"The Original High" Album

jlynn1205

Post by jlynn1205 »

vistadiva » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:54 pm wrote:
jlynn1205 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:45 pm wrote:I can't get the album to stream. Help! I go to the page, click on the green stream album button and nothing happens! I'm on an Amazon kindle fire.
It's not working for mobiles, IPads and likely Amazon Kindle..(which IS ridiculous since Amazon is streaming it!!).

The work-around for mobile is to download Puffin Browser (likely available in your app store..or Google). Open the browser and play the streaming link there. That may work.
I got it. Thanks peeps!
jlynn1205

Post by jlynn1205 »

Oh jeez, There I Said It...chills..so many emotions...his voice is simply stunning.
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

Great review from AllMusic! 4/5 stars!

Adam Lambert shakes off the shackles of the past by returning to his roots on The Original High. No longer with RCA, the label who signed him in the wake of American Idol, Lambert seizes this freedom by reuniting with producers Max Martin and Shellback, the team who gave him his big 2009 hit "Whataya Want from Me," but this is by no means a throwback. Martin and Shellback remain fixtures at the top of the pop charts -- they were instrumental collaborators on Taylor Swift's 1989, the biggest album of 2014 -- and they're a comfortable, stylish fit for the clever Lambert, a singer as comfortable with a glam-disco past as he is an EDM present. The Original High cannily synthesizes these two sides of Lambert, an intersection made explicit on "Lucy," where Adam sings about "diamond dogs" while his Queen bandmate Brian May lays down lead guitar over a crawling electro-beat. Elsewhere, Lambert ratchets up either the rock or the dance, but usually favors the latter, sometimes sliding into full-bore glitter ball territory -- "The Original High," where the beat slowly modulates from disco into EDM and the bonus "These Boys," which shamelessly appropriates the polyester styles of the '70s -- but usually finding an expert balance between pulsating rhythms and gleaming surfaces, not to mention insidiously ingratiating pop hooks. This emphasis on the hook and tune distinguishes The Original High, a record where Martin and Shellback's production, like Adam's soaring vocals, is in service of the song. Although the album can linger on moody noir a little too long -- the lightest material is squired away on the three bonus tracks, each an effervescent delight -- the individual components work on their own merits, whether it's the steely clatter of the Tove Lo duet "Rumours," the elegantly skeletal cinemascapes of "Ghost Town," or the cleanly constructed lines of "Things I Didn't Say." Here, and throughout The Original High, Adam Lambert demonstrates he's in perfect control of his style and sound and knows how to combine both into a sterling modern pop record.

www.allmusic.com/album/the-original-high-mw0002843910
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

::yessss:: ::clap::
Sewardesque@Sewardesque
RT @rabbittopia: " the lightest material is squired away on the three bonus tracks, each an effervescent delight" WANT http://t.co/cMGF5vN8a9 2015-06-09
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

http://www.billboard.com/photos/6590485 ... 5?i=559087

Summer Music Preview: 25 Albums We Can’t Wait to Hear

6 / 26

Adam Lambert, The Original High (June 16)

After splitting with RCA Records following the release of 2012’s underrated Trespassing LP, Lambert has (somewhat) reinvented himself on The Original High, moving from disco-funk to sleeker, darker pop music. Brian May, who Lambert performed with as the leader of Queen in the album interim, guests on the standout track “Lucy.”
MsDorenaS

Post by MsDorenaS »

Adam is in the picture on the first page also. :) http://www.billboard.com/photos/6590485 ... 5?i=559438
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

After listening to >>>>Things I didn't Say ....on Adam's iHeart broadcast...

IMO....it is perfect for radio.....will make a great single ::thumbsup::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

Ah, finally got home to be able to stream this and listen with headphones. And now just listening on the laptop's crappy speakers, but it still sounds so good. "There I Said It" is the "Underneath" of this collection - all the emotion, but with amazing mastery over the vocal inflections/nuances. I guess there could be a radio-edit which would work as a single ...

WBR's marketing of this is just amazing. Trespassing was released in a vacuum - RCA couldn't even manage a featured album ad in a Best Buy Sunday newspaper insert to let anyone outside of the "bubble" know there was a new album.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

donnamb » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:33 pm wrote:Ah, finally got home to be able to stream this and listen with headphones. And now just listening on the laptop's crappy speakers, but it still sounds so good. "There I Said It" is the "Underneath" of this collection - all the emotion, but with amazing mastery over the vocal inflections/nuances. I guess there could be a radio-edit which would work as a single ...

