***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Paula » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:39 am wrote:My grandmother is from England, and immigrated over here to Canada when she was 19. My mom was at her place one night last week, helping her out with laundry, and they were watching TV while they were waiting for the laundry to be done. They saw Donald Trump on TV and immediately my grandmother started to laugh. My mom asked her what she was laughing about, and my grandmother said, "Do you know what Trump means in England? It means fart." ::haha:: So, in England? His name is Donald Fart! ::hysterical::

Cute story Paula ::flowers::

and....very fitting for The Donald !!! ::crylaugh::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
Moonlightchiara

Post by Moonlightchiara »

Paula » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:39 am wrote:My grandmother is from England, and immigrated over here to Canada when she was 19. My mom was at her place one night last week, helping her out with laundry, and they were watching TV while they were waiting for the laundry to be done. They saw Donald Trump on TV and immediately my grandmother started to laugh. My mom asked her what she was laughing about, and my grandmother said, "Do you know what Trump means in England? It means fart." ::haha:: So, in England? His name is Donald Fart! ::hysterical::
Love it!
Aviddem

Post by Aviddem »

Paula » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:39 am wrote:My grandmother is from England, and immigrated over here to Canada when she was 19. My mom was at her place one night last week, helping her out with laundry, and they were watching TV while they were waiting for the laundry to be done. They saw Donald Trump on TV and immediately my grandmother started to laugh. My mom asked her what she was laughing about, and my grandmother said, "Do you know what Trump means in England? It means fart." ::haha:: So, in England? His name is Donald Fart! ::hysterical::
His dad was the fart. He is the pile of sh!t that resulted from that fart. ::nauseous::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

What a great idea... Christmas gift????

"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

OK, I'm off to bed.... Tomorrow is the last U.S. radio show, then we get a two weeks break...

After that, make sure you have an ample supply of Red Bull!!!!

New Year's Eve and January are going to be sleepless!!!!! ::friendsLOL::
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Between being busy with work and the time zone difference, the whole Japan, Australia, middle east, etc leg of the tour will be impossible for me to join in on a live basis and maybe not at all. I will have to go back and view the videos next summer! ::cryblownose::

European TOH is in at a slower part of the year workwise but in the middle of the day for me. I can only listen to a stream while working...won't have time to watch Periscopes until I get home. I should really just plan on seeing him live somewhere again when the tour gets back to the states. ::smile::

Sorry in advance if I am MIA most of the time from January to April! ::cryingbye::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

hotouthere » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:32 am wrote:Between being busy with work and the time zone difference, the whole Japan, Australia, middle east, etc leg of the tour will be impossible for me to join in on a live basis and maybe not at all. I will have to go back and view the videos next summer! ::cryblownose::

European TOH is in at a slower part of the year workwise but in the middle of the day for me. I can only listen to a stream while working...won't have time to watch Periscopes until I get home. I should really just plan on seeing him live somewhere again when the tour gets back to the states. ::smile::

Sorry in advance if I am MIA most of the time from January to April! ::cryingbye::
Let me guess... You're an accountant! ::haha::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I have created the 6 new threads for 2016. Only those 6 threads actually have a 'year' attached to them to make it easier for us to find stuff down the road.

They are currently locked. I'll be unlocking them at midnight on January 1st, 2016, the year of the TOH Tour... Best buckle up, my friends. Get lots of rest until then, stock up on Red Bull, coz it's going to be a wild ride!!!!

::grouphug::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

... and now I've created all the sub-forums we will need for 2016 (and the transfer of 2015 threads to the archives)....

