***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:04 pm wrote:I managed to bring in the stuff I had. Check the "TOH Promo" thread for lots of stuff coming up. I just can't concentrate enough to take care of the new threads and calendar info.

I am so devastated by what happened in Paris....

I think we all are! I can't concentrate on anything either. As much as I don`t want to keep watching, I find I am still glued to the TV and twitter. So much evil in the world today and my heart is with all of France.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:08 pm wrote:
Tiki » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:05 pm wrote:
madamimadam » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:01 pm wrote:...hmmmm.... not so sure, guys....

citygirl36 2h2 hours ago
"At least thru Thurs." Billboard - Paris Shuts Down Public Spaces, Including Concerts Halls, Movie Theaters, Museums http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... e-theaters
Did you see my tweet above which was only 12 min ago vs your posted tweet 2 hrs ago. ::haha:: ::friendsLOL::
Yes, I did. My post was in response to yours.

CNN/MSNBC still have not reported that the shut down has been lifted... so not so sure about her tweet.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood you. ::smile::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

mmadamimadamm 45s45 seconds ago
mmadamimadamm Retweeted ALAlwayz #TOH
FYI - Part 1 mmadamimadamm added,
ALAlwayz #TOH @ALAlwayz
@mmadamimadamm Last night event site had performers & tickets available for sale. Earlier today minimal site w/ticket sales stopped...

mmadamimadamm 21s21 seconds ago
mmadamimadamm Retweeted ALAlwayz #TOH
FYI - Part 2

I'm still waiting for an official announcement that the shutdown has been lifted.
mmadamimadamm added,
ALAlwayz #TOH @ALAlwayz
@mmadamimadamm Posted that about billboard earlier, but site's selling tix again but removed performers names...IDK
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Just checking in to see how everybody is doing....it's so quiet every place ::thumbleweed::
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Svca
I am doing fine this is my weekend at work so i have been mostly off line just finished it.
::hello::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:35 am wrote:Just checking in to see how everybody is doing....it's so quiet every place ::thumbleweed::
I have been very affected by the Paris massacre... I've found myself glued to my TV and 'unable' to do anything constructive (for Adam). I did the bare minimum here at MTT.

::crying::
"It is what it is!"
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Me to been affected but it helped that i have been working these 2 Days and we have had many patients
so my focus has been to help them .
But i wisit my mother after work yeasterday and we sat glued to the telly looking on the horror.
I Think many off us has take some time off internet and been with our closest freinds / family.

Madonna addressed the Paris attacks at her show in Stockholm
i Think she is right we must stand up agains this terror its not ok for others to dictate how we shall live
[bbvideo=560,315]http://youtu.be/wI7EoaZ9ZLQ[/bbvideo]

And on the metro/subway in Stockholm on my way home there was a lot off this message

svca

Post by svca »

I'm so sorry, Marie ::huggy:: ::huggy::

Something like this happening casts such gloom over everything....it makes you appreciate everything so much more, because you realize how quickly it can be taken away. I do appreciate, though, how people pull together in support of each other, people and countries. It's heartwarming to see people support Paris by changing their profiles on facebook.

There was a post on Atop that made me think and made me cry.....a lady posted that the very thing that happened in Paris has been happening in other countries, such as Syria, for years. I can't imagine living under those kinds of conditions. She is a Glambert and apparently lives in, I believe, Syria.

Extra hugs for those still affected by this horrible attack ::grouphug::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

The calendar has been updated with info (WC/streams) for Xtra Factor UK and Strictly Come Dancing.

All info has also been added to the OP's of those two threads.

::highfive::
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Like Marie, I have been glued to the TV and am terribly upset over that whole ordeal that happened in Paris. It is difficult to put to words everything that I am feeling. The death and suffering of those victims was absolutely senseless.

