***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

3ku1 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:52 pm wrote:Boy its just my opinion. I see no.threat to Adam at all. Yes Famous ppl.can be targeted. My point is with.tight security. Where Adam well be i.dont think he well.be a target at all. The danger should of ceased.

You don't know that "the danger should of ceased." None of us do. Just saying. ::flowers::
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

The danger should have ceased. - We can only hope, but we don't know how prepared France is to up their screening into concert halls, etc. I can stroll into a local theatre for a music event, without having someone peering and pawing into my handbag, but go through screenings and sometimes pat-downs at MSG and Mohegan Sun.
Of course, I doubt that the terrorists who hit the Bataclan had tickets to the show - they just stormed in to an unsecured location.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Paula » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:15 pm wrote:Does this mean that the show is canceled? http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snsalm

SureFireWinner ♏ · @rainierstar
16th Nov 2015 from TwitLonger

Translation of this page http://www.radiofg.com/news/attentats-%C3%A0-paris-459: Due to the national mourning decreed by the authorities consecutively to the attacks that hit Paris, RadioFG took the decision to change its program in order to respect the dignity and the contemplation of the families of the victims and injured with a programming musical deep - house & lounge throughout the weekend RadioFG team presents its most heartfelt condolences to all the families affected by this tragedy.

All our thoughts go to the wounded, and to relatives.
This is only referring to the kind of music they will be playing on the air this weekend. Nothing to do with the concert.

Luke: Nobody is thinking that Adam would be targeted. The concern is that 89 people were killed 2 days ago while attending a concert. U2 cancelled their shows for this weekend (before France had cancelled all concerts and closed all venues). Foo Fighters has cancelled their entire European tour. France has bombed ISIS in Syria today... Will it bring on further 'retaliation' from ISIS? This is an ongoing developing situation. To just bring it down to 'Adam wouldn't be targeted' is very tunnel-visioned.
"It is what it is!"
Moonlightchiara

Post by Moonlightchiara »

As Marie said, it is doubtful Adam himself would be targeted. But it would be a well attended concert, which is exactly the kind of place these animals would be looking for. Timing wise, I don't know that they would have been able to,plan for another target so soon after this (or to retaliate for the Syria bombing) but that's just it. We don't know.

Carmi had it right. I live on Long Island, near NYC. Everyone, and I mean everyone was in a state of shock, just numb for weeks and weeks. No one had any inclination to go to a concert. Honestly, I think if a concert had still been scheduled, there would have been a lot of anger. I imagine the same might be true in Paris. You need time to heal.

I don't see the concert happening. However, if it does go on as planned, I imagine Adam will honor his commitment.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Luke, While families are planning and holding funeral services for their loved ones and hundreds of others are still suffering from their wounds and the fact that the area of violence is only a short distance from venue where Adam was scheduled to perform, I just can't get a grip of how you think that anyone in close proximity to that tragedy could be in the right frame of mind to enjoy a concert.

About the only thing that would be fitting would be a memorial service with some appropriate music for that kind of occasion.

I think French law enforcement needs to concentrate on the necessities related to Friday night's tragedy and to not have to worry about protecting another large group of people who are just the type of target that is attractive to those terrorists.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Lol i think yourputting words in my mouth now. I never said ppl wld be in the right frame of mind. You said that, well duh. I wad just saying other concerts have not been cancelled. So imo Where Adam should be performing, he well be safe. Shouldent let the terrorists dictate, good chance to uplift ppl. Thats just my two cents, sorry if it opposes the norm.
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

3ku1 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:02 am wrote:Lol i think yourputting words in my mouth now. I never said ppl wld be in the right frame of mind. You said that, well duh. I wad just saying other concerts have not been cancelled. So imo Where Adam should be performing, he well be safe. Shouldent let the terrorists dictate, good chance to uplift ppl. Thats just my two cents, sorry if it opposes the norm.

I'm not so sure about that. ::no::
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Adam did a new snap shat
so I think we all need some distraction from the evil thats is now in our world

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Moonlightchiara » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:35 pm wrote:As Marie said, it is doubtful Adam himself would be targeted. But it would be a well attended concert, which is exactly the kind of place these animals would be looking for. Timing wise, I don't know that they would have been able to,plan for another target so soon after this (or to retaliate for the Syria bombing) but that's just it. We don't know.

Carmi had it right. I live on Long Island, near NYC. Everyone, and I mean everyone was in a state of shock, just numb for weeks and weeks. No one had any inclination to go to a concert. Honestly, I think if a concert had still been scheduled, there would have been a lot of anger. I imagine the same might be true in Paris. You need time to heal.

I don't see the concert happening. However, if it does go on as planned, I imagine Adam will honor his commitment.
You are absolutely correct! I live in New Jersey, only 30 minutes from NYC, but I was in NY on 9/11. The absolute shock (and remember 9/11 was the first massive terrorist strike) was felt everywhere. People were consumed with this event and very few had any desire to party for a long time.

Paris will decide what is right for Paris, but IMHO, a few days is not long enough a period of mourning. Yes, life must and will go on, but a week or 2 of less gayiety and partying would be in order.