I feel so accomplished! ::highfive::
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

madamimadam » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:04 pm wrote:
hotouthere » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:32 am wrote:Between being busy with work and the time zone difference, the whole Japan, Australia, middle east, etc leg of the tour will be impossible for me to join in on a live basis and maybe not at all. I will have to go back and view the videos next summer! ::cryblownose::

Let me guess... You're an accountant! ::haha::
I didn't have to say so....just left it up to you and our other super sleuths to figure it out! ::thumbup::
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

Don't go, Rose! Don't go! ::huggy::

Pop in now and again!
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

sandyrk » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:09 pm wrote:Don't go, Rose! Don't go! ::huggy::

Pop in now and again!
Don't worry, I'll stop by as much as possible. ::hello:: It just won't be when Adam is performing. ::sad::

It's just difficult to come on the forum when I feel like this ::wacko:: after about 11 hours of work looking at a computer screen every day for 2 1/2 months straight starting in February. January I am busy as well but at least I am not working on weekends.
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

I feel your pain, Rose. I've been working a lot of night meetings on top of the 9-6 in the office and the hour commute each way. My peak of fatigue comes this Sunday with a big church choir performance of Lessons and Carols which is actually bigger than Cristmas.
I'm not a singer but I give my time to the church choir. I'm not a singer by any means, but I can read music and sing in a choir. I roll my eyes when the "divas" who sing in 3 or 4 classical music groups interrupt to say "how do we find that g at measure 40", when the answer is to listen to the g the organ plays at measure 39.
So my downtime is definitely the last week of this year. Heading to the beach on the West Coast, even though the temperatures on the East Coast are crazy warm.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

donnamb » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:42 pm wrote:I feel your pain, Rose. I've been working a lot of night meetings on top of the 9-6 in the office and the hour commute each way. My peak of fatigue comes this Sunday with a big church choir performance of Lessons and Carols which is actually bigger than Cristmas.
I'm not a singer but I give my time to the church choir. I'm not a singer by any means, but I can read music and sing in a choir. I roll my eyes when the "divas" who sing in 3 or 4 classical music groups interrupt to say "how do we find that g at measure 40", when the answer is to listen to the g the organ plays at measure 39.
So my downtime is definitely the last week of this year. Heading to the beach on the West Coast, even though the temperatures on the East Coast are crazy warm.
My issue is that I have to work all those hours to make up for lack of hours the rest of the year. When the economy went down, most of our construction clients who used to keep me busy all year, went out of business and have never recovered. Individual tax preparation is the only area that we can depend on. On the plus side, I only have a 5 minute commute!

I avoid extracurricular activities as much as possible like church! I do serve as a treasurer for a fraternal organization but we have so few members in my city that we only get together a few times a year. I am also on a bowling league one night a week.
MicheleDE

Post by MicheleDE »

Love2Lurk » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:30 pm wrote:This was just on iHeart FB.....

Here's Why Drake's 'Hotline Bling' Didn't Get Any Grammy Love

Drizzy Drake's had one hell of a year, particularly due to the overwhelming success of "Hotline Bling." However, the hip hop heavyweight won't see any mention of the hit at the 2016 Grammy Awards because it wasn't nominated in any categories and that snub can be credited to his label, Cash Money Records.
Industry website Hits Daily Double reported that the song wasn't nominated for any categories because of a "clerical error on the part of label Cash Money." Somewhere in Toronto, the MC is probably fuming. While other snubs like Carly Rae Jepsen and Lana Del Rey (likely) didn't score any nods because of a lack of committee votes, it appears like Drizzy's mishap was due to straight up negligence. "That huge hit might well have been a multiple-category contender but for this goof," HHD reported.

However, Drake did receive some Grammy love in several other categories, including Best Rap Song ("Energy"), Best Rap Album (If You're Reading This It's Too Late), Best Rap Performance ("Back To Back") ("Truffle Butter alongside Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne) and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration ("Only" alongside Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne and Chris Brown).

Still, we're sure that the "clerical error" probably has Drizzy kicking himself.

Read more: http://news.iheart.com/articles/trendin ... z3tria75fQ
IMO that Hotline Bling song is pure crap, and I hate it.

I really cannot for the life of me understand first of all, why people have to make disgusting songs, but if they do, how it can become popular and nominated for a grammy.... have you checked UD for Truffle Butter? that is probably one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard of. Plus I don't like any of the artists on that one. GROSS
and really, if you have a label called "cash money" ... I wouldn't trust them as far as I could spit.

