***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Moonlightchiara

Post by Moonlightchiara »

Tiki » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:41 am wrote:So disgusted with the grammies. Adam wasn't nominated for anything. ::livid::
Damn! ::thumbdown::
Paula

Post by Paula »

Tiki » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:41 am wrote:So disgusted with the grammies. Adam wasn't nominated for anything. ::livid::
That angered me and upset me too. In my opinion (which I know means shit to the rest of the world), it's his best work to date. It blows anything else he's ever done, WWFM included in that, out of the water. He should have gotten SOMETHING. I don't know. Maybe I'm biased. But nonetheless, I'm really angry for him.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
tnkrbell80

Post by tnkrbell80 »

adam is like leonardo dicarpio of the music industry. the day he dies will be the day he wins a grammy. sad but true...
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

OK, all caught up... Off to run a few errands...

And may I say that I am thrilled no end that the next seven shows are at 'normal' times in my time zone? Most around 8:00 p.m. for me... Niiiiice!!!!

#ItsAllAboutMe ::haha::
"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

tnkrbell80 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:34 pm wrote:adam is like leonardo dicarpio of the music industry. the day he dies will be the day he wins a grammy. sad but true...
I sincerely hope not! But at the rate the Grammy's just pick the same big stars every year, namely Taylor Swift, you may be right. ::angry:: As Paula said this was Adam's best, and he deserved to be at least nominated.

But here is a little something to cheer us up! It was a tweet shared and since it was a private message, I won't share the tweet or tweeters names just to be on the safe side. Don't want to upset anyone and hoping just posting the picture won't either. ::smile:: Couldn't bring it in this morning, because I was on my tablet, had to wait until I was able to get on the computer.
It's definitely a ::drool:: picture. ::icecream:: ENJOY!!!!!!

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Something I just found, that will warm your hearts. It did mine. ::cryblownose::

http://www.advocate.com/families/2015/1 ... llstate-ad

Allstate Insurance
Here's to Firsts: Family | Allstate Insurance
[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/rU5FU6uFcPA[/bbvideo]
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

So cute and meaningful! ::heart::

AnimalPlanet ‏@AnimalPlanet 1h1 hour ago
.@carrieffisher's Dog Shows Us All It’s OK to Be a Little Different >> http://bit.ly/1Ne5BJ1

3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Yeah it was disappointing Adam was not nominated. But he wasen't expected to be. I mean Taylor Swift love or hate her success. Had some of the biggest hits of the year. All Top Ten on the Billboard Chart. Uptown Funk obvioiusley had that record stay at #1 on the BB Chart. Unfortunately for GT while it was an unexpected Top 20 Pop Hit. It didn't chart or perform well enough on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart, I think it made around 60ish. The Pop Category generally have the best commercially performing singles and albums. So in the big scheme of things, TOH just was not as commercially successful as the Taylors. Adam should get a technical nomination through Max Martin, whos bound to get nominated for Producer of the Year. And he produced TOH. Just because Adam was not nominated, does not mean he should have been. Or other artists like Taylor didn't deserve it, its just not Adams time yet.
Paula

Post by Paula »

3ku1 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:12 pm wrote:Yeah it was disappointing Adam was not nominated. But he wasen't expected to be. I mean Taylor Swift love or hate her success. Had some of the biggest hits of the year. All Top Ten on the Billboard Chart. Uptown Funk obvioiusley had that record stay at #1 on the BB Chart. Unfortunately for GT while it was an unexpected Top 20 Pop Hit. It didn't chart or perform well enough on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart, I think it made around 60ish. The Pop Category generally have the best commercially performing singles and albums. So in the big scheme of things, TOH just was not as commercially successful as the Taylors. Adam should get a technical nomination through Max Martin, whos bound to get nominated for Producer of the Year. And he produced TOH. Just because Adam was not nominated, does not mean he should have been. Or other artists like Taylor didn't deserve it, its just not Adams time yet.
So, what you're saying is that he SHOULDN'T have been nominated? ::noexpression:: Sorry, but I beg to differ with you on this. ::nono::
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

3ku1 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:12 pm wrote:Yeah it was disappointing Adam was not nominated. But he wasen't expected to be. I mean Taylor Swift love or hate her success. Had some of the biggest hits of the year. All Top Ten on the Billboard Chart. Uptown Funk obvioiusley had that record stay at #1 on the BB Chart. Unfortunately for GT while it was an unexpected Top 20 Pop Hit. It didn't chart or perform well enough on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart, I think it made around 60ish. The Pop Category generally have the best commercially performing singles and albums. So in the big scheme of things, TOH just was not as commercially successful as the Taylors. Adam should get a technical nomination through Max Martin, whos bound to get nominated for Producer of the Year. And he produced TOH. Just because Adam was not nominated, does not mean he should have been. Or other artists like Taylor didn't deserve it, its just not Adams time yet.

