2015 Media - In Print Articles

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

IN PRINT

thebenlindsay 3h3 hours ago
Spoke with @adamlambert about #TheOriginalHigh for this week's cover: http://bit.ly/1GnaXnc via @NextMagazineNY

adamlambert_pic 3h3 hours ago
Online version of Next Magazine with @adamlambert on the cover! http://issuu.com/nextmagazine.com/docs/next_issue_22.50

bani_ 3h3 hours ago
Bigger http://image.issuu.com/150603161253-b49 ... page_1.jpg

NextMagazineNY 3h3 hours ago
"Everybody just wants companionship." @adamlambert graces our cover as an #Idol, reimagined: http://bit.ly/1GnaXnc

IvaaLambert 2h2 hours ago
IF ANYONE WANTS DESPERATELY NEXT MAG IN HARD COPY -WRITE AN E-MAIL distribution@nextmagazine.net THIS INFO IS 4 OUTSIDE US GLAMBERTS!

PattiHum 2h2 hours ago
These 2 pics are the same person! ILH!

ScorpioBert 2h2 hours ago
This cover reminds me of Details Cover

issuu 2h2 hours ago
A 'reimagined' @adamlambert talks #glam rock, #power vocals, and his new album in @NextMagazineNY. http://bit.ly/1FwTxyR

StarCrushCeleb 1h1 hour ago
Adam Lambert Covers Next, Says He's Happy To No Longer Be 'Rock 'N' Roll Guy' http://bit.ly/1ImDNo7

PopCrush 41m41 minutes ago
.@adamlambert covers @NextMagazineNY, says he's happy to no longer be the "rock guy":
http://popcrush.com/adam-lambert-next-cover/

lilybop2010 32m32 minutes ago
Adam must really wanna play a bad guy in a film!
http://lilybop.smugmug.com/Other-11/Jun ... againe.jpg
"It is what it is!"
Raleighfan

Post by Raleighfan »

Beautifully said, Sealuv! [yes2.gif]
Sealuv wrote:
vistadiva wrote:Adam is the cover boy for NEXT Magazine...June 5 issue.

Full issue: http://issuu.com/nextmagazine.com/docs/next_issue_22.50
Six years of "hotness" with this handsome dude and i am still drooling.......what i am loving now..... is all the DJ's etc ...doing the same thing ...straight ...gay ..whatever...realizing what we have all known........ADAM LAMBERT is SEX PERSONIFIED!..........He IS Elvis ...James Dean..and all those beautiful people that made our culture take a double take....in the end...he is purely Adam.....HOT...DELICIOUS......AND TRUE ..........[Love.png]
Zenia

Post by Zenia »

OHHH my lord.

He is utterly devastatingly beatyfull.

NOW you have to excuse me.I must look for my tounge.
I dropped it on the floor somewhere. [razz.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Zenia wrote:OHHH my lord.

He is utterly devastatingly beatyfull.

NOW you have to excuse me.I must look for my tounge.
I dropped it on the floor somewhere. [razz.gif]
*hands you my left over scotchtape roll*
"It is what it is!"
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

"Next Magazine" ....
"Adam Lambert is a force to be reckoned with—and it’s not just apparent in his stunning vocal prowess. Simply by being himself since auditioning for Simon Cowell and co. in 2009, Lambert has helped pave the way for LGBT artists and entertainers the world over. And his seamless transition from the eighth season American Idol runner-up to the chart-topping solo artist he is today—who happens to play part-time frontman for Queen, no less—is equally impressive. In fact, since he first landed in our living rooms six years ago, there’s been no denying the man’s a star.
The link to the "Next" article is here
"Next Magazine" feature article LINK: http://www.nextmagazine.com/content/reimagining-adam
svca

Post by svca »

madamimadam wrote:In Print

LibraLaurie · 8h 8 hours ago
RT @Lynneville My DD found an Adam Lambert reference in the book he is reading. Beginning of second full paragraph
I read gay romance, exclusively, about 3 dozen downloads a month....I would say about 50% have Adam references in them, anything from makeup, style, to music to actual lyrics.

It's amazing, never fails to make me squee. [dance.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

IN PRINT

Byroncooke 9h9 hours ago
Nice to see @AdamLambert AND our Aussie gal @RubyRose on the same magazine cover Adam fans.. get around Ruby!

GlamDianee 4h4 hours ago
@adamlambert for @NextMagazineNY

LaurieMotley 8h8 hours ago
There is nothing like opening up a magazine and seeing @adamlambert He is in the "Star Shots" of Star.