WBR's marketing of this is just amazing. Trespassing was released in a vacuum - RCA couldn't even manage a featured album ad in a Best Buy Sunday newspaper insert to let anyone outside of the "bubble" know there was a new album.
Agree about ....There I Said It !!! very emotional ::wub::

I feel it was/is Adam's statement to the world....early on ::heart::

I know everyone interprets music differently.....

This album is Adam's journey ::heart::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
Rami

Post by Rami »

Finally!!

My favs from the first listen are:

There I Said It
Rumors
Heavy Fire

Those are on repeat now!! ::grin::
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

I wasn't sure about Heavy Fire ....at first....

However.....while listening to Adam's iHeart broadcast....

He played .....Massive Attack just before ...HF....

The beat was very familiar....really like it more now.....

Also...with the lyrics....I could see soldiers possibly liking it too ::wub::
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

I'm a little behind on all the excitement! ::woohoo:: Heard the "leak" of TOH (song) last night but was shocked when I looked in here mid-afternoon to find that whole album was streaming. Listened and then found out that I was missing Adam's DJ stint! This was during a late lunch at home. Returned to work and managed to listen to most of the radio program and was happy that they repeated it. ::wootdance::

Was listening to Lucy and reading the lyrics in the Sea of Read Thread. I am thinking that the "It's just" at the beginning of the second column should be "Innocence" under attack. What do you think?

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Well, look at you, Hotouthere!!! Bringing in just the lyrics image!

So proud!!!!

::hugkissblush::
"It is what it is!"
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

I'm surprised that no one's mentioned Rolling Stone's review of TOH yet! (Or did I miss it?) It came out last week in the print edition:

http://contentviewer.adobe.com/s/Rollin ... e_lastPage

3/5 stars---the same score the mag awarded to FYE back in 2009---is on the stingy side (especially since it reads like a three and a half), but the review is positive enough to make the uninitiated interested in checking out the album ::smile::

Actually, if anything's worth only three stars, it's the quality of the writing here ::haha:: It really doesn't capture the album at all.

But so far, so good with regards to the eventual Metacritic score for the album. Both the AllMusic's 4/5 and the RS's 3/5 will be counted, so that makes it a respectable 3.5---or 70/100---at this point.

Billboard loved Trespassing, so I'm hopeful that they'll come to the party this time as well.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

DerekMcG » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:39 pm wrote:I'm surprised that no one's mentioned Rolling Stone's review of TOH yet! (Or did I miss it?) It came out last week in the print edition:

http://contentviewer.adobe.com/s/Rollin ... e_lastPage

3/5 stars---the same score the mag awarded to FYE back in 2009---is on the stingy side (especially since it reads like a three and a half), but the review is positive enough to make the uninitiated interested in checking out the album ::smile::

Actually, if anything's worth only three stars, it's the quality of the writing here ::haha:: It really doesn't capture the album at all.

But so far, so good with regards to the eventual Metacritic score for the album. Both the AllMusic's 4/5 and the RS's 3/5 will be counted, so that makes it a respectable 3.5---or 70/100---at this point.

Billboard loved Trespassing, so I'm hopeful that they'll come to the party this time as well.
TOH also got 4 out of 5 stars from http://pressplayok.com/review-adam-lamb ... inal-high/

Do they count?
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Finally got a chance to listen to the Amazon stream of the album.

I can already tell There I Said It is going to be my very favorite song, that one will be on constant repeat ::wub::

My other favorites all TOH and ALN, followed by Rumors.

Everything is going to have to grow on me...it wasn't instant love. I sort of spaced out on The Light and Heavy Fire, they were kind of meh for me...didn't really grab me.

But combined with the other albums, it'll make an awesome playlist on my Ipod. ::spaz::
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

madamimadam » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:23 pm wrote:Well, look at you, Hotouthere!!! Bringing in just the lyrics image!

So proud!!!!

Actually....I cheated! ::devil::

I just copied the url and posted to image. Didn't use Control A & Control C.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

hotouthere » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:05 pm wrote:
madamimadam » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:23 pm wrote:Well, look at you, Hotouthere!!! Bringing in just the lyrics image!

So proud!!!!

I just copied the url and posted to image.
But you found a way that worked for you!!!! Clever girl!!!!

::thumbsup::
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

madamimadam » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:06 pm wrote:
hotouthere » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:05 pm wrote:

So proud!!!!

I just copied the url and posted to image.
But you found a way that worked for you!!!! Clever girl!!!!

Thank you! I am actually on a computer all day but mostly posting accounting and tax related transactions. Graphics...not so much.

::thumbsup::
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

Sadly, Pressplay's review doesn't count. But it's a great read (first couple of paragraphs aside)!
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to Adam Music Archives on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:09 pm by madamimadam

Moved from Adam Music Archives to 2015 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:30 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2015 Adam Music”