"The Original High" Album

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Interesting that Adam didn't write on "Shame" or "These Boys". I would have thought those were his for sure.
marlock276

Post by marlock276 »

I'm sure this will change as time goes by, but right now I keep going back to:

The Original High
Evil in the Night
Another Lonely Night
Lucy
There I Said It
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

barb4Adam » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:34 pm wrote:Songwriting credits for The Original High (album):
01. Ghost Town:
Adam Lambert, Martin 'Max M
1. Ghost Town: Adam Lambert, Martin 'Max Martin' Sandberg, Sterling 'Brandon Lowry' Fox, Ali Payami, Tobias Karlsson

02. The Original High: Adam Lambert, Andreas 'Axident' Schuller, John West, Karl 'Shellback' Schuster, Savan Kotecha, Mattias 'Mattman' Larsson, Robin Fredriksson, Joe Janiak

03. Another Lonely Night: Adam Lambert, Martin 'Max Martin' Sandberg, Sterling 'Brandon Lowry' Fox, Ali Payami

04. Underground: Ali Payami, Joe Janiak

05. There I Said It: Adam Lambert, Ali Payami, Joe Janiak

06. Rumors: Adam Lambert, Tove 'Lo' Nilsson, Oscar Görres, Karl 'Shellback' Schuster

07. Evil In The Night: Adam Lambert, Savan Kotecha, Oscar Holter, Sterling 'Brandon Lowry' Fox, Ali Payami, Karl 'Shellback' Schuster

08. Lucy: Adam Lambert, Ali Payami, Freja Blomberg, Fredrik Samsson

09. Things I Didn't Say: Adam Lambert, Savan Kotecha, Oscar Holter, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Mitch Allan

10. The Light: Linus 'Style of Eye' Eklöw, Tiffany Amber, Jimmy 'Svidden' Koitzsch, Lukas Loules

11. Heavy Fire: Adam Lambert, Linus 'Style of Eye' Eklöw, Jimmy 'Svidden' Koitzsch, Anton Rundberg, Hampus Norlander, Joakim Jarl, Elin Blom, Julia Karlsson

12. After Hours: Adam Lambert, Andreas Schuller, John West

13. Shame: Tobias Karlsson, James Alan

14. These Boys: Tobias Karlsson, James Alan
http://tl.gd/n_1smkkvn

Thanks for posting this Barb.....

I would just love for....There I said It....get some recognition....

Just because....it is so Adam ...IMO ::wub:: ::heart:: ::thumbup::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

Two reviews just in: the first from the notoriously hard-to-please Guardian, and one that suggests its history-challenged reviewer didn't listen very closely to the album:
Adam Lambert does not deal in subtleties. The 2008 American Idol runner-up stormed on to the pop landscape in platform boots, glistening eye makeup and a glossily camp sound to match. On this third studio album, he’s ditched his former label’s plans for a collection of 1980s cover songs in favour of a bouncy journey through a few of the current pop-house revival’s most predictable motifs. His signature wailing vocal sounds as powerful as ever, though benefits from the odd use of restraint while songs such as The Original High and Lucy build to their fist-pumping climaxes. Songwriting producers Max Martin and Shellback – behind hits like Taylor Swift’s Bad Blood, Ariana Grande’s Problem and Lambert’s own 2009 single Whataya Want From Me – harness their hit-making skills to full effect throughout, opting for thumping basslines, earworm melodies and the slightly tired concept of love as a metaphorical drug. Turn it up before hitting the club, but look elsewhere for lyrical creativity.
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/j ... se-journey

Still, 3/5 stars. ::smile::

Newsday, in contrast, has given the album an A- !! ::yessss::
It's no surprise really that Adam Lambert left "American Idol" with a messed-up sense of how best to use his amazing voice. Like most singing competitions, that show values long, towering notes above all else.

The rest of the world? Not so much.

On "The Original High" (Warner Bros.), Lambert figures that out -- in part thanks to his touring run with Queen and teaming up with Swedish super-producers Max Martin and Shellback, who helmed his hit "Whataya Want From Me." And the results are spectacular.

It's not that Lambert eliminates the big notes entirely, he just uses them more sparingly and to better effect. They become the crowning glory of the lovely ballad "There I Said It," the calling card of the funk-guitar-driven "Evil in the Night."

However, it's the mix of stripped-down rock and dance music, which powers the charming first single "Ghost Town" and the groovy Kylie-influenced title track, where Lambert really makes his mark.

On the Disclosure-like "Things I Didn't Say," Lambert positions himself as the American Sam Smith, with power to spare in his soaring high notes. That's right where he belongs.
http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/mu ... 1.10533557

Don't agree with the Sam Smith comparison, but I'll take it in the benevolent spirit in which it was no doubt intended ::smile::
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

A P.S. to the above: it's just our luck that the Guardian review will count for the Metacritic score, while the more glowing Newsday review won't! ::livid::

Such is life!