Personally, the radical beliefs, ideals and any suggestion that those savage criminals have anything worthwhile to offer me or society as a whole is beyond my comprehension. Anyone who has any admiration, support them or wish to join them has never learned the basics of living a life that is of any value to themselves, their families or society.

While every time something happens and we learn ways to better deal with those incidences; the terrorists obviously are just creative and secretive enough to find other ways of attacking in places where they can do harm to unarmed, vulnerable, innocent victims. I do question what I feel was a lack of security for that music venue. But then, the fact that those guys were wearing explosive vests, just how effective more or armed security would have been is unknown. Obviously, the terrorists take advantage of the fact that reasonable, decent unarmed people don’t have the capacity to fight off a determined maniac who doesn’t care if he lives or dies.

The refugee crisis is another story and huge resources need to be put in place to control that situation. Unfortunately, these problems are extremely costly to deal with and our tax dollars can only go so far. The situation with illegal aliens entering our country from Mexico is not much different. It is not just a matter of keeping individuals out of our country; better laws are very much needed and must be enforced. I personally am against birthright citizenship. It is an antiquated idea and only encourages people to enter our country illegally or stay past legal time limits. We don’t have unlimited resources to allow every person enter and the ability of our society to absorb them is already stretched. I do believe in allowing people in for work purposes but not to stay permanently or become citizens without waiting a long period of time to prove that they are worthy of citizenship.

Our country must have ability to keep close track of aliens and immigrants. They must make sure that they are following our laws, working, paying taxes, learning English and making progress in assimilating into our society rather than breaking off into groups like gangs that separate themselves from what is viewed as normal, acceptable, law abiding, productive individuals in a modern, civilized society. I have worked with and am close to many people who are immigrants and my grandparents were immigrants as well. I do accounting for businesses who regularly must turn away illegal immigrants and who often give fake IDs that must be weeded out. My thoughts are very much influenced by personal experience.

Another area that we need to put much more money and effort into is making sure that all of our young men and women are educated, gain work related skills and have access to good jobs. Unfortunately, the United States is failing terribly when it comes to better funding of public schools, making college affordable and making sure that all of our children can become gainfully employed. When my parents were growing up, if they didn’t have the best grades or couldn’t afford to go to college, they had free access to trade school. Multiple, affordable education opportunities with paid internships, would benefit our children greatly. When young people are unable to work and support themselves, they loose themselves to drugs, despair and lawlessness and are vulnerable to evil elements who take advantage of them.

Thanks to all of you who have such caring and loving thoughts. I know I unloaded a lot of information here that has nothing to do with our lovely Adam, but the sharing of my mind here is very therapeutic.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Their should be no reason for Adam to cancel. These terrorist attacks generally dont attack famous ppl, as their is too much security. Its every day ppl they attack. Should be safe by the time Adams their.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

3ku1 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:45 pm wrote:Their should be no reason for Adam to cancel. These terrorist attacks generally dont attack famous ppl, as their is too much security. Its every day ppl they attack. Should be safe by the time Adams their.
3kul....I am sorry but I don't agree! To these terrorists, it doesn't matter whether you are famous or not. It didn't make any difference at Bataclan. Concerts include fans, so all are in danger. The Eagles of Death Metal were very fortunate to escape and that may have only been because they were at the back of the theatre to the terrorists coming in from the front and were able to get out before the terrorists could get to them. These terrorists don't differentiate between famous and non famous and you just don't know who they are. They are brutal killers.

Yes there would be a lot of security, but at the moment, I think it would be a wise choice to cancel the festival. As much as I love seeing Adam perform and the others, I would rather their safety come first.

This is just my opinion, but I think you underestimate the danger that there is out there right now.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

hotouthere » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:24 pm wrote:Like Marie, I have been glued to the TV and am terribly upset over that whole ordeal that happened in Paris. It is difficult to put to words everything that I am feeling. The death and suffering of those victims was absolutely senseless.

