Competition TV Shows - AI, The Voice, XFactor, etc.

Sabine

Post by Sabine »

Can someone explain how the whole finale thing works? I always thought the stars are performing together with the two remaining contestants? Like Adam with Queen or Kiss?
Isn`t the focus usually on the contestants?

And from what I understand they have - with the exception of Kelly C. - all the previous winners invited to the finale. Do they all sing too?
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Sabine » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:15 am wrote:Can someone explain how the whole finale thing works? I always thought the stars are performing together with the two remaining contestants? Like Adam with Queen or Kiss?

And from what I understand they have - with the exception of Kelly C. - all the previous winners invited to the finale. Do they all sing too?
In the past the finale was a two day event - first day was the final two performing. The final night of the finale was a night where artists (not just former idols) came on and performed with several of the contestants, not just the final two.

This year is going to be different so I don't think we really know what is going to happen. They are having a three night finale. The first night is a retrospective where I'm sure Adam will appear with many other former contestants.

My guess is the second night will be when the final two perform and then the final night will be like in the past with artists on to perform with several of the contestants.

But, because this is the final season it sounds like former idols are being asked back for all three nights of the finale. Who knows how it's going to play out.
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

bebeg » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:35 am wrote:
Sabine » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:15 am wrote:Can someone explain how the whole finale thing works? I always thought the stars are performing together with the two remaining contestants? Like Adam with Queen or Kiss?

In the past the finale was a two day event - first day was the final two performing. The final night of the finale was a night where artists (not just former idols) came on and performed with several of the contestants, not just the final two.

This year is going to be different so I don't think we really know what is going to happen. They are having a three night finale. The first night is a retrospective where I'm sure Adam will appear with many other former contestants.

My guess is the second night will be when the final two perform and then the final night will be like in the past with artists on to perform with several of the contestants.

But, because this is the final season it sounds like former idols are being asked back for all three nights of the finale. Who knows how it's going to play out.
Thanks!

Yes, since it is the final season there are probably some surprises for the last three nights.

Shoshanna just answered some fan questions and it looks like we are getting the next single during the next weeks ("soon") . Could be a good possibility for Adam with great exposure.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

Sabine » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:48 am wrote:
bebeg » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:35 am wrote:

Thanks!

Yes, since it is the final season there are probably some surprises for the last three nights.

Shoshanna just answered some fan questions and it looks like we are getting the next single during the next weeks ("soon") . Could be a good possibility for Adam with great exposure.

No doubt there will be some surprises for the ending of Idol's finale shows. Who knows what they will come up with. ::thinking:: On Adam's finale show, not all stars came back to sing "with" the contestants. Rod Stewart was a stand alone. That's what I hope for Adam too. Show up as a superstar, and sing the hell out of TOH. I'm greedy. ::haha:: I just want the light to shine on him. ::yessss::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

lilybop2010 51s52 seconds ago
PEOPLE IDOL EDITION SCANS by @Merrie_NY Thank you!
https://lilybop.smugmug.com/Other-11/Ma ... rie_NY.jpg
https://lilybop.smugmug.com/Other-11/Ma ... NY%202.jpg

"It is what it is!"
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

These are Adams sites at the AI People special?

WTF???? Rehashing old pics (with the exception of the QAL one) and the write-up? Big fail. ::thumbdown::
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

So is it 1985. Marty!! We have to get bk to the future. Why doc? If Adam Lambert doesent give us entertainment. The world well end. Lets leave before its to late. Other wise in 2016 he well.still be putting his dancers in his crutch, performing on idol, wearing eyeliner etc. Wait that already happened...
Paula

Post by Paula »

Sabine » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:08 am wrote:These are Adams sites at the AI People special?