Adam will come back to Paris under happier circumstances. Perhaps this weeks sold tickets could be exchanged...or at the least refunded.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

3ku1 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:02 am wrote:Lol i think yourputting words in my mouth now. I never said ppl wld be in the right frame of mind. You said that, well duh. I wad just saying other concerts have not been cancelled. So imo Where Adam should be performing, he well be safe. Shouldent let the terrorists dictate, good chance to uplift ppl. Thats just my two cents, sorry if it opposes the norm.
I think you are too young to understand the kind of pain those people in Paris are suffering and you don't live in a country that has to deal with the fear of dealing with borders that are easily crossed by criminals.

My boss lost his 37 yr old daughter to a sudden sickness and then 5 months later his wife to a car accident that wasn't her fault. He ceased listening to music for over a year which was totally out of character for him. He pays for Sirius radio and used to go to concerts all the time before that happened.

Extreme grief and loss is very hard to overcome. I heard on the news that the French government is considering shuttering all large public events until the end of the year!
Paula

Post by Paula »

New snapchat! He's getting a new tat near the Lusus Naturae tat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySvab0S ... e=youtu.be
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Looks like he is adding some color to the tattoo as well.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

I'm sorry did I hear right? I am too young to understand greif in any capacity? Lol your basing that on what exactly? You don't know me, your coming to that conclusion vicarousley based on a few of my posts. What some how my posts lose validation, because apparently I am not old enough to understand what is going on. What your stifling me, and diminishing me based on my age? Age has nothing to do with it. And I find it actually insulting you would even suggest to condescend me in such away. And pass me off as some stupid kid. I am 27 years of age, my opinion on the situation holds as just much weight as anyone. I know how terrible the situation is. Doesen't matter if you 1 or 100, everyone knows how terrible the situation is. The fact you would use my age as some kinda excuse, that I don't understand Is absurd, honestly. But whatever, my original point was I think Adam well be fine and safe to perform if it goes ahead.
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

I think only people in France have the background to add something solid to the discussion about whether a concert should proceed or not at this early date. It's a very case-sensitive situation. People may be willing to go out to the bistros in their neighborhoods, but maybe hesitant to go to a concert unless assured that there are security measures in place.
Luke, my son is roughly your age. He's 28. I don't know what it is he listens for music - it was ska at one point. I don't know what your background is, what you aspire to, what defines your day to day life. My son became an emergency medical technician at the age of 16 - partly inspired by the events of September 11. He enrolled in university, and then enlisted in the US Coast Guard Reserve, selecting as his preferred service slot a Port Security Unit. His Unit was activated to go to Kuwait to serve as port security for the US military supplies heading in and out of Afghanistan. He also spent four months in the Gulf of Arabia on an oil platform to protect that resource from militants. Made my heart stop to see photos of him manning a gun against vessels charging the platform. He's back home now, but still going out with Coast Guard to board vessels of interest in New York Harbor as a reservist.
I think some of us "olders" on the forum have different perspectives to offer, in part shaded by our children's experiences as college students.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Thank you Donna in giving your sensitive response to some comments here.

You know that I have sons who are 31 yr old (twins) who are college graduates and tackling their own life experiences. They still have much to learn and thankfully, they often consult with me and value my opinion when making important decisions. I don't expect them to know everything as their courses of study, work and personal interests are very different from my own. As a family, we've gone through divorce, sickness, the death of my children's father when they were 17 as well as the death of many relatives and friends. Life happens and we all cope with it differently.

As far as the Paris concert is concerned, IF the French government allows that concert to happen, I am sure that it will be heavily guarded. It could be a pretty somber affair. Of course...what do I know...it could also be a drunken brawl or maybe a huge celebration of French unity!

Guess we will all find out very soon.
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

Hugs and love to everyone suffering over this ::derrderr::

I've been pretty shook up over it. I love that city just so much. It is magical to me.

But no city should go through this...

I am very informed by my ties to Israel in these matters, so my tendency is always to just keep on keeping on. Using that sentiment, I would expect Paris to reopen everything soon. Israel does. But I also understand that not everyone will share that sentiment, and I think the fact that France retaliated today may make things more uncertain.

This is a special group of people and we need to be on each other's side, not fighting each other. Peace out ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart::
nica575

Post by nica575 »

svca » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:05 pm wrote:I'm so sorry, Marie ::huggy:: ::huggy::

Something like this happening casts such gloom over everything....it makes you appreciate everything so much more, because you realize how quickly it can be taken away. I do appreciate, though, how people pull together in support of each other, people and countries. It's heartwarming to see people support Paris by changing their profiles on facebook.

There was a post on Atop that made me think and made me cry.....a lady posted that the very thing that happened in Paris has been happening in other countries, such as Syria, for years. I can't imagine living under those kinds of conditions. She is a Glambert and apparently lives in, I believe, Syria.

Extra hugs for those still affected by this horrible attack ::grouphug::
This was a post by the amazingly talented 18 year old Kamar. She also posted a YT singing Imagine - hard not to tear up listening to her
[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 8LU1JbonZ8[/bbvideo]
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

JSYK, I posted the notice in the concert thread from the Radio FG facebook that the concert on the 19th has been cancelled which they just put up a couple of minutes ago.
Lizziek

Post by Lizziek »

I have to admit I'm relieved he won't be performing in Paris. ::wub::
Wonder where he is though?
Paula

Post by Paula »

Lizziek » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:21 am wrote:I have to admit I'm relieved he won't be performing in Paris. ::wub::
Wonder where he is though?
He's in London. Shoshanna tweeted to someone this morning that he was sitting right next to her.

I, too, am relieved that he won't be in Paris.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.

Return to “Let's Talk!”