***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Home of the "This and That" news/info/etc.

Post by madamimadam »

Yesterday, after the VMA nominations were announced, Nicki Minaj went on a rant why one of her videos wasn't nominated. Out of the blues, Taylor Swift entered into the fray.... Not worth bringing that crap in... but it lead to this... which is priceless!!!!

BrunoMars
Yo I want in on this twitter Beef!! VMAs is the new WWF!! @edsheeran Fuck You!

BrunoMars 14h14 hours ago
Bruno Mars retweeted Angelie Censon
SHOW YOURSELF!!! @edsheeran Bruno Mars added,
Angelie Censon @echosei_ACE
@BrunoMars @edsheeran SAY NO MORE. Place yo bets people

edsheeran
@BrunoMars any way we do dis you gon' come up short

BrunoMars
That Cut deep..U always know how to sheer me to the core. I can't believe we're Sheeran this in public. How dare u!

edsheeran
@BrunoMars but all my crew know that Bruno has eyebrows dat be uno. And plays Cluedo with SuBo, but you lose coz you blow
"It is what it is!"
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

madamimadam » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:05 pm wrote:Yesterday, after the VMA nominations were announced, Nicki Minaj went on a rant why one of her videos wasn't nominated. Out of the blues, Taylor Swift entered into the fray.... Not worth bringing that crap in... but it lead to this... which is priceless!!!!

BrunoMars
Yo I want in on this twitter Beef!! VMAs is the new WWF!! @edsheeran Fuck You!

BrunoMars 14h14 hours ago
Bruno Mars retweeted Angelie Censon
SHOW YOURSELF!!! @edsheeran Bruno Mars added,
Angelie Censon @echosei_ACE
@BrunoMars @edsheeran SAY NO MORE. Place yo bets people

edsheeran
@BrunoMars any way we do dis you gon' come up short

BrunoMars
That Cut deep..U always know how to sheer me to the core. I can't believe we're Sheeran this in public. How dare u!

edsheeran
@BrunoMars but all my crew know that Bruno has eyebrows dat be uno. And plays Cluedo with SuBo, but you lose coz you blow
Love it!! when I went to bed last night Ed had not yet responded to Bruno. Was happy this morning to see Ed was willing to play along. Fun way to remind people to not take this stuff so seriously. ::clapbig::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I had the most amazing non-Adam day today.

I had a 'ladies lunch' with my 7 year old granddaughter. Came back to my place, went to the pool for an hour and then.... THEN!!!!!

She wanted to go through my cupboard for me so I could get rid of clothes I haven't worn in 10 years!

She overheard me bemoaning the fact that I have no time for that stuff coz... Adam!!!!

She had a ball doing it. She would bring me one piece at a time and I would either "yay" or "nay" it. She made two piles.... One to be given away and one for me to wash. We got 15 bags of clothes to give away!!!!!

Half of my cupboard is now empty!!!!!

She had such a ball doing it and she is 'such a girl', she would comment on whether a piece was 'worthy' of keeping or not, would roll her eyes if I said yes to something she didn't like and sighed oh, such heavy sighs, if I decided to give something away that she felt was "so soft/gorgeous/would look so good on you"....

I had started this project a year and a half ago by pulling out the expensive stuff to give to my daughter-in-law (10 suits/dresses) and meant to keep going, but alas... QAL and ... coz.... Adam in general....

::haha::

Bless her 7 year old soul!!!! I am babysitting her all day on Wednesday and she can't wait to finish my cupboard and attack the drawers!!!!

Why, oh why, did I have two boys? Girls are wonderful!

::icant::

Child labor you say? Pfffffttttt..... I bought her lunch, didn't I?
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Marie,

Love your story...such a difference between girls and boys. My mom had 2 girls. Her house was spotless. My older sister moved out as soon as she started college because she says that she felt like she was my mom's slave! I inherited all the work since I was 6 years younger! Cooking and laundry was the only housework my mom had to do once her daughters were old enough to climb on a chair to wash dishes, push a vacuum, mop the floors and do the dusting.

