The Welcoming Wagon

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca:6086 wrote:
madamimadam:6080 wrote:
svca:6065 wrote:Don't be shy, guys! Come join us, even if you just want to lurk... ')

http://adamlambert.myfanforum.org/index.php

Heh, just wanted to see how hard/easy it was to copy/paste from the other forum.

This is a test....this is only a test!!  :lmfao:  :lmfao:
And the only step you are missing in that is to select your post (Ctrl-A), hit Quote (box above) and you've got it...

:stir:
Hit any old Quote on this page?

Or hit quote on the selected post on IDF?

See, told you I was a tech dummy  :blush:
When you copied and pasted the post from IDF. That's basically all you have to do. Once you're done the few 'prettying up' steps, you click on the Quote box above your MTT post.
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

madamimadam:6071 wrote:
svca:6064 wrote:I've still got IDF open, too, Barb.  Planning on peeking in here and there to try and catch people that don't post all that often.  I want to make sure they know about our new place.

I've PM'd a couple of people already.

I don't want anybody to feel left out, and I'm not sure if everybody goes into the This & That thread.

:unsure:
I thought about opening a thread at IDF to 'announce' this board. I think Buzz would be fine with it. He was really a sweetheart about my leaving. He honestly wished me well and even offer his support if I ever needed it.

What do you guys think, should I open a thread, so it's noticeable by everyone?

barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

barb4Adam wrote:
madamimadam:6071 wrote:
svca:6064 wrote:I've still got IDF open, too, Barb.  Planning on peeking in here and there to try and catch people that don't post all that often.  I want to make sure they know about our new place.

I've PM'd a couple of people already.

I don't want anybody to feel left out, and I'm not sure if everybody goes into the This & That thread.

:unsure:
I thought about opening a thread at IDF to 'announce' this board. I think Buzz would be fine with it. He was really a sweetheart about my leaving. He honestly wished me well and even offer his support if I ever needed it.

I think it would certainly be helpful and the polite to do really for any who might not go to
This and That thread.  Wouldn't want them to think people are jusr dropping out...might take it personally! :giggle:  :thinks:
svca

Post by svca »

on't be shy, guys! Come join us, even if you just want to lurk... ')

--------------------
"It is what it is!"

Oops, still obviously not doing it right...sorry....bows head in shame  :flowers:
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

So are there no Signature pics here...why do I think I saw one on a post :thinks: , but no place to submit in the profile???
tbert

Post by tbert »

Oh, this is wonderful... Thanks!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/4SWmDIJ.jpg[/img]
svca

Post by svca »

Lol, trying to read Marie's post on IDF, and I keep getting the ERROR.

:tantrum:  :tantrum:  :tantrum:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

[quote="svca:6091" Don't be shy, guys! Come join us, even if you just want to lurk... ')

--------------------
"It is what it is!"

Oops, still obviously not doing it right...sorry....bows head in shame  :flowers:
OK, that's part of the 'slight fixing' that needs to be done.

To bring in posts from IDF, you need to 'reply' to the post at IDF.

The top two lines will look like this:

Hi guys!

Only select and copy from the apostrophe before the poster's name until the end of the post EXCLUDING [/quo te]

Then come to your post here and paste it here... It should look like this...

'madamimadam' date='Apr 11th 2015, 5:54 PM' post='26791642']
Hi guys!

The next thing is to get rid of the post number which is irrelevant here... So select the portion in italics.... and hit enter. This will create a blank line between the two top lines.

Your post will now be looking like this...

'madamimadam' date='Apr 11th 2015, 5:54 PM'

Hi guys!

Now you're good to post. Ctrl-A will select the entire post, select the Quote box above, hit submit.

The end result will look like this:
'madamimadam' date='Apr 11th 2015, 5:54 PM'

Hi guys!
It sounds like a lot of steps, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it becomes second nature... And the beauty of this board is that you can go edit and fix anything you did wrong or if it's too much of a mess, just ask a mod or me to delete the post for you.