Personally, the radical beliefs, ideals and any suggestion that those savage criminals have anything worthwhile to offer me or society as a whole is beyond my comprehension. Anyone who has any admiration, support them or wish to join them has never learned the basics of living a life that is of any value to themselves, their families or society.

While every time something happens and we learn ways to better deal with those incidences; the terrorists obviously are just creative and secretive enough to find other ways of attacking in places where they can do harm to unarmed, vulnerable, innocent victims. I do question what I feel was a lack of security for that music venue. But then, the fact that those guys were wearing explosive vests, just how effective more or armed security would have been is unknown. Obviously, the terrorists take advantage of the fact that reasonable, decent unarmed people don’t have the capacity to fight off a determined maniac who doesn’t care if he lives or dies.

The refugee crisis is another story and huge resources need to be put in place to control that situation. Unfortunately, these problems are extremely costly to deal with and our tax dollars can only go so far. The situation with illegal aliens entering our country from Mexico is not much different. It is not just a matter of keeping individuals out of our country; better laws are very much needed and must be enforced. I personally am against birthright citizenship. It is an antiquated idea and only encourages people to enter our country illegally or stay past legal time limits. We don’t have unlimited resources to allow every person enter and the ability of our society to absorb them is already stretched. I do believe in allowing people in for work purposes but not to stay permanently or become citizens without waiting a long period of time to prove that they are worthy of citizenship.

Our country must have ability to keep close track of aliens and immigrants. They must make sure that they are following our laws, working, paying taxes, learning English and making progress in assimilating into our society rather than breaking off into groups like gangs that separate themselves from what is viewed as normal, acceptable, law abiding, productive individuals in a modern, civilized society. I have worked with and am close to many people who are immigrants and my grandparents were immigrants as well. I do accounting for businesses who regularly must turn away illegal immigrants and who often give fake IDs that must be weeded out. My thoughts are very much influenced by personal experience.

Another area that we need to put much more money and effort into is making sure that all of our young men and women are educated, gain work related skills and have access to good jobs. Unfortunately, the United States is failing terribly when it comes to better funding of public schools, making college affordable and making sure that all of our children can become gainfully employed. When my parents were growing up, if they didn’t have the best grades or couldn’t afford to go to college, they had free access to trade school. Multiple, affordable education opportunities with paid internships, would benefit our children greatly. When young people are unable to work and support themselves, they loose themselves to drugs, despair and lawlessness and are vulnerable to evil elements who take advantage of them.

Thanks to all of you who have such caring and loving thoughts. I know I unloaded a lot of information here that has nothing to do with our lovely Adam, but the sharing of my mind here is very therapeutic.
With what happened Friday night, they would have had to have a lot of security outside and inside to have maybe stopped the atrocity and most places only have security to make sure the fans don't cause trouble and to protect the band from the fans so I don't question the lack of security. You can't even blame the security that keep an eye on suspected terrorists, since the number of terrorists is in the thousands and they just don't have the manpower to cover them all. It was said on TV today that it takes 20 agents altogether to cover 1 person 24/7 and as you said they are very secretive and creative and this is what is so hard to fight.

ETA.......Unload all you want. This is what this thread is for and it makes us all feel better to do that. ::huggy::
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

3ku1 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:45 pm wrote:Their should be no reason for Adam to cancel. These terrorist attacks generally dont attack famous ppl, as their is too much security. Its every day ppl they attack. Should be safe by the time Adams their.

I disagree with you very strongly. As a native New Yorker, all shades of 911 are hitting me terribly this weekend. I am having a rough time of things as many others are too. A music festival on Thursday seems trite in light of what has happened in Paris imo.

As far as "famous" people not being attacked...I would say the French and German soccer teams are pretty famous. And there WAS security at the stadium. Probably more so that the President of France would be in attendance. We all know how well that worked.

Another reason why the festival "might" be cancelled imo, is that France will be shoulder deep in sad, sad funerals. Hardly anyone would be in a mood to go sing and rock out at a music festival I would imagine.