I have 2 grown sons and managed to get them to do their own laundry, put their dirty dishes in the sink, change their own beds and unload the dishwasher. They insisted that I write down other work that I needed them to do; it usually took days before those chores got done. Their clean clothes end up in piles in their room because their closets are full of junk! ::wacko:: Thankfully, they never messed up the rest of the house.

My oldest (by 1 minute...since they are twins) is now living in another city and when he comes home he is very helpful around the house. His brother is still at home and his attitude toward house cleaning hasn't changed.

They both work hard at their jobs, take care of their own cars and pay their own bills. They are friendly, honest young men and are always a big help in an emergency!

I think I raised the pretty well! ::grin:: ::haha::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Final update in my granddaughter's foray into my closet...

Bless her 7 year old soul, she finished my entire closet and all my drawers! Everything that's now hanging in my closet or in my drawers has been freshly washed!

She was relentless! Whenever I told her we should take a break, she would give me the side-eye and tell me: "Just one more section/drawer/etc.!".

My closet is half empty and my sock drawer is organized BY COLOR although not alphabetically!!!!!

::crylaugh::

I've told her that I've had offers of adoption or for her to get paid to go do the same thing at some of my on line friends' houses, but, after great consideration, she told me she's not ready to go to strangers' houses to do that sort of thing, but maybe when she's older in a year or two! ::haha::

I did have a few items of clothing in the guest bedroom that still had their price tags on... I told her we could put those away without washing them... Again with the side-eye (sterner this time), she said: "Do you have any idea how much dust there is in that room? We have to wash it all!!!!"

As her departing shot though, she did mention that my guest bedroom which has become my 'junk room' is next on her list.

I fear for her future husband/wife!!!!!

"It is what it is!"
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

My son is off to a new adventure tomorrow. He's starting a trade school in "commercial diving", which is all about underwater construction, hazmat, etc. Well, he wasn't into going back to traditional college after being called to active duty for Coast Guard in Kuwait, of all places. He tried working as an EMT, and also in office work, but obviously he wants try something new. (Watch my grey hair for something else new.)
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

donnamb » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:54 pm wrote:My son is off to a new adventure tomorrow. He's starting a trade school in "commercial diving", which is all about underwater construction, hazmat, etc. Well, he wasn't into going back to traditional college after being called to active duty for Coast Guard in Kuwait, of all places. He tried working as an EMT, and also in office work, but obviously he wants try something new. (Watch my grey hair for something else new.)
Exciting...and scary!! Best of luck to him...and to you too, Donna!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I'm too pooped to deal with the Daily News thread tonight. I'm off to bed for a few hours.

The Project comes on at 4:30 a.m. for me and I need to be on line before for the streamer!

I'll take care of it then.

What a day!!!!!!

::whut:: ::clapbig:: ::whut:: ::woohoo:: ::whut:: ::banana::
"It is what it is!"
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

vistadiva » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:04 pm wrote:
donnamb » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:54 pm wrote:My son is off to a new adventure tomorrow. He's starting a trade school in "commercial diving", which is all about underwater construction, hazmat, etc. Well, he wasn't into going back to traditional college after being called to active duty for Coast Guard in Kuwait, of all places. He tried working as an EMT, and also in office work, but obviously he wants try something new. (Watch my grey hair for something else new.)
Exciting...and scary!! Best of luck to him...and to you too, Donna!!
Haven't talked to son, but he seems to be surviving. Put up an instagram of his "underwater physics" text book. - whoops, spoke too soon, he just called.Then there's baby-sitting for my grand-daughter born - get this - on 1/29. My daughter asked me if I knew her astrologic sign. Hah!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Squirrely007 9m9 minutes ago
LOL! They had no idea that was him. (even the news guy?) Sam Smith crashes 7NEWS interview at Red Rocks via @YouTube

"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

GOT A CALL THAT MY MOM PASSED AWAY ABOUT AN HOUR AGO AND TRYING TO DEAL WITH ARRANGEMENTS. SHE WENT PEACEFULLY AT 98!!!!