And at least the Guardian is consistent: they gave Trespassing three stars as well. Newsday, on the other hand, gave TP a B+.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

I don't agree with the SS comparison either ::rolleyes::

Adam was on the scene first.....SS is the British Adam Lambert ::rolleyes:: ::laughing::

Anyway....wishing SS well.....we haven't heard him since his vocal surgery....so hoping all is well with his voice ::flowers::

Also....most fans don't keep up with the reviews....most won't even see these....

I know the music business is looking very closely ....

Such is life ....agree ::flowers::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
nica575

Post by nica575 »

Love2Lurk » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:01 pm wrote:I don't agree with the SS comparison either ::rolleyes::

Adam was on the scene first.....SS is the British Adam Lambert ::rolleyes:: ::laughing::

Anyway....wishing SS well.....we haven't heard him since his vocal surgery....so hoping all is well with his voice ::flowers::

Also....most fans don't keep up with the reviews....most won't even see these....

LOL! ::hysterical:: that was funny!
But they probably did mean it as a compliment, although for me comparing the nasal, depressing SS sound to the clear, optimistic AL sound is quite annoying...

my absolute favs: TOH, EITN, TISI, AH
my least favs: Rumors, Lucy (love Dr. Bri's guitar, but too little of it and too muffled behind production for me)

overall - LOVE THE ALBUM! ::heart:: No skippers at all, which is the first for me: WWFM on FYE and BTIKM, NCOE, BE on TP were all skippers....

I am getting all psyched for NYC events! Hope to get to B&N and GMA.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Claudia ‏@Mountainflowr 41m41 minutes ago
@MixPhiladelphia @adamlambert yes yes yes!

::haha::
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

Look what I had in my mail today... ::spaz:: ::spaz:: ::spaz:: ::woohoo:: ::woohoo:: ::woohoo::
P1000728.JPG
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

infinite » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:14 am wrote:Look what I had in my mail today... ::spaz:: ::spaz:: ::spaz:: ::woohoo:: ::woohoo:: ::woohoo::
P1000728.JPG

Yayyyyy 4U ::clap:: ::clapbig:: ::wootdance:: ::woohoo:: ::banana:: ::wheee::

::mrsbeasley:: me me me me .....over here....I want mine !!!! ::laughing:: ::laughing::
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

Love2Lurk » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:01 am wrote:I don't agree with the SS comparison either ::rolleyes::

Hi: You're probably right that few members of the public, let alone Adam's fans, bother reading these reviews. It was still nice, though, to see the glowing Newsday review as the first item on my Yahoo page today ::smile:: Interestingly, Adele's 21 received the same score (A-) from the same reviewer back in 2011---and actually received half a star less than TOH from AllMusic. (Rolling Stone, on the other hand, gave her three and half stars.) That didn't stop her from winning Grammys for the album, though, so you never know!

I'm with Nica575 in finding nothing skip-worthy on TOH ::thumbsup:: That definitely wasn't the case with FYE! Like Nica, it also took me a while to appreciate WWFM (sacrilege, I know!), and I never did care much for Strut or Sure Fire Winners. It wasn't instant love for me with a few of the tracks on Trespassing either---much as I quickly came to regard that album as a work of art.

I don't skip anything on TOH, because as Vista pointed out in that memorable post of hers upthread, there are "so many different flavors, melodies, lyrics and sounds" here---while somehow the whole thing remains cohesive---that the listening experience never palls for a moment. As a lover of great voices, I'm constantly astounded by Adam's neverending box of vocal tricks---though "tricks" is really the wrong word, as there's nothing gimmicky about the magic he weaves here. "There I Said It" and "The Original High" are perfect examples of this, though what he achieves on much lighter fare such as "Shame" (which I couldn't stop singing in front of my curious students today while setting up the PowerPoint ::haha::) and "These Boys" isn't to be sneezed at either.

It's already my favourite of Adam's three albums (but don't worry, Trespassing: I still love you!) ::heart::
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Adam Lambert Pics ‏@adamlambert_pic
Great 4 stars review of 'The Original High' from Dagens industri [Sweden], June 12, 2015: http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-yLs6h ... end-36.png

songs to kill for ::clapbig:: is the headline
no time to translate atm its a financial newspaper
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

"Hrithika » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:59 pm"
Nice to see!! No doubt this review has helped the album climb to its current #21 on Swedish iTunes too ::grin::
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

I am so loving....These Boys !!!! ::wub::

So hoping this song becomes a single....so catchy ::wub::

I finally know the song that it reminds me of....my daughter had it on in her car today....

Rusted Root - Send Me On My Way

I know it is not exactly like Adam's song....of which I am glad....

However....it just has the same vibe as Adam's ....These Boys !!!

Anyway....love These Boys....and the tone & melody of the song ::wub:: ::thumbsup::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

madamimadam » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:27 pm wrote:THE ORIGINAL HIGH
http://adamlambertmtt.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=120

blakkrrox Jun 10
OZ berts: For your purchases to all count on the Aria charts, u can buy a max. amt of THREE #TOH CDs during one transaction.