"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

IN PRINT

CoralMermaid 4h4 hours ago
OMG!!!! I am at a school function and look what I found!!!! @FrontiersMag @adamlambert

"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

IN PRINT

CoralMermaid 4h4 hours ago
OMG!!!! I am at a school function and look what I found!!!! @FrontiersMag @adamlambert

"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

IN PRINT ARTICLES

PART ONE

madamimadam » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:28 pm wrote:
Glamdrea Jun 5
Adam in the latest issue of Bravo magazine in Serbia. Cool Style: @adamlambert

xxmisswendyxx 8h8 hours ago
Article in @DailyMirror @adamlambert Adam tells it straight @shoshannastone :)))))))

"It is what it is!"
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

HQ scan for "Don't Stop Me" interview.

Adam Lambert Pics ‏@adamlambert_pic
INTERVIEW w/ @adamlambert in Herald Sun [Australia] "Don't Stop Me Now" - June 11, 2015:
http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HAZZf ... erview.png

barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

Kraken Netiri@n_etiri_zandz
I love how grown ass man he is. Yes, he is thankful for the fuel his fans have supplied but it's his vehicle and direction. He owes nothing.
::thumbup:: ::yessss::
LA Times
Q&A Adam Lambert on new album 'The Original High': 'I know who I am now'....
And in your eagerness to show a different side.
They knew I was ready to shake things up, and they weren't afraid of anything. It's easy to get wrapped up in what everybody wants you to do. But at some point you have to go, "OK, but what do I want?"

Can that be hard to remember?
Not now. But there have been moments of confusion.

I can understand why. Your fans are very vocal about what kind of artistic decisions you should be making.
I wanted to turn a corner and go into a different place. - Adam Lambert
They all have an opinion. And that's great — it means they're invested. At the same time, it's important for me to say, "I'm going to do what I want to do, and I hope you like it." You're not ordering your dinner for the night. There's no menu. ::yessss:: ::clap::
http://fw.to/QU4jhSN
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Really good article in Billboard by Shirley Halperin....

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... -sam-smith

Adam Lambert on Bonding With Sam Smith, His New Sound and His 'Dark Side'

Adam Lambert looks like he's ready to kick some ass. Sauntering through a penthouse at the Hollywood landmark Chateau Marmont, the 6-foot-1 singer towers over a cadre of assistants in a pair of throwback club-kid platform boots that lift him a good half-foot off the ground. To complete the look, Lambert is donning drop-crotch pants and a tight black tank, showing off his arms, which are newly muscled and heavily ­tattooed, with much of the ink acquired during the last two years. It's a gloomier, rawer look for the former glam-rock revivalist, one better-suited for a guy who calls his inability to be content his "dark side."
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

madamimadam » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:43 pm wrote:IN PRINT
http://adamlambertmtt.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=62

IsabelRozenblat Jun 10
@adamlambert on the cover of an Israeli Magazine

BorneoBert Jun 10
@adamlambert Look! "Album of the Week" **** review in Aussie Herald-Sun! #TheOriginalHigh @shoshannastone

FoxVegas Jun 10 Whitecourt, Alberta
@shoshannastone @BorneoBert Maybe this is better...

MissSpookiness9 Jun 10
Not sure if this has been shared yet...but interview with @adamlambert in today's Herald Sun.

TALCvids Jun 10
TALCvids retweeted Magda Dziemianczuk ♎
On line version of "Don't Stop Me Now" interview > http://www.pressreader.com/australia/he ... 5/TextView

spreckles Jun 10
PEOPLE PICKS: No.6 Adam Lambert,The Original High (People mag. June 22,2015)

spreckles Jun 11
People Picks are " A dozen cool things to see, hear, read and download this week"

spreckles Jun 11
Melissa McCarthy is on the cover.

Gretski06 Jun 11
Adam Lambert in the NW Magazine Australia

mallunma 15h15 hours ago
HS: You miss Finland, Adam Lambert (the same interview they had on video)

TALCvids 13h13 hours ago
TY! RT @spreckles: "Adam Lambert:Back With A Brave New Sound" EW Special LGBT Issue (June 19 2016)

_swoosh14
Adam in today's paper. Uploaded HS printed interview to my smugmug acc. http://swoosh14.smugmug.com/Adam-in-Finland/i-NpsrZD4

jeanjenie 11h11 hours ago
Adam in london metro tday.

gamergeek4589 7h7 hours ago
Good review from the sun for @adamlambert #TheOriginalHigh

izzy_mar0720 3h3 hours ago
Look who's in the newest issue of People magazine!!!!!

adamlambert_pic 6h6 hours ago
Great 4 stars review of 'The Original High' from Dagens industri [Sweden], June 12, 2015: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-yLs6 ... 20Weekend-

"It is what it is!"
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

News 24h Sverige @news24hswe
Jag har aldrig en sekund ångrat att jag kom ut: Adam Lambert kom tvåa i amerikanska Idol 2009, fick kritik när... http://news24h.allnews24h.com/jqkL
1:43 PM - 13 Jun 2015

Jag har aldrig en sekund ångrat att jag kom ut

Adam Lambert kom tvåa i amerikanska Idol 2009, fick kritik när han kysste en kille på American music award och har sjungit med Queen i fyra år. Nu släpper han sin ”svenska” soloplatta, producerad av de svenska demonproducenterna Max Martin och Shellback.
Av Harry Amster

Hur var det att jobba med dem i Stockholm?

