***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

They do realize it is not up to Shosh when it comes to touring or radio. Her job, is to relate and publically relate to the media.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

3ku1 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:02 pm wrote:They do realize it is not up to Shosh when it comes to touring or radio. Her job, is to relate and publically relate to the media.
That's the thing, though... A lot of fans DON'T realize that.
"It is what it is!"
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Well maybe she should make that clear. Adam fans are getting a bap rep as a bunch of nutters haha.
Sealuv

Post by Sealuv »

Carmi » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:23 pm wrote:
Sealuv » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:20 pm wrote:
Carmi » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:57 pm wrote:
3ku1 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:39 pm wrote:Why are anyone tweeting Adams Publicist, about add dates. Or when they are pushing the single on UK radio e.t.c. That is none of their business lol. I am sorry the main role of a fan, is to stan, buy the artists music, request when asked, and go to their concert. I can never get this over invested fan. I would never go Listin Women it is your fault the Great Wall in China fell down!! I mean really.

Maybe the better question is, why did she make herself accessible to begin with? ::thumbup::

She gets clobbered regularly and I think that it is sad. No one deserves that. I just have no idea why she doesn't stop dealing with crazy fans and go silent. We would all survive.

None of her other clients fans harangue her like this. It's embarrassing. I assume they are very young and passionate. (No disrespect to young people.)
bit curious to the bolded statement ....adam is the only in house artist that has disrespectful fans questioning her?........surely there are overzealous fans, who think they know best and let it be known, with every artist shosh deals with.....but ..hey ...could only be glamberts....but difficult to believe...... ::smile:: j/s

I never see John Legend or Britney fans act this way to her. From what I see, yes, sadly it is only Adam fans.
interesting.......
adam does have an incredibly passionate/loyal fanbase, the peeps who have been with him from the start and feel very protective of him......possibly due to the cultural curve balls he has received vs the Legends and the Britneys who have only "straight" balls thrown their way along the path to "Stardom"........not excusing the overzealous ... but can understand how passion for this man can move into OTT....adam is a very unique "pop" artist...and that is why the fan passion runs very deep and to the core...this type of passion touches only a few artists every generation........as you have stated above ...no one else in shosh's stable has this type of interaction/passion.......

but..would bet my whatever that .... the major players like Elvis...MJ...Beatles ..etc... fanbases had major OTT peeps.......there just wasn't the internet to expose it........

anyway...sure Shosh can handle it.......part of the job description...... ::thumbup::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

3ku1 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:16 pm wrote:Well maybe she should make that clear. Adam fans are getting a bap rep as a bunch of nutters haha.
She has! Repeatedly!!!!! But not everyone 'gets it'.

I don't think a few OTT fans are coloring the fandom's reputation. Shosh is well aware that it's just a few fans that pull stuff like what went down today.
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

OK, doc's appointment in the morning so off to bed early! Keep the fires burning! ::grin::

Me, I'll be ::sleep::
"It is what it is!"
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

Just got back from David Cook's show in Newton NJ. The opening singer was very very good, and I'm going to have to look him up.
There were a lot of Cook fans, and when he came on for his performance, quite a few stood up. Security was on it, and came down the aisles to yell at the offenders to sit. David cut the song, asked for the lights to come up, and screamed something to the effect of "Don't you ever f***in tell my fans to sit down or talk to them that way." So, now, everyone stands up, of course, and the concert started to go on again. At least for two songs.
Then another Theatre person - maybe the owner or manager comes down the aisle, hops up on the stage, and grabs David by the shoulder. He let go, but motioned vehemently that David should follow him into the wings. When David came back out, he said, let's get this over with. I'm told I offended some people. I don't regret the message I was trying to deliver, but I am sorry for my choice. of words.
And then he went on with the show.
svca

Post by svca »

Whoa, so much drama....I didn't know concerts were that exciting lol.