WTF???? Rehashing old pics (with the exception of the QAL one) and the write-up? Big fail. ::thumbdown::
Well, to be fair, it IS a book on American Idol, and pictures of him from the show are a big part of that.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
misswood

Post by misswood »

I liked it when he put the dancer in his crutch. ::smile::
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

misswood » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:16 pm wrote:I liked it when he put the dancer in his crutch. ::smile::

::crylaugh:: ::icant:: ::hysterical:: ::crylaugh:: ::icant:: ::hysterical:: ::crylaugh:: ::icant:: ::hysterical:: ::rofl::
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Yeah I dont see much of an issue. It's about idol. So relevant. They mentioned Queen. And highest earning idol last year. Not that bad.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

OT......
IslandGirl
‏@islandgirljams
ADAM ON IDOL NEXT WEEK WOOHOOO @adamlambert
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Adam Lambert Media Retweeted
Celebrities Report ‏@CelebritiesRep 15m15 minutes ago
BREAKING NEWS!! Adam Lambert Will Perform On American Idol Next Week (Thursday,… http://celebritiesreport.com/?p=167282
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

islandgirljams 2h2 hours ago
I watched idol for @PattiHum tonight- she totally called him being on next week

Looking forward to the launch of Single#3 #smash #toh

mmadamimadamm 1h1 hour ago
mmadamimadamm Retweeted Michael Slezak
AWWWW!!!!! mmadamimadamm added,
Michael Slezak @MichaelSlezakTV
And now I know my heart is a ghost town... #IdolResults

"It is what it is!"
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

mjsbigblog ‏@mjsbigblog
FOX is calling the @AdamLambert appearance a "very special final performance" in the PR so maybe he's not coming back for the finale?

mjsbigblog ‏@mjsbigblog
There's nothing in the press release about @AdamLambert judging or mentoring. Just performing.

No clue how reliable she is.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

When it comes to.Adam. I.wouldn't trust mj as far as I.can throw her lol.
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

mjsbigblog ‎@mjsbigblog
FOX is calling the @AdamLambert appearance a "very special final performance" in the PR so maybe he's not coming back for the finale?

Matthew Poliachik ‎@mpoliachik_3588
@mjsbigblog @adamlambert Probably not. One of my friends is in the Rocky Horror cast, and I know she's busy with it on that night.
6:14 AM - 11 Mar 2016

mjsbigblog ‎@mjsbigblog
There's nothing in the press release about @AdamLambert judging or mentoring. Just performing.
6:10 AM - 11 Mar 2016
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Sabine » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:50 am wrote:mjsbigblog ‏@mjsbigblog

mjsbigblog ‏@mjsbigblog

Now that he's performing next week I wouldn't expect that he will also perform on finale night. That would be a bit odd. I do, however, still expect him to be at the retrospective show and be in attendance on finale night.

Either way....Adam is once again performing on Idol. I'm pretty sure he's the only former contestant to appear in some capacity each and every year after he competed....right?

Adam is singing on national tv next week!!!! ::banana:: ::wheee:: ::woohoo:: ::clapbig::
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

Great to have confirmation that Adam is performing next week. March 17 is exactly seven years to the day that he blew everyone away with his seminal performance of Ring Of Fire. ::yessss:: ::clapbig:: Another full circle. That night imo catapulted him above all the others. Mind blowing for an Idol contestant and unexpected to say the least. Pure artistry. ::notworthy::
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

bebeg » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:25 am wrote:
Sabine » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:50 am wrote:mjsbigblog ‏@mjsbigblog

mjsbigblog ‏@mjsbigblog

Now that he's performing next week I wouldn't expect that he will also perform on finale night. That would be a bit odd. I do, however, still expect him to be at the retrospective show and be in attendance on finale night.

Either way....Adam is once again performing on Idol. I'm pretty sure he's the only former contestant to appear in some capacity each and every year after he competed....right?

Adam is singing on national tv next week!!!! ::banana:: ::wheee:: ::woohoo:: ::clapbig::

I don't know that there is any indication that the retrospective show is a live event. I thought it was a filmed special where they would show the history of the show. I highly doubt that Adam is going to show up for Idol live 2x during finale week. I think he had told billboard that he would be at the finale but that was a month or two ago and Adam may have conflated finale with appearance on final season and didn't really mean he would be at finale. given the break in his tour schedule most suspected he would be doing either Idol or RHPS next week; and then whichever one wasn't scheduled for next week he would do finale week. Given that RHPS is filming finale week he probably needs to be in Toronto. Or he could turn up at either the finale or retrospective (if live) .
Moved from Let's Talk! to The Lesser Used Threads on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:38 am by madamimadam

Return to “The Lesser Used Threads”