What do you mean he "wasn't expected to be?" How can you know that? How can any of us know that?

::flowers::
Paula

Post by Paula »

Carmi » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:13 pm wrote:
3ku1 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:12 pm wrote:Yeah it was disappointing Adam was not nominated. But he wasen't expected to be. I mean Taylor Swift love or hate her success. Had some of the biggest hits of the year. All Top Ten on the Billboard Chart. Uptown Funk obvioiusley had that record stay at #1 on the BB Chart. Unfortunately for GT while it was an unexpected Top 20 Pop Hit. It didn't chart or perform well enough on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart, I think it made around 60ish. The Pop Category generally have the best commercially performing singles and albums. So in the big scheme of things, TOH just was not as commercially successful as the Taylors. Adam should get a technical nomination through Max Martin, whos bound to get nominated for Producer of the Year. And he produced TOH. Just because Adam was not nominated, does not mean he should have been. Or other artists like Taylor didn't deserve it, its just not Adams time yet.

What do you mean he "wasn't expected to be?" How can you know that? How can any of us know that?

Exactly!
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

To be honest, it would have been a 'fall out of my chair' shocking moment if I had seen Adam's name on any of those nominations. Not that I don't think he deserves it, he does. But, I wasn't expecting it. The Grammy's tend to honor the stuff that was huge commercially and/or the stuff that received out of this world critical acclaim.

I would have loved to have seen him get a pop vocal nomination but the chance of getting a nomination in any of the vocal categories is so slim since they no longer do male and female. It's ridiculous. It really limits the number of artists getting a nomination.

As happens every year, there were many not so surprising nominations and lots of surprising snubs.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

I really thought Adam would get a nom ::cryblownose::

He has really worked so hard....and...TOH is an amazing album ::wub::

Especially after that MTV list about a week ago....he was pretty far up on that list ::crying::

I do get tired of the same ones ...over & over.....with multiple nomination.....

They are talented.....however ....not that OTT talented ::thinking::

IDGI ::unsure::

Anyway.....here is a list of artists that somehow never got a Grammy either....

He is in good company ::thumbup:: Queen ::thumbup::

1. Bob Marley

2. Tupac Shakur

3. The Doors

4. Queen

5. Jimi Hendrix

6. Curtis Mayfield

7. The Who

8. Snoop Dogg

9. Björk

10. Chuck Berry

11. The Grateful Dead

12. Diana Ross

13. Nas

14. ZZ Top

15. Queens of the Stone Age

16. Katy Perry

17. One Direction

18. PSY

19. Justin Bieber

20. Janis Joplin

21. Buddy Holly

22. Notorious B.I.G.

23. (Eric B. &) Rakim

24. Rush

25. Run D.M.C.

26. Guns n’ Roses

27. Boston

28. Sam Cooke

29. Talking Heads

30. The Ramones

31. The Everly Brothers

32. Patti Smith

33. Public Enemy

34. Sly & the Family Stone

35. The Sex Pistols

36. Parliament &/or Funkadelic

37. The O’Jays

38. Creedence Clearwater Revival

39. The Stooges

40. Motley Crue

41. Kiss

42. Deep Purple

43. Journey

44. Jackson Browne

45. The Pretenders

46.Toby Keith

47. New Order

48. Depeche Mode

49. Tiesto

50. The Kinks

51. Morrissey

52. The Smiths

53. ABBA

54. Dusty Springfield

55. Teddy Pendergrass
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

::devil::
Carmi » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:13 pm wrote:

Lol I love how majority of Adam fans these days cannot handle opposing opinions. He wasen't expected to be. Because GT didn't perform as well as the other nominated songs on the charts in the America. He was an outside chance at best, their was not an expectation he was going to be nominated. You say how does any of us no that? We know how GT performed locally and internationally. Most had a gauge at his chances of a Grammy nom based on that. I am not saying he didn't deserve to be nominated, I am just saying the artists that were deserved their nomination just as much.
 ! Message from: madamimadam
Luke: I've edited your post... yet again.... This is the last time. Please refrain from name-calling your fellow members.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

3ku1 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:24 am wrote:::devil::

Lol I love how majority of Adam fans these days cannot handle opposing opinions. He wasen't expected to be. Because GT didn't perform as well as the other nominated songs on the charts in the America. He was an outside chance at best, their was not an expectation he was going to be nominated. You say how does any of us no that? We know how GT performed locally and internationally. Most had a gauge at his chances of a Grammy nom based on that. I am not saying he didn't deserve to be nominated, I am just saying the artists that were deserved their nomination just as much.

First of all, have some respect. See the flower emoticon? I was asking you respectfully.

I can handle opposing opinions very well thank you. You didn't say, imo. You stated it as a fact and I wanted to know why.