SHE HAD HER BATH, COMPLAINED SHE WAS COLD, THEY PUT A SWEATER ON HER AND A BLANKET, SAT HER IN HER CHAIR, CAME BACK 2 MINUTES LATER TO SEE IF SHE WAS WARM ENOUGH AND SHE WAS GONE... SHE WENT PEACEFULLY BUT MANAGED TO BITCH AT THEM TILL THE BITTER END. I LOVE HER SO MUCH! ::haha::

HONESTLY, I COULDN'T HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER END FOR HER. SHE'S UP WITH MY DAD NOW AND THEY'RE PROBABLY FIGHTING! RIGHT ABOUT NOW, MY DAD IS PROBABLY CURSING SHE CAME TO HIM SO QUICKLY! LOL! HONEST, GUYS. I'M FINE! ::crylaugh::
"It is what it is!"
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

madamimadam » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:33 pm wrote:GOT A CALL THAT MY MOM PASSED AWAY ABOUT AN HOUR AGO AND TRYING TO DEAL WITH ARRANGEMENTS. SHE WENT PEACEFULLY AT 98!!!!

SHE HAD HER BATH, COMPLAINED SHE WAS COLD, THEY PUT A SWEATER ON HER AND A BLANKET, SAT HER IN HER CHAIR, CAME BACK 2 MINUTES LATER TO SEE IF SHE WAS WARM ENOUGH AND SHE WAS GONE... SHE WENT PEACEFULLY BUT MANAGED TO BITCH AT THEM TILL THE BITTER END. I LOVE HER SO MUCH! ::haha::

HONESTLY, I COULDN'T HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER END FOR HER. SHE'S UP WITH MY DAD NOW AND THEY'RE PROBABLY FIGHTING! RIGHT ABOUT NOW, MY DAD IS PROBABLY CURSING SHE CAME TO HIM SO QUICKLY! LOL! HONEST, GUYS. I'M FINE! ::crylaugh::
You could probably still use a hug. ::huggy::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

bebeg » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:54 pm wrote: You could probably still use a hug. ::huggy::
Thanks! I'm actually giggling picturing her 'straightening out' heaven! Checking the corners and side-eyeing the angels and crooking her finger at them and pointing to the corners and telling them to do their job properly!

"It is what it is!"
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

But glad your ok and can laugh ::flowers::
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

Sending light and love and healing thoughts. ::huggy::
healing light.jpg
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Marie,

I saw your tweets about the passing of your mom. Wish we could all be there to help you cope with your loss. ::derrderr:: ::flowers:: ::huggy::

Your mom sounds like she now has compatible company up in heaven with my mother! My mom would check our rooms with white gloves to make sure we didn't miss any dust after cleaning and made us re-make our beds if they didn't stand up to her standards (she was a Marine during WWII). My dad was a total angel dealing with her complaining although in his case, he outlived her by 3 years and was 8 years older.

I hope all of your memorial/funeral plans go smoothly and I take comfort in that your mom had a big influence in making you the special person that we all appreciate so much! ::yes::
Lizziek

Post by Lizziek »

Marie
So sorry for your loss, Losing a loved one always leaves a void in our lives no matter
the circumstances. I'm sure all your fond memories of your mom will help fill that void.
My thoughts are with you. ::huggy:: ::heart::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Thanks, guys! I was doing fine... I found all the paperwork the funeral home asked for EXCEPT FOR ONE FRIGGIN' CERTIFICATE!!!!

I am so frustrated right now... I'm crying, not from sadness, but from rage!!!!

Where is the damned thing?????????????

I've run out of ideas where it could be!

::livid:: ::cryblownose:: ::livid::
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

madamimadam » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:33 pm wrote:GOT A CALL THAT MY MOM PASSED AWAY ABOUT AN HOUR AGO AND TRYING TO DEAL WITH ARRANGEMENTS. SHE WENT PEACEFULLY AT 98!!!!

Thinking of you. Love you, Marie. ::huggy::
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Marie. Hang on to all your good memories, ever and always.

Return to “Let's Talk!”