– Shellback är ett geni som hör ljud som andra ser färger. Max är lika briljant och har förmågan att veta vad folk vill lyssna på och hur han ska få dem att fastna för en låt.

Vad handlar nya singeln ”Ghost time” om?

– Om när ditt hjärta krossas och du känner dig vilsen, tom och besviken.

I ”Rumours” sjunger du med svenska stjärnskottet Tove Lo.

– Hon är helt otrolig, har en silkeslen ton i sin röst som är så vacker. Dessutom är hon en strålande textförfattare som tar upp viktiga saker på ett coolt, obesvärat sätt. Allt det här var före hennes världshit ”Habits” så hon frågade ut mig om mina erfarenheter av musikindustrin. Låten handlar om skvaller, rykten och folk som tror att de vet allt för att de läst om dig.

Queens gitarrist Brian May medverkar på låten ”Lucy”. Hur var det när han träffade Max Martin?

– Brian visste vem Max var men inte hur han såg ut. Vi satt i studion alla tre och Brian trodde att killen han pratade med var ljudteknikern. Till sist frågade Brian var Max var någonstans. ”Men du pratar ju med honom”, sa jag. Vi började skratta och Brian sa till Max att ”du beter dig inte som en världsproducent utan som en helt vanlig kille.”

Tänkte du mycket på Freddie Mercury när du axlade hans mantel i Queen?

– I början var jag osäker eftersom Mercury är en av mina hjältar. Jag visste ju att alla skulle jämföra, vara skeptiska och muttra ”who the fuck is this guy?” Efter fjärde låten märkte jag att det funkade.

När jag intervjuade dig 2010 hade du kysst en manlig musikerkollega på American music awards och det blev protester. Har något förändrats sen sist?

– Ja, det kommer alltid finnas konservativa människor, men vi går åt samma håll som i Sverige där attityden mer är ”vem bryr sig”.

Är det sant att din mamma tog initiativet till komma ut-snacket när du var 18 år?

– Ja, hon sa ”kan vi prata någon gång?!" ”Visst, tack mamma”, sa jag och har aldrig för en sekund ångrat att jag kom ut.

Adam Lambert släpper nya albumet ”The original high” på tisdag.

Google translated

News 24h Sverige @news24hswe
I have never regretted one second that I came out : Adam Lambert finished second in American Idol 2009 , was criticized when... http://news24h.allnews24h.com/jqkL
1:43 PM - 13 Jun 2015

I have never regretted one second that I came out
Adam Lambert finished second in American Idol 2009, was criticized when he kissed a guy at the American Music Award and has sung with Queen four years. Now he releases his "Swedish" solo album, produced by the Swedish demo producers Max Martin and Shellback.
Harry Amster

How was it working with them in Stockholm?

- Shellback is a genius who hears sounds that others see colors. Max is just as brilliant and has the ability to know what people want to hear and how he will get them hooked on a song.

What is new single "Ghost Time" about?

- If when your heart broken and you feel lost, empty and disappointed.

In the "Rumours" you sing with Swedish rising star Tove Lo.

- She is incredible, has a silky tone in his voice that is so beautiful. She is also a brilliant lyricist who take up important things in a cool, effortless manner. All of this was prior to her worldwide hit "Habits" so she asked me about my experiences in the music industry. The song is about gossip, rumors, and people who think they know everything that they read about you.

Queen guitarist Brian May is featured on the song "Lucy". How was it when he met Max Martin?

- Brian knew who Max was but not how he looked. We sat in the studio all three and Brian thought that the guy he was talking to was the sound engineer. Finally asked Brian was Max was nowhere. "But you're talking to him," I said. We started laughing and Brian told Max that "you behave not as a world producer but as a regular guy."

Did you think a lot of Freddie Mercury when you took on his mantle in Queenstown?

- In the beginning I was unsure because Mercury is one of my heroes. I knew that everyone would compare, be skeptical and muttering "Who the fuck is this guy?" After the fourth song, I noticed that it worked.

When I interviewed you in 2010, you had kissed a male musician colleague at the American Music Awards and it became the protests. Has anything changed since last time?

- Yes, there will always be conservative people, but we are going in the same direction as in Sweden, where the attitude is more "who cares".

Is it true that your mom took the initiative to come out-the talking when you were 18?

- Yes, she said "we can talk sometime ?!" "Sure, thanks mom," I said, and never for a second regretted that I came out.