While Ghost Town might not have done all that well in US, it did very well internationally. That is a fact that can't be denied and should be taken into account by the Grammy committee. He was gold and platinum in several countries.

According to Shosh, TOH sold best and highest in US and UK. So there is that too. Again, FACT, not opinion.

You state again that, "he was an outside chance at best" and "and there was not an expectation." Based on what? You weren't there when the committee was making their decision?. That is very broad sweeping statements with no apparent weight to them.

IMO, he had just as good a chance as anyone to get a nom.

In the big picture, none of this really matters. It's just music, and not that deep. However, if you want to have a discussion in a thread called "gabfest", it is best not to be so snippy with a fellow poster. Don't we both admire and want only the best for Adam? No need to be mean about things.
I had edited Luke's comment, so I had to edit your quote of his post as well as yours. Sorry!
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

the general public (eg "Us") have a general idea of who is in the mix for nominations well before they are announced...there are well known prognosticators who write articles on such things..nothing is ever 100% and there are always surprises, but there is a general idea of who is in the mix before they are announced. Before Adam was nominated for WWFM he was mentioned in lots of articles as a potential nominee for male pop vocal, BNA and pop album...I fully expect the male pop vocal nomination. He was on the short list for those 3 categories and frequently mentioned in grammy related articles. This year he definitely wasn't on the short list for anything and wasn't in the mix. Other than one article on hdd where ghost town was mentioned with about 15/20 other songs as potential record of the year adam was never mentioned in any articles re who might potentially be nominated. about 90% of the nominations were expected, the names who were on all of the rumored potential nominees list. Then there were the usual surprises; but even there, Kelly Clarkson was a surprise but she is a huge grammy darling, has been nominated in the pop categories every album and has won several times before. So not such a surprise. FAns who were thinking that Adam might get a nom this year jus weren't paying attention or know enough how these things work. Not trying to be harsh. But there was no chance of a nomination this year. He had more of a chance for pop album for trespassing because of the # 1. But even that year he wasn't in the mix
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

very surprisingly Max was not nominated for producer of the year...Bizarre given he produced several of the record and album of the year nominees.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

rustycat » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:30 pm wrote:

the general public (eg "Us") have a general idea of who is in the mix for nominations well before they are announced...there are well known prognosticators who write articles on such things..nothing is ever 100% and there are always surprises, but there is a general idea of who is in the mix before they are announced. Before Adam was nominated for WWFM he was mentioned in lots of articles as a potential nominee for male pop vocal, BNA and pop album...I fully expect the male pop vocal nomination. He was on the short list for those 3 categories and frequently mentioned in grammy related articles. This year he definitely wasn't on the short list for anything and wasn't in the mix. Other than one article on hdd where ghost town was mentioned with about 15/20 other songs as potential record of the year adam was never mentioned in any articles re who might potentially be nominated. about 90% of the nominations were expected, the names who were on all of the rumored potential nominees list. Then there were the usual surprises; but even there, Kelly Clarkson was a surprise but she is a huge grammy darling, has been nominated in the pop categories every album and has won several times before. So not such a surprise. FAns who were thinking that Adam might get a nom this year jus weren't paying attention or know enough how these things work. Not trying to be harsh. But there was no chance of a nomination this year. He had more of a chance for pop album for trespassing because of the # 1. But even that year he wasn't in the mix

Thanks Rustycat for the sane and calm reply. ::huggy:: This is the kind of response I was looking for and wanted to engage in.

I was hoping that Adam would be a dark horse and felt strongly that it could have happened for him. Stranger things have happened at the Grammys before.

IMO, Kelly's album was not such a good one. I was very surprised at that nom. A real shocker dark horse to me was Meghan Trainor. I would have chosen Tove Lo over her.

It is consistent, out of left field choices, that happen every year, that gave me hope that Adam would have been nommed.

I'm a fan and just would have loved for him to be part of it. I see nothing wrong or ignorant in my hopes for him. The music industry is a strange place. ::haha::
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

I think the majority of us knew he wouldn't get a nod, but were still hoping that he might. It is only natural that we would. We are his fans and all artists fans hope the same for their particular artist. I was more angered at the fact that every year, it seems to be almost the same people and I don't think they are any better than many other good artists out there. So many artists work and have worked their butts off and have huge hits etc, and haven't or will never see a Grammy. I wonder why that is?

It would be great for Adam if he someday wins a Grammy, but it is not the end of the world.

I look at this way, I will never remember Adam because of a Grammy, but I will always remember his music and to me his music, vocals etc. are what is really important. ::heart::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I HAVE DELETED THE LAST THREE POSTS AND 3KU1 HAS BEEN SENT TO SLEEPAWAY CAMP FOR A MONTH!

AS CLEARLY STATED IN MY MISSION STATEMENT FOR THIS BOARD, RESPECT FOR YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS IS A MUST!!!!!
"It is what it is!"

Return to “Let's Talk!”