The Welcoming Wagon

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Sealuv

Post by Sealuv »

Thought I would bring in a little CELEBRATION!...and boy ..luv this youtube format!

[youtube][/youtube] :party:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam:6044 wrote:Well, all done with my updates... It feels so good not to piggie back with IDF and not have to put my posts in "Quotes"....

:stir:
Lucky You.  :laugh: Now that you are here, I will go back to jumping back and forth. :rolleyes:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Just finished updating my List of venues videos by videographer/set list chart that people are using on the net!!!!

http://adamlambert.myfanforum.org/about114.html

Another one to check off my 'to do' list!!!!  :clap:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

leothelion:6019 wrote:A writer from Metro in London, which if its the one I am thinking of gets distributed free on the underground tube is writing a review showing up on Monday I believe, and there will probably be others.   I have a feeling that Edge Publicity must have some sort of understanding with Metro because they have covered Adam and QAL a few times over the last year.     Its quite a good outlet because there is always a copy lying on seats and passengers pick them up and read them during their journey.     So, in other words, pretty good readership numbers.
Quite a few media people who were at Shosh's office and heard Ghost Town have said that their reviews would be posted on Monday/Tuesday this week... So methinks the Adam Tsunami is about to hit us!!!!

:celebrate:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

leothelion:6024 wrote:sorry Tiki, I forgot to mention that these reviews are from journalists who have heard the song.    So they are able to review it before its release date.    Speaking of which, some people seem to believe that we might be able to hear the song this Friday.     Not sure where they are getting their info from though.
Oh? I haven't seen that rumor at all... Do you have a source? Please say yes!!!!!

barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

Tiki:6051 wrote:
madamimadam:6044 wrote:Well, all done with my updates... It feels so good not to piggie back with IDF and not have to put my posts in "Quotes"....

Lucky You.  :laugh: Now that you are here, I will go back to jumping back and forth. :rolleyes:
it's will be hard not to take a peek over there especially while many will still be transitioning.  It's been home for so long! :hug:
svca

Post by svca »

I've still got IDF open, too, Barb.  Planning on peeking in here and there to try and catch people that don't post all that often.  I want to make sure they know about our new place.

I've PM'd a couple of people already.

I don't want anybody to feel left out, and I'm not sure if everybody goes into the This & That thread.

:unsure:
svca

Post by svca »

Don't be shy, guys! Come join us, even if you just want to lurk... ')

http://adamlambert.myfanforum.org/index.php

Heh, just wanted to see how hard/easy it was to copy/paste from the other forum.

This is a test....this is only a test!!  :lmfao:  :lmfao:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

svca:6064 wrote:I've still got IDF open, too, Barb.  Planning on peeking in here and there to try and catch people that don't post all that often.  I want to make sure they know about our new place.

I don't want anybody to feel left out, and I'm not sure if everybody goes into the This & That thread.

That's great svca.:flowers:   Thank you for doing that and yes we don't want anyone to feel left out.    :hug:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

svca:6065 wrote:Don't be shy, guys! Come join us, even if you just want to lurk... ')

Heh, just wanted to see how hard/easy it was to copy/paste from the other forum.

NICE!   Well done! :thumbsup:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

barb4Adam:6060 wrote:
Tiki:6051 wrote:

it's will be hard not to take a peek over there especially while many will still be transitioning.  It's been home for so long! :hug:
That's exactly how I felt. I've been at IDF for 6 years. I joined at the end of Adam's season on AI and never looked back.

When one of my Techie Angels approached me about creating my own board, which I never thought was a possibility (coz ($$$$$$) and techie knowledge way beyond my pay grade!!!!  :laugh: ), I thought I'd use this as a 'backup' in case IDF froze us out at an 'inconvenient time in Adam's fandom' or shut down completely since it was created for American Idol and it may or may not see another season.

That was two weeks ago! As time went on and I tried to populate this board with posts for 2015 and play around with settings, visuals, etc. with my two Techie Angels, I realized that 'double dipping' the info was beyond my abilities. It was a killer to remember which threads had been done here which meant I had to bring the fresh information I was posting at IDF on this board as well to keep it up-to-date.... It was a nightmare!!!!

Also, because I created this board to my specific liking, I learned to enjoy being here more than at IDF, but always missing the people over there.

I hope in time, this board becomes so familiar to you guys that it will truly feel like home.

You've been here for 5 hours so things may still seem strange, but I promise once you get the hang of it, I think it's awesome!!!!

:hug:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca:6064 wrote:I've still got IDF open, too, Barb.  Planning on peeking in here and there to try and catch people that don't post all that often.  I want to make sure they know about our new place.

I thought about opening a thread at IDF to 'announce' this board. I think Buzz would be fine with it. He was really a sweetheart about my leaving. He honestly wished me well and even offer his support if I ever needed it.

What do you guys think, should I open a thread, so it's noticeable by everyone?

Chime in!
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

Taking a look around - Nice work, Marie (and your assistants) :clap:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca:6065 wrote:Don't be shy, guys! Come join us, even if you just want to lurk... ')

And the only step you are missing in that is to select your post (Ctrl-A), hit Quote (box above) and you've got it...

svca

Post by svca »

I really like the idea of opening a thread so people can see it easily, Marie.

I just know how I would feel if everybody suddenly disappeared, my feelings would be hurt I think.  Even though you posted the info in the This & That thread, I don't think everybody looks in there.  I know there are a couple of gals in the Sauli thread that I hardly ever see anywhere else (just for an example).

And I really love how you've set up this new place to look pretty much like IDF, so everyone should transition pretty easily, I would think.

I just want to see my IDF family all together in our new home

:wub:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

donnamb:6079 wrote:Taking a look around - Nice work, Marie (and your assistants) :clap:
MWAHHHH and welcome!!!!  :flowers:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca:6081 wrote:I really like the idea of opening a thread so people can see it easily, Marie.

I just know how I would feel if everybody suddenly disappeared, my feelings would be hurt I think.  Even though you posted the info in the This & That thread, I don't think everybody looks in there.  I know there are a couple of gals in the Sauli thread that I hardly ever see anywhere else (just for an example).

And I really love how you've set up this new place to look pretty much like IDF, so everyone should transition pretty easily, I would think.

I just want to see my IDF family all together in our new home

:wub:
OK, off to start a thread at IDF to gather the 'masses'....  :lmfao:
loxie

Post by loxie »

What an ambitious undertaking!  Looks Fantastic!!!

I definitely think you should announce this in an opening thread, as long as you have Buzz's blessing.

Congrats!!!!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

BTW, we are a family and as in any family, everyone has to do their share.  :Smile:

So far Tiki and Infinite have been working their butts off bringing in posts from IDF.

Right now, they are working on all the venues from the 2015 UK/Europe Tour.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo, if anyone wants to chip in, let me know. I'll get you started on one thread and you can do it at your own pace. While I'm hoping you guys will be able to 'populate' the QAL tour (2014 and 2015), I'll start on the Archives...

As I said, the 'urgency' is gone now and we can do all of this at our own pace. So please consider helping out. It's really quite easy... A cut and paste undertaking - no techie skills needed!

:flowers:
svca

Post by svca »

madamimadam:6080 wrote:

And the only step you are missing in that is to select your post (Ctrl-A), hit Quote (box above) and you've got it...

Hit any old Quote on this page?

Or hit quote on the selected post on IDF?

See, told you I was a tech dummy  :blush:

ETA: and whoa CTRL-A highlights an entire page, is that correct?

Return to “Let's Talk!”