NoSilverNoGold Jun 11
Ok!! So I'm going to do the thing we did last album! If you wanna send $$ to promote Adam's new album I will buy as many CD's as I get $ for

NoSilverNoGold Jun 11
...at every Walmart, Barnes & Noble & CD store in NYC on Tuesday, June 16th! I will then be giving them to people at the iheartshow & other

NoSilverNoGold Jun 11
...radio, etc events to people who wouldn't normally afford it or think to buy it. Please DM me if you want my paypal. Let's get TOH to #1!!

LambertMusic411 23h23 hours ago
BUYING GUIDE for @adamlambert's #TheOriginalHigh - List of US places to preorder/buy with prices & direct order links http://requestadamlambert.com/buying/

adamlambert_pic Jun 11
Songwriting credits for The Original High (album): 01. Ghost Town: Adam Lambert, Martin 'Max Martin' (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1smkkvn

lilybop2010 22h22 hours ago
#TheOriginalHigh Tracklist w/ Song Writing Credits is NOT accurate!
http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/adam-l ... igh-album/ … …
Example: Heavy Fire: http://www.warnerchappell.com/song-deta ... 0482163000

lilybop2010 22h22 hours ago
.@josepvinaixa Your writing credits for Adam Lambert's The Original High are inaccurate. eg Adam wrote on Heavy Fire:
http://www.warnerchappell.com/song-deta ... 0482163000

lilybop2010 21h21 hours ago
@SusieFierce @coptoit @6thsenseplus That blogger already fixed 2 writing credits. I don't trust him re the others! Please see my tweets.

LambritsUK 4h4 hours ago
BBC Radio 2 did count both "Ghost Town" & "Lucy" by Adam Lambert as spins this afternoon - thks @TwizzyUK for info http://comparemyradio.com/artists/Adam_Lambert

AdamLambertBE 24m24 minutes ago
One more treat on album release day: @AdamLambert's #TheOriginalHigh will also have a #vinyl release on August 21st http://www.bol.com/nl/p/the-original-hi ... 0045462761

MetrosourceMag 17m17 minutes ago
Screw it, #HighWeekend starts now. We're too excited about @adamlambert's #TheOriginalHigh to wait. Let's start. http://bit.ly/1IszAfR

TALCvids 10h10 hours ago
TALCvids retweeted mmyy9
Amazing compilation of information!!

mmyy9 @mmyy9
iTunes Release Dates & Links spreadsheet for TOH albums, songs, GT mv & EP has been updated:

"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

DerekMcG » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:02 pm wrote:"Hrithika » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:59 pm"
Nice to see!! No doubt this review has helped the album climb to its current #21 on Swedish iTunes too ::grin::
::roll:: ::roll:: ::roll::
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

Love2Lurk » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:15 am wrote:I am so loving....These Boys !!!! ::wub::

So hoping this song becomes a single....so catchy ::wub::

I finally know the song that it reminds me of....my daughter had it on in her car today....

Rusted Root - Send Me On My Way

I know it is not exactly like Adam's song....of which I am glad....

However....it just has the same vibe as Adam's ....These Boys !!!

Anyway....love These Boys....and the tone & melody of the song ::wub:: ::thumbsup::
I know what you mean about the two songs sharing a similar vibe, but I'm relieved that These Boys has a different melody ::smile:: Wouldn't want the songwriters to be accused of plagiarism!

I can't get These Boys out of my head either ::grin:: and I'm now convinced that this song would smash on radio. It's addictive as hell, it's brimming over with Adam's winning personality (great phrasing!!), and it never fails to make me smile.

The other three I can't get out of my head at the moment are Shame, Rumours, and The Original High. Initially, I wasn't so keen on Rumours, but it's crept up on me ::smile::

If I had my way, though, the next three singles would be (in this order): TOH, These Boys, and Evil in the Night. Of course, TOH and These Boys, in particular, cry out for a summer release...
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

P.S. Does it really matter in this day and age if an album's bonus track is released as a single? I know it has happened in the past (didn't Katy Perry do it, for example?), and, besides, the deluxe version of TOH is the one that most people are buying. In fact, I think in the case of the UK, it's only the deluxe version that's being sold there.
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

Apparently, I'm in a vacuum - I love The Light.
Must be my prog rock background. Electronics do work for me as long as the vocals kick in tool
MsDorenaS

Post by MsDorenaS »

donnamb » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:24 pm wrote:Apparently, I'm in a vacuum - I love The Light.
Must be my prog rock background. Electronics do work for me as long as the vocals kick in tool
The Light is in my top 5 at the moment. It changes all the time but The Light is staying up there.

TOH
The Light
Heavy Fire
Underground
Rumors
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to Adam Music Archives on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:09 pm by madamimadam

Moved from Adam Music Archives to 2015 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:30 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2015 Adam Music”