:flowers:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Welcome tbert, donnamb, & loxie to our new home. :flowers:  I was away for a couple of minutes, so didn't see you all come until now. Enyoy yourselves and take your time looking around or trying things out. It's all a bit confusing at first, but I am sure it won't take you all long at all to figure things out. :Smile:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

barb4Adam:6092 wrote:So are there no Signature pics here...why do I think I saw one on a post :thinks: , but no place to submit in the profile???
To have a picture siggie, just get the url link and post it in the Signature box in your profile!

Eazy peazy!

:thumbsup:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca:6094 wrote:Lol, trying to read Marie's post on IDF, and I keep getting the ERROR.

:tantrum:  :tantrum:  :tantrum:
Marie's post at IDF took me 10 FRIGGIN' TRIES!!!!! GRRRRRR!!!!!

:tantrum:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

madamimadam:6098 wrote:
barb4Adam:6092 wrote:So are there no Signature pics here...why do I think I saw one on a post :thinks: , but no place to submit in the profile???
To have a picture siggie, just get the url link and post it in the Signature box in your profile!

Eazy peazy!

OK, I just started putting info that you guys are asking about in the second post of this thread...

http://adamlambert.myfanforum.org/sutra5201.php#5201

It's been a whirlwind and I can't remember if there were any other tips you guys asked about that I can add on there. Let me know.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

BTW, if anyone needs help with their avi, just pm me the pic you want to use and I'll do it for you.

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Also, just so you all know what I'm planning....

I wanted to give IDFers a chance to join and get settled in a bit before tweeting out the link to my board.

I plan to do that tomorrow at noon...

I don't know how many will join. People who are used to twitter and it's instant responses may not be 'board inclined'... We'll see... Would be lovely to have 'fresh blood' to converse with!

:lmfao:
tbert

Post by tbert »

Oh, so I have mastered the avi but have never been able to do a signature ..lol Thanks Marie for all this work and the new board
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

These are some questions that Misswood pm'd me. With her permission, I'll answer them here so it might help others!  :Smile:
...when I click view more emoticons, the box disappears when I click on the smiley before I'm able to put it in my sentence (inserts angry smiley)! And what does the "quote' above each posters post do?   And by the way, you did a great job constructing this site. Which one do we post and reply in?  Are you gonna run back and forth posting the same news in each one?
SVCA had the same problem with emoticons and her great hubby figured out it was a pop-up blocker that was causing the problem.

You might also want to try a different browser than the one you are currently using.

I have found that all emoticons automatically get posted at the very end of my posts, which is a PITA because sometimes I want them where my cursor is. Right now, what I'm doing is going to the end of the post and copy/paste the emoticon where I actually want it... PITA but temporary solution... My Techie Angels are looking into it.  :giggle:

The "quote" above each post lets you 'insert' their post into your post as a quote, which comes in handy when other posts have gone on and people wouldn't have a clue about what you're talking about! :rolling: It's the equivalent of "Reply" at IDF.

And no, I will NOT be running back and forth posting the same stuff in both places. I'll post my usual 'sea of red' here. I've let it be known at IDF that everyone is welcome to copy/paste the info from here to there... but it won't be me... Kinda have my hands full at the moment!  :lmfao:
tbert

Post by tbert »

A new board thanks to all of you.. in a new era #3  :)
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

tbert:6111 wrote:A new board thanks to all of you.. in a new era #3  :)
Yup! All shiny and new!!!!

Do you want a picture siggie? If so, PM me the pic you want and I'll do it for you.

We are a full service organization!!!!

:rolling:
Sagittarius

Post by Sagittarius »

SO happy for all of us !!

Thanks Madam Marie and everyone who helped put this site together !!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Sagittarius:6118 wrote:SO happy for all of us !!

Thanks Madam Marie and everyone who helped put this site together !!
Welcome to our new home!!!! :flowers:  No more Bad Gateways! Praise the Lord!!!!!!  :celebrate:

Return to “Let's Talk!”