I will and do give Madonna major props for performing in Stockholm last night. Thanks Hriticka for posting it. The tears flowed for me as I watched it. She was right. We should not let the terrorists scare us from living. But, and this is a huge but, she was not performing in Paris. There is a difference for me. If she had a Paris show, I believe she would be forced to have had to cancel it. It is just too soon for Paris right now.

911 also caused NYC to halt all entertainment too. No one was in the mood for any of that. Eventually it all came back, but it was definitely not in a time frame of 6 days. Which is when this music festival is supposed to be.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Carmi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:54 pm wrote:
3ku1 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:45 pm wrote:Their should be no reason for Adam to cancel. These terrorist attacks generally dont attack famous ppl, as their is too much security. Its every day ppl they attack. Should be safe by the time Adams their.

I disagree with you very strongly. As a native New Yorker, all shades of 911 are hitting me terribly this weekend. I am having a rough time of things as many others are too. A music festival on Thursday seems trite in light of what has happened in Paris imo.

As far as "famous" people not being attacked...I would say the French and German soccer teams are pretty famous. And there WAS security at the stadium. Probably more so that the President of France would be in attendance. We all know how well that worked.

Another reason why the festival "might" be cancelled imo, is that France will be shoulder deep in sad, sad funerals. Hardly anyone would be in a mood to go sing and rock out at a music festival I would imagine.

I will and do give Madonna major props for performing in Stockholm last night. Thanks Hriticka for posting it. The tears flowed for me as I watched it. She was right. We should not let the terrorists scare us from living. But, and this is a huge but, she was not performing in Paris. There is a difference for me. If she had a Paris show, I believe she would be forced to have had to cancel it. It is just too soon for Paris right now.

911 also caused NYC to halt all entertainment too. No one was in the mood for any of that. Eventually it all came back, but it was definitely not in a time frame of 6 days. Which is when this music festival is supposed to be.
Well said Carmi. I totally agree. Although I live in Canada, I am not that far away from New York, and like you this brought all the memories of 911 back with a force.

However, I just read in the Adam related tweet thread, that they are opening all the museums, going ahead with concerts etc. tomorrow. I know life has to go on, but to me, these things should stay closed, as a show of respect for the families who are facing days of funerals. Like you said, the majority of people will not be in the mood for that right now. It's just too soon. :(
Paula

Post by Paula »

Does this mean that the show is canceled? http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snsalm

SureFireWinner ♏ · @rainierstar
16th Nov 2015 from TwitLonger

Translation of this page http://www.radiofg.com/news/attentats-%C3%A0-paris-459: Due to the national mourning decreed by the authorities consecutively to the attacks that hit Paris, RadioFG took the decision to change its program in order to respect the dignity and the contemplation of the families of the victims and injured with a programming musical deep - house & lounge throughout the weekend RadioFG team presents its most heartfelt condolences to all the families affected by this tragedy.

All our thoughts go to the wounded, and to relatives.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

I think that means that the radio station changed its broadcast programming to reflect the national sense of mourning. Nothing about the concert.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Hey guys ::flowers::

It has been very sad to watch the Paris attack & the aftermath for sure ::unsure::

Especially with todays' events in Syria .......so much to be worried about ::unsure::

Today I had a few happy Grand Kiddie type activities ::wub::

Which gave me joy ::wub::

As much as we all want & need to keep informed.....

Walk away from the TV for a bit.....take a little break ::wub::

Try to keep a balance to the sadness.....with some joy ::wub::

I can't help but think.....love & peace will win .....

Keep the faith guys......sending out love & peace to you all ::wub::

Stay watchful & safe ::huggy::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Boy its just my opinion. I see no.threat to Adam at all. Yes Famous ppl.can be targeted. My point is with.tight security. Where Adam well be i.dont think he well.be a target at all. The danger should of ceased.

Return to “Let's Talk!”