But you enjoyed the music, I hope??
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

Well, yes, quite a lot of drama. Safe to say Newton will never see David Cook again.
I was really really impressed with the opener - Andrew Ripp. Very personable, voice with so much range and power, even if his song-writing is towards the Nashville-country vein, and he once wrote songs for Hanson (if you remember that teeny-bop group). He even stepped away from the micro-phone altogether to sing his final number unamplified.
I really wanted to like David. Lord knows I was surrounded by his fans, including my next seat neighbor who showed me her m7&g photo, and her scrap book from volunteering at DC's cancer fundraisers. I even listened to his stuff on Spotify.
But for me, it all sounded the same after the first couple of numbers.I stood for a while (I was in the 4th row), and then sat down for a while, cos there was nothing to really watch. Actually, most people at the end had their backs to the stage so they could get group selfies with DC in the background. He did "Wicked Game".. I'm spoiled with Adam's version.
But, if the price is right and he's in the area, go. Funny thing, he wouldn't say anything about Idol, other than he was on "that show" and afterwards there was "that album".
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

As you know Adam has a live acoustic album coming out on Spotify. I heard it well prob be uploaded in 2 months. And it well be available for purchase on ITunes around that time. It is an acoustic version of TOH Live, looking forward to that. I really hope Adams next album, is stripped back acoustic guitar ballads.
svca

Post by svca »

Ooooh, acoustic album would be awesome...definitely buying TOH acoustic if/when it comes out.

Donna, I think we're so spoiled by Adam's personality when it comes to concerts and dealing with an audience, etc. He's just so personable most of the time, even though we've seen him ticked off a time or two.

I don't think I've ever heard DC sing, will have to look him up.
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

3ku1 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:42 am wrote:As you know Adam has a live acoustic album coming out on Spotify. I heard it well prob be uploaded in 2 months. And it well be available for purchase on ITunes around that time. It is an acoustic version of TOH Live, looking forward to that. I really hope Adams next album, is stripped back acoustic guitar ballads.
There's an acoustic album??
svca

Post by svca »

It's only 5:30 here in Cali and I"m already tired, just reading all the new Adam news.

Rock festivals, new tour dates, a Chinese news conference....who knows what else the rest of the day will bring?? ::clap::

One thing is for sure, Adam won't be bored next year ::crylaugh::

And I'm thinking, neither will we ::banana:: ::banana:: ::woohoo:: ::woohoo::
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

So exciting...... ::woohoo::

Imma hoping for all of the above ::yessss:: ::haha::

New Adam acoustic...and/or......QAL collab.......maybe CD/EP ::thumbsup::

more Adam solo gigs.....more QAL gigs......

I would even love new.....Adam & Bri & Roger ......non Queen music/gigs... ::thumbsup::

whatever we would call^^^^ that !!!! ::icant::

I want it all....and ....I want it now ::yessss:: ::yessss:: ::haha:: ::wub::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
Aviddem

Post by Aviddem »

Just heard Ghost Town on the Today show, they played it during a segue to commercials ::banana:: ::banana:: ::banana::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

bebeg » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:20 am wrote:
3ku1 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:42 am wrote:As you know Adam has a live acoustic album coming out on Spotify. I heard it well prob be uploaded in 2 months. And it well be available for purchase on ITunes around that time. It is an acoustic version of TOH Live, looking forward to that. I really hope Adams next album, is stripped back acoustic guitar ballads.
There's an acoustic album??
First I hear of this... Luke, do yo have a link?
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Such exciting news to come out today! I can hardly keep up! ::spaz:: ::clapbig:: ::banana:: ::wheee::

Let't just say this.....A whole lot of glitter and glam just hit the fan!

Two additional TOH concerts on the schedule.
Two QAL gigs at big music festivals! These are really great for drawing in new fans.

I'm just really happy that I get to see Adam soonish in Phoenix! ::grin:: ::wub::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

hotouthere » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:43 am wrote:Such exciting news to come out today! I can hardly keep up! ::spaz:: ::clapbig:: ::banana:: ::wheee::

Two QAL gigs at big music festivals! These are really great for drawing in new fans.

I'm just really happy that I get to see Adam soonish in Phoenix! ::grin:: ::wub::
And... a great interview from Beijing...

And... video from the press conference with Adam looking gorgeous!!!!

See the Audio/Video thread!
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

madamimadam » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:46 am wrote:
hotouthere » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:43 am wrote:Such exciting news to come out today! I can hardly keep up! ::spaz:: ::clapbig:: ::banana:: ::wheee::

And... a great interview from Beijing...

And... video from the press conference with Adam looking gorgeous!!!!

See the Audio/Video thread!
I already checked those out! I was just excited to hear about more concerts and as far as Adam looking gorgeous....that's always the case! ::smile:: ::heart::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

OK, off to the doctor for my yearly checkup.... Had to shave my legs!!!!!! The Struggle!

::crylaugh::
"It is what it is!"

Return to “Let's Talk!”