Thanks for the info, though :)

So what do you guys think Adam needs to do to get a freaking nom? I think they're always going to keep him out of the "club." ::livid:: For a song to be a hit, it HAS to be played on the radio DURING THE DAYTIME HOURS when people are at work, on their drive to and from work, etc. and not ONLY at 3am (like my station only plays Adam's songs). Then if people can hear the songs, usually it takes several times, then they'll go "hey I like that song" and they'll have it in their heads, and singing it and requesting it and buying it. Then you gotta have Adam sing the song on high-profile TV shows with large audiences. Give the song some ads on tv. And yes, he needs to have a PR person in the US - obviously UK works completely differently (and that promo was crap there).

idk it's been 6 years and everyone knows Adam has an amazing voice, and he got the best songwriting team around these days, so what's the problem? Somewhere there's a HUGE problem or two.
(sorry for late reply, just catching up)
High Drama
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

MicheleDE » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:37 am wrote:
So what do you guys think Adam needs to do to get a freaking nom? I think they're always going to keep him out of the "club." ::livid:: For a song to be a hit, it HAS to be played on the radio DURING THE DAYTIME HOURS when people are at work, on their drive to and from work, etc. and not ONLY at 3am (like my station only plays Adam's songs). Then if people can hear the songs, usually it takes several times, then they'll go "hey I like that song" and they'll have it in their heads, and singing it and requesting it and buying it. Then you gotta have Adam sing the song on high-profile TV shows with large audiences. Give the song some ads on tv. And yes, he needs to have a PR person in the US - obviously UK works completely differently (and that promo was crap there).

idk it's been 6 years and everyone knows Adam has an amazing voice, and he got the best songwriting team around these days, so what's the problem? Somewhere there's a HUGE problem or two.
(sorry for late reply, just catching up)
For getting a Grammy nom/win you have to be a critics darling or have a huge hit album/song or both. Or you have to be kind of a legend long overdue - like Beck last year.

I think WBM did a good job to get Adam back on radio, GT was a decent success and we have to see what happens with ALN next year. Unfortunately ALN is not doing great in thoses countries where GT was a hit but WBM reacted very fast - releasing TOH in Australia.

And while DMG did a good job increasing Adams fame in different countries all over the world with appearances on TV shows and events I am less impressed with their work in the US. They were not able to increase his profile as a popstar there. Adam was not part of any of the Awards shows or - like you said - high-profile TV show. I do not want to go into comparisons but we have seen what a kickass management can do for even mediocre artists.

I am just happy that GT made an impact enough here in Germany (although with just half of the promo the song got in the UK it would have been a smash here, managed to get Gold with just decent radio support!) that Adam will be touring and I am able to see him live with his own songs after 5 years!

Adam has said he is happy with his team and what they have achieved so perhaps he has adjusted his goals and what he wants. And probably we as fans should do the same.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I love my grandchildren! I really do!!!! But babysitting on a Saturday morning at 7:30 and while the 80s Talk Show is on, is killing me!!!!

I am so parking them in front of the TV with one of their shows... Babysitting 101!!! ::hysterical::
"It is what it is!"
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

I hear ya...Marie ::thumbup:: ::haha::

as for an Adam nom......IDK ::thinking::

From the little I have read....it seems to be political to me......

Some of .....TPTB....that vote.....favor on artist or company over another.....

Probably due to ...if that artist is making money for them in some way.....

via either.....the streaming company...or Radio company or something like that....

I am convinced it has nothing to do with talent......sadly ::noexpression:: ::crying::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

::hysterical:: ::hysterical:: ::hysterical::

mmadamimadamm 49m49 minutes ago
mmadamimadamm Retweeted Joe
ROFLMAO! mmadamimadamm added,
Embedded image permalink
Joe @joe_cadman
The UK top 40 looks like it's arguing with itself