]
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam wrote:WOW! WOW! WOW! Check this out, guys... Lady Gaga sings La Vie en Rose!!!!

http://www.spin.com/2015/06/lady-gaga-l ... eek-video/
Finally got to watch this and WOW is right! She did an incredible job and I am glad she did that song, because now those who say she can't sing will have to eat their words. Namely a few friends of mine that always argued with me that she couldn't sing. [0144.gif]

She showed how good her vocals were when she did a duet with Tony Bennett, but this one was not an easy song to sing, and her vocals suited it to a tee! [yes.gif]
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

They are great....

[youtube][/youtube]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

mmadamimadamm 52s53 seconds ago
mmadamimadamm retweeted Doris
Oh, how I wish that the adult world could learn from kids!!!!! mmadamimadamm added,
Doris @starr_d
They showed these kids current and past pictures of Caitlyn Jenner. Here's their reaction. #BeYou http://www.upworthy.com/they-showed-the ... g=2&c=ufb1
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Amphibious? He can pitch on land and under water? Impressive!!!!

::crylaugh::

Dee Mentidd @spreckles
Uh RT @dogstar7tweets: #Journalism #Education
#YoureDoingItWrong

"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

In other news, this morning at 6:00 a.m., we had an infestation of spammers... While I was banning them and deleting their darned threads, I deleted the Sea of Red thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

::argh:: ::argh:: ::argh::

Thankfully, everything had been transferred to the individual threads, except for all the fan pics at Capital and in Germany.

I am off to see my granddaughter's gymnastics competition, but when I get back, I'll start a fresh Sea of Red thread and do today's stuff.

Backups will commence tonight!!!!! ::livid::

Backups don't affect the board at all. It all takes place in the background.

Off to cheer my granddaughter on....

::clapbig::
"It is what it is!"
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

madamimadam » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:24 pm wrote:In other news, this morning at 6:00 a.m., we had an infestation of spammers... While I was banning them and deleting their darned threads, I deleted the Sea of Red thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

::argh:: ::argh:: ::argh::

Thankfully, everything had been transferred to the individual threads, except for all the fan pics at Capital and in Germany.

I am off to see my granddaughter's gymnastics competition, but when I get back, I'll start a fresh Sea of Red thread and do today's stuff.

Backups will commence tonight!!!!! ::livid::

Backups don't affect the board at all. It all takes place in the background.

Off to cheer my granddaughter on....

::clapbig::
It never rains...it just pours ::duh::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I'm home... Not feeling well... Took some pills... Going to bed.

I'll take care of the Sea of Red tomorrow.
"It is what it is!"
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

madamimadam » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:18 pm wrote:I'm home... Not feeling well... Took some pills... Going to bed.

Take care ::flowers:: Get loads of rest ::zzzzz:: ::zzzzz:: ::zzzzz::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
svca

Post by svca »

Hope you feel better, Marie ::flowers::
loxie

Post by loxie »

Take care of yourself, Marie! Being around grandkids can certainly put you in contact with all kinds of thingies floating around in school environments.

Sending hugs your way.
Raleighfan

Post by Raleighfan »

madamimadam » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:18 pm wrote:I'm home... Not feeling well... Took some pills... Going to bed.

Hope you feel better today. ::flowers::

My daughter just heard Ghost Town playing in Target! ::thumbsup::
svca

Post by svca »

Happy Father's Day....if there are any fathers on this board ::hello::

As I've mentioned before (I think) my daughter and son-in-law are currently living in Japan...she posted the sweetest message on facebook for Father's Day.

I met my husband when he had just turned 22 (he's 12 years younger than I am) and we got married 2-1/2 years later. My daughter was 9 and my son was not quite 7. He's basically the only father they've ever known, as theirs left when my son was only 9 months old and they want nothing to do with him. I'm in awe of my hubby, so young for a ready-made family, and yet such an exceptional dad. Kristina thanked him for helping her be who she is today, for being there every step of the way.

I made me cry and so very proud that he is my husband. We just celebrated our 19th anniversary last month.

Ladies, there are still a few good men out there....I snagged one of them ::wub:: ::wub::

Return to “Let's Talk!”