Adam Lambert releases new album "The original high" on Tuesday.
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Adam Lambert
The Original High (Warner)
4 out of 5

Melodies to kill for

Review. It felt like a new record when Madonna worked with eight Swedish songwriters on her last album. Yet, she has nothing on Adam Lambert’s new album, which is produced by Max Martin and Shellback. In total, 19 Swedish songwriters have been involved, almost all under the age of 30.
The broadness of Swedish song-writing today is astonishing. Sweden has a better substitute bench than other nations’ A teams. The fact that four of the Swedish songwriters are female is a sign that even the song-writing industry is slowly, slowly closing in on the development of the artist side, where women easily dominate the scene today.

Adam Lambert has also made the modern pop album that Madonna tried to make but never really managed.
Lambert came in second place on American Idol 2009, was the first openly gay contestant, and he also has a background in musical theatre. And the fact that he has taken the place of Freddie Mercury in the reunited Queen says quite a lot about both his charisma and vocal prowess. That type of vocal equilibrium, the biggest asset you can have in the musical theatre and opera world, can however be a disadvantage in the pop world – but Max Martin and Shellback get Adam Lambert to hold back.
The result is slightly darker, bitter-sweet pop with melodies others would kill for. The production is state of the art, with elements of house and trap, all whilst being restrained and playful: on one song a whistle gets to carry the melody, another song is instead carried by finger snapping.
Pop music in the 2010s doesn’t get any better than this.

Original article: Jan Gradvall
http://www.di.se/di/artiklar/2015/6/12/ ... -doda-for/
Translated by: Adam Lambert Sverige

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Hrithika » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:29 am wrote:Adam Lambert
The Original High (Warner)
4 out of 5

Melodies to kill for

Review. It felt like a new record when Madonna worked with eight Swedish songwriters on her last album. Yet, she has nothing on Adam Lambert’s new album, which is produced by Max Martin and Shellback. In total, 19 Swedish songwriters have been involved, almost all under the age of 30.
The broadness of Swedish song-writing today is astonishing. Sweden has a better substitute bench than other nations’ A teams. The fact that four of the Swedish songwriters are female is a sign that even the song-writing industry is slowly, slowly closing in on the development of the artist side, where women easily dominate the scene today.

Adam Lambert has also made the modern pop album that Madonna tried to make but never really managed.
Lambert came in second place on American Idol 2009, was the first openly gay contestant, and he also has a background in musical theatre. And the fact that he has taken the place of Freddie Mercury in the reunited Queen says quite a lot about both his charisma and vocal prowess. That type of vocal equilibrium, the biggest asset you can have in the musical theatre and opera world, can however be a disadvantage in the pop world – but Max Martin and Shellback get Adam Lambert to hold back.
The result is slightly darker, bitter-sweet pop with melodies others would kill for. The production is state of the art, with elements of house and trap, all whilst being restrained and playful: on one song a whistle gets to carry the melody, another song is instead carried by finger snapping.
Pop music in the 2010s doesn’t get any better than this.

Original article: Jan Gradvall
http://www.di.se/di/artiklar/2015/6/12/ ... -doda-for/
Translated by: Adam Lambert Sverige

What a great review. Very nicely writtern. ::thumbsup:: Thank you for posting this Hrithika. ::flowers::
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

barb4Adam » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:18 pm wrote:Kraken Netiri@n_etiri_zandz
I love how grown ass man he is. Yes, he is thankful for the fuel his fans have supplied but it's his vehicle and direction. He owes nothing.
::thumbup:: ::yessss::
LA Times
Q&A Adam Lambert on new album 'The Original High': 'I know who I am now'....
And in your eagerness to show a different side.
They knew I was ready to shake things up, and they weren't afraid of anything. It's easy to get wrapped up in what everybody wants you to do. But at some point you have to go, "OK, but what do I want?"

Can that be hard to remember?
Not now. But there have been moments of confusion.

I can understand why. Your fans are very vocal about what kind of artistic decisions you should be making.
I wanted to turn a corner and go into a different place. - Adam Lambert
They all have an opinion. And that's great — it means they're invested. At the same time, it's important for me to say, "I'm going to do what I want to do, and I hope you like it." You're not ordering your dinner for the night. There's no menu. ::yessss:: ::clap::
http://fw.to/QU4jhSN

You're not ordering your dinner for the night. There's no menu

That may be one of the my favorite things he's ever said!
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

re: L.A. Times interview: Nice photo, but didn't like the interview. The reporter didn't like Adam doing Queen, and Adam had to defend himself. Not necessary to print that, really.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

sandyrk » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:04 pm wrote:Adam was in the L.A. Times Arts & Entertainment section today. Nice photo, but didn't like the interview. The reporter didn't like Adam doing Queen, and Adam had to defend himself. Not necessary to print that, really.
I actually loved it... Loved Adam being all HBIC and putting him in his place!

::devil::
"It is what it is!"

Return to “2015 Archives”