***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

3ku1 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:22 pm wrote:Not to get hopes up. But I am pretty confident Adam well get at least one Grammy nomination. I think Best Pop Vocal Album maybe the best shot.
Totally agree with you. ::grin::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I'll take one nomination in any category and be over the moon... of course, if there is more than one... this board might expire when the fees are due coz I'll be dead!

::icant::
"It is what it is!"
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Hey Ghost Town was an unexpected hit. Most people I hear or know love GT, but had no idea that was Adam. That's Adam Lambert? And they are happy for him, I don't know because of how different he is, but they know his huge talent. So if their is a song on US Pop Radio this year that could be a darkhorse for song of the year or record of the year, it is Ghost Town imo. But watch this space.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

vistadiva » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:35 pm wrote:
3ku1 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:22 pm wrote:Not to get hopes up. But I am pretty confident Adam well get at least one Grammy nomination. I think Best Pop Vocal Album maybe the best shot.

Me three...I agree & would be over then happy ::clap:: ::clap:: ::clap::

I will be away this week for RL stuff.....I will be lurking tho ::stealth:: ::hello::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Love2Lurk » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:26 pm wrote:
vistadiva » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:35 pm wrote:

Me three...I agree & would be over then happy ::clap:: ::clap:: ::clap::

I will be away this week for RL stuff.....I will be lurking tho ::stealth:: ::hello::
I hope it's "good" RL stuff.... We'll be here when you get back! ::huggy::
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Not to sound dumb or anything ::ninja:: , but does the label do the submissions for the Grammy?

How does that work? We probably discussed this when he got nominated for WWFM, but I forgot ::tongue::
Paula

Post by Paula »

I think you may be right!
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:41 pm wrote:Not to sound dumb or anything ::ninja:: , but does the label do the submissions for the Grammy?

How does that work? We probably discussed this when he got nominated for WWFM, but I forgot ::tongue::
Yes, the label submits whatever they want from the artists they choose. Then it's put to a vote by the members of the Academy... Nominations are announced in December.

https://www.grammy.org/recording-academ ... ng-process
"It is what it is!"
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

svca » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:41 pm wrote:Not to sound dumb or anything ::ninja:: , but does the label do the submissions for the Grammy?

This will answer alot of ???

Link: https://www.grammy.org/recording-academ ... ocess/faqs

GRAMMY.ORG

Voting Process FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions about the Voting Process
What's the difference between an entry and a nomination?
What are the eligibility requirements?
How are recordings entered?
Who can vote?
Who qualifies as a Voting Member?
How many GRAMMY categories are there?
How are categories changed or added?
What is the difference between Record Of The Year and Song Of The Year?
Are there vote solicitation guidelines?
What's the difference between an entry and a nomination?
The Recording Academy receives over 20,000 entries per year. Entries are recordings submitted for GRAMMY consideration. Entries that meet all eligibility requirements are then voted on by The Academy's Voting Members, and the results of that vote are the nominations.

What are the eligibility requirements?
For the 58th Annual GRAMMY Awards, albums must be released between Oct. 1, 2014 and Sept. 30, 2015. Recordings must be commercially released in general distribution in the United States, i.e. sales by label to a branch or recognized independent distributor, via the Internet, or mail order/retail sales for a nationally marketed product. Recordings must be available for sale from any date within the eligibility period through at least the date of the current year’s voting deadline (final ballot).

How are recordings entered?
The Academy accepts entries online from its members and from registered media companies. Entrants are provided information on how to submit their recordings electronically for consideration.

Who can vote?
Recording Academy Voting Members only. Media companies do not vote.

Who qualifies as a Voting Member?
Recording Academy Voting Members are professionals with creative or technical credits on at least six commercially released tracks (or their equivalent). These may include vocalists, conductors, songwriters, composers, engineers, producers, instrumentalists, arrangers, art directors, album notes writers, narrators, and music video artists and technicians.

How many GRAMMY categories are there?
There are currently 30 fields (General, pop, gospel, classical, etc.) and 83 categories within those fields.

How are categories changed or added?
Proposals for changes to the categories are reviewed each year by The Academy's Awards & Nominations Committee, with final approval by The Academy's Trustees. Proposals may be submitted by any member. Contact the Awards department for more information.

What is the difference between Record Of The Year and Song Of The Year?
The Record Of The Year category recognizes the artist’s performance as well as the overall contributions of the producer(s), recording engineer(s) and/or mixer(s) if other than the artist. The Song Of The Year category recognizes the songwriter(s).
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

Warner never misses a chance to promote him - right?
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

donnamb » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:58 pm wrote:Warner never misses a chance to promote him - right?
Nope! I was so happy that they put him in for at least 5 categories (they were not all listed in the article). TSP was never submitted for anything, AFAIK....
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Thanks for the answer, guys!

Watching how Warner promotes him, I can definitely see that they called him immediately after he left RCA. They sure act like they truly appreciate him.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

I just wanna rag about Ticketbastard and their ridiculous system for presales!! Pure torture to get tickets for Adam's Wilkes-Barre show. AND, being the great Grandma that I am, I'm gonna have to go thru this all again next week for 5 Seconds of Summer tix for my granddaughter.

LMAO...cause I had to sign up for their fan club and buy their album to get presale rights for the tour. (My Grand is only 10). Her birthday is coming up...and she's like a Glambert...only for 5 SOS. Tix to see them will mean more to her than the Ipad I just ordered for her ::rofl::

OK...rant over!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Again.... he is sooooooooooooooooooooooo avoiding the Glastonbury question.... They've got this, guys!!!!!
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

vistadiva » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:30 pm wrote:I just wanna rag about Ticketbastard and their ridiculous system for presales!! Pure torture to get tickets for Adam's Wilkes-Barre show. AND, being the great Grandma that I am, I'm gonna have to go thru this all again next week for 5 Seconds of Summer tix for my granddaughter.

LMAO...cause I had to sign up for their fan club and buy their album to get presale rights for the tour. (My Grand is only 10). Her birthday is coming up...and she's like a Glambert...only for 5 SOS. Tix to see them will mean more to her than the Ipad I just ordered for her ::rofl::

OK...rant over!
AWWWWW! You're such a good grandma!!!!!!
"It is what it is!"
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

madamimadam » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:30 pm wrote:Again.... he is sooooooooooooooooooooooo avoiding the Glastonbury question.... They've got this, guys!!!!!
I posted that in one of the threads ages ago....it's a lock. Someone leaked it. And..it is sold out....sold out in 30 minutes....over 135,000 tickets.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

vistadiva » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:37 pm wrote:
madamimadam » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:30 pm wrote:Again.... he is sooooooooooooooooooooooo avoiding the Glastonbury question.... They've got this, guys!!!!!
I posted that in one of the threads ages ago....it's a lock. Someone leaked it. And..it is sold out....sold out in 30 minutes....over 135,000 tickets.
Really? Do you have a link?
"It is what it is!"
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

madamimadam » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:39 pm wrote:
But of course....although the lineup has not been published yet.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news/
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Glastonbury been locked in for a year imo. Only reason this year diddnt, because Adam.was not.available.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

vistadiva » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:41 pm wrote:
madamimadam » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:39 pm wrote:
But of course....although the lineup has not been published yet.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news/
No, I meant a link to the leak? ::friendsLOL::
"It is what it is!"

Return to “Let's Talk!”