***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
misswood

Post by misswood »

Damn it. ::angry:: you deleted them too fast. I missed it.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

misswood » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:48 am wrote:Damn it. ::angry:: you deleted them too fast. I missed it.
::nanananana:: ::nanananana:: ::nanananana::
"It is what it is!"
marlock276

Post by marlock276 »

What gets me is that, well, we know the Grammys nominate those artists who had big hits, but how did they get such big hits??? Hmmmmmm, could it be that about 50 radio stations a week add their songs, and then all of them play them over and over? (I know I'm being a bit OTT, but it's really frustrating! Why is it always the same several artists who get the awards year in and year out?)
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

marlock276 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:44 pm wrote:What gets me is that, well, we know the Grammys nominate those artists who had big hits, but how did they get such big hits??? Hmmmmmm, could it be that about 50 radio stations a week add their songs, and then all of them play them over and over? (I know I'm being a bit OTT, but it's really frustrating! Why is it always the same several artists who get the awards year in and year out?)
You're asking why the sky is blue... Sadly.....
"It is what it is!"
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

I also saw someone mention on twitter that Warner was totally snubbed at the Grammys. I have not checked this yet, but at least Jason Derulos absence is strange.
For me the whole Awards business - including Grammys - has not much to do with artistic quality. Adam has mentioned that politics are playing a big role and I think also connections, influence and payola.

And I am hoping that Adam will be hiring a kickass US publicist. For me the "March US tour" incident was handled very poorly by Adams team. Fans were asking for weeks now about the March dates on twitter and Adams IG - is there nobody in Adams team checking these things? Shoshanna was completely gobsmacked when she was asked about the tour. And do other stars publicists also discussing and arguing with fans on twitter?

Adam seems to be happy with his team and he had a busy and successful year but I am still asking myself why he was not part of any awards show or certain prime time TV shows in the US or the Frank Sinatra special - would have been perfect for Adam.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

This was just on iHeart FB.....

Here's Why Drake's 'Hotline Bling' Didn't Get Any Grammy Love

Drizzy Drake's had one hell of a year, particularly due to the overwhelming success of "Hotline Bling." However, the hip hop heavyweight won't see any mention of the hit at the 2016 Grammy Awards because it wasn't nominated in any categories and that snub can be credited to his label, Cash Money Records.
Industry website Hits Daily Double reported that the song wasn't nominated for any categories because of a "clerical error on the part of label Cash Money." Somewhere in Toronto, the MC is probably fuming. While other snubs like Carly Rae Jepsen and Lana Del Rey (likely) didn't score any nods because of a lack of committee votes, it appears like Drizzy's mishap was due to straight up negligence. "That huge hit might well have been a multiple-category contender but for this goof," HHD reported.

However, Drake did receive some Grammy love in several other categories, including Best Rap Song ("Energy"), Best Rap Album (If You're Reading This It's Too Late), Best Rap Performance ("Back To Back") ("Truffle Butter alongside Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne) and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration ("Only" alongside Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne and Chris Brown).

Still, we're sure that the "clerical error" probably has Drizzy kicking himself.

Read more: http://news.iheart.com/articles/trendin ... z3tria75fQ
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
marlock276

Post by marlock276 »

And of course Chris Brown has been nominated. ::thumbdown::
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

marlock276 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:42 pm wrote:And of course Chris Brown has been nominated. ::thumbdown::

MTE ::angry::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

WOW!!! A must-read about Windows 10!!!!

http://www.networkworld.com/article/295 ... ement.html
"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Thank you for posting this Marie. ::flowers:: It is something everybody should know about Windows 10 and security.

I had already read about this prior to the Window 10 installation, not this particular article though, and double checked everything after it was installed, and Windows 10 did not change any of my privacy settings. Maybe because it was installed on top of Windows 7, I am not sure.

The only thing I had to do after Windows 10 installed was disable Cortana as I had previously read about it and the Edge before the installation and had no intention of using either one. ::no:: So I think I am safe from prying eyes. ::laughing::

But that's not to say, it hasn't caused me some problems, but they were easily fixed once I was able to figure it our or find the answer on the net, except for my touch pad on the laptop. I have to disable it everytime I come on as I use a mouse and for some reason it no longer holds. Still waiting for a fix for that. ::smile::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Off to babysit, but leaving you with this.... ::roll::

WarmingCuteness 1h1 hour ago
Who called you a bad dog? Point them out I will end them...

"It is what it is!"
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

Does anyone have a really good photo of Adam's Eye of Horus? Now that the infinity tat is all gone, I'm giving serious thought to getting a real tattoo for my birthday, since I intend to be obsessed with him forever, and I want to see how it looks now that it is embedded in his current sleeve.

Thanks! ::hugkissblush::
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

I just Googled it! "adam lambert eye of horus" ::hello::

sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

I need the way it looks now, now that he filled it in. The infinity is now gone completely

By the way, I'm from the same town his grandmother was from -- Fall River, Mass. Just found that out! Eerie!!!!!! ::yessss::
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

sandyrk » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:22 pm wrote:I need the way it looks now, now that he filled it in. The infinity is now gone completely

By the way, I'm from the same town his grandmother was from -- Fall River, Mass. Just found that out! Eerie!!!!!! ::yessss::
I don't recall seeing a full, clear picture of it with the sleeve surrounding it and the infinity covered up. I don't think the Eye is covered...just a small gap between it and the new tattoo.
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

sandyrk » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:51 pm wrote:Does anyone have a really good photo of Adam's Eye of Horus? Now that the infinity tat is all gone, I'm giving serious thought to getting a real tattoo for my birthday, since I intend to be obsessed with him forever, and I want to see how it looks now that it is embedded in his current sleeve.

Thanks! ::hugkissblush::
Brave girl. I have thought about a tattoo, for the experience. My middle daughter has a couple of shooting stars, and my son got a half-sleeve of marine-related things including a hard-helmetted diver after he came back from deployment with the Coast Guard in Kuwait. When he started commercial diving school this year, he thought he would catch a lot of flak for that.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

I think this was the first picture that appeared where we realized that he had covered up the infinity tattoo and it only shows a little bit where the new tattoo surrounds the eye of horus.

sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

Thanks! I still like it and will do it in blue, like it is there...

I found out the place he has his done in L.A., so I will go there. Why not????
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

sandyrk » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:06 pm wrote:Thanks! I still like it and will do it in blue, like it is there...

I found out the place he has his done in L.A., so I will go there. Why not????
You're much braver than me! The only thing I had done in a tattoo shop was get my ears repierced after I let them grow shut. I had them done by a doctor when I was about 12 years old (on a bet!) but one hole was not straight through and it was hard to put earrings in it. I also kept having problems with reactions to the metal in some of my earrings so I just stopped wearing them for about 10 years. Adam inspired me to get them repierced before the Glam Nation concert! ::yes::
Lizziek

Post by Lizziek »

sandyrk » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:22 pm wrote:I need the way it looks now, now that he filled it in. The infinity is now gone completely

I posted in the Worcester show that I'm also was born in Fall River. Small world. ::hello::

Return to “